Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***OKC NATS + Flex Fan Carnage!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Apr 6, 2009.

1. It makes me sick to my stomach to say.. but I might miss the Lonestar Roundup because I decided at the last minute to go to the NSRA event in OKC... That's not a good trade!! I was having a good day on saturday, but on the way back to Norman where I was staying with friends, the flex-fan decided to come apart and take out the radiator.

So, here are the event pics I took, plus pics of the damage... are there any alliance vendors that can get me a Walker Radiator in less than 2 weeks? Maybe I'm dreamin'...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was an AMAZING clone
    [​IMG]
    Thought this was interesting...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. And finally....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Great pictures. Great looking cars.
    Sucks about the radiator.

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

Did you damage the tanks at all?

You might take it to a local radiator repair shop and be able to get it repaired.

6. Tanks are fine. I'm not an expert on what can be repaired and what can't.. but it's worth shot.. especially before dropping $$ on a new one.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the pics, Dan. I hope you get your radiator fixed in time for the Roundup!

Malcolm

8. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting . Boy that stings.

9. great pics , sucks about the radiator hopefully you can have it repaired..

10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sure looks repairable to me. Get it out and to a shop, you can still make Austin. I have admired your car for a long time, looked it over good once again Sat am, hate that happened, but when we drive em, stuff happens. Good luck. Joe

11. blackout

blackout

Thanks for the pictures, you guys have some impressive cars. The radiator shop can put a new core in there for you.

12. have you pulled it yet??

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Sucks about the radiator damage.

Nice pics, the chopped '35 moredoor is a local car. I'll let Mac know someone liked it well enough to snap a pic. lol

14. This is a walker 4 core.... if it is repairable, what will a radiator shop replace it with? Will they get a new core from walker?

15. Not yet... My wife drove up sat. night to pick me up, and we came back sunday morning (fighting NASCAR traffic).. I borrowed our work truck and trailer and headed back up about 6 pm, (race ended, so fighting NASCAR traffic again) got back home and had it unloaded around 1:30 am.

16. I've seen worse repaired!

17. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Thanks for the pics, I had a non Hamb friendly car in high school, the flex fan let go and a blade went right through the hood.:eek: never found the blade, but left a 10 inch slice in the hood.

18. I've heard of that happening.. Despite the damage it could've been much worse, and I could've been alot farther from home.

19. from the looks of the pic it almost looks like the waterpump bearing failed. I'd replace it since your in there anyways...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  20. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Cool picts Thanks!

21. Weasel

Weasel

Flex fans are notrious for cracking at the hub. They should be banned - NEVER use a Flex fan and if you have one - remove it asap.

22. Yeah, that's a definite possibility... since the fan didn't break, but rather it looks like fan pushed forward into the rad... I wasn't able to get the fan off last night because the bent pieces have it wedged against the rad. but that'll be the first thing I check tonight.

23. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

Great pictures! You even got one of my truck. :cool: That sucks about your radiator carnage. I did happen to get a certificate for a Walker Z-AC radiator Sunday.....

24. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great pic's, thanks for posting. Sucks bout your radiator. If it's not repairable I think Speedway stocks a pretty good supply of Walker radiators, but the $$$ will probably take your breath away. Good luck, hope you make to the Round-Up. Gary

25. Just wanted thank those of you who are offering to help... looks like the Roundup is a strong possibility! Viva La HAMB!

26. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Thanks for the great pictures. Hope you get the car repaired in time for the Roundup!

27. Nuff said!