Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955.2 chevy pu gas tank options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 93chevy55, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 93chevy55

93chevy55

hey guys i have my 55 that i want to put a new safer gas tank. has any one put a dif. gas tank in theres. i was thinking a tank under the frame in the back with side fill has any one done this before please let me know
    thanks
    kujo

2. thebrassnuckles

thebrassnuckles

nobodys got any ideas?
    dang, i dont know what kind of tank to put there but i was thinkin about between the frame rails behind the rear end maybe.

3. whid

whid

mines a ad pickup but i just bought a 15gal rci aluminum fuel cell from summit it came with a gm sender.works for me.it just depends on how much you want to spend.theres bolt in stainless tanks ,cells and guys doing junkyard tanks.take your pick..........................dave

4. JAWS

JAWS

Brothers trucks sells a good one with a sender for the stock gauges, mounts in the rear behind the axle. Worth every penny!

5. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

you can use a 55-57 chevy car one with alittle tinkering....was going that route then went Fuel Cell

6. duffman

duffman

7. houston54

houston54

There are several sources for under the bed tanks for the 55059 trucks. No Limit, Brothers, etc. I would suggest using a 16 gallon universal tank from Tanks Inc. I used one in my 54 and plan on using one on the 59 when I get to that point. Can't beat the price. The one I have is a bed floor fill but I believe they have a side file as well.

8. Chuckdriver

Chuckdriver

I like the one from Tanks Inc.

9. I used one from a 1984 cutlas it will fit in between the frame rails at rear of the truck. I used the flip down tag from the cutlas except I flipped it upside down so the tag flipped up over the gas nozzle when filling.

Attached Files: