Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

Drug this out of an oleander bush in Pasadena a couple of months ago.

Attached Files:

2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

What do you guys run as far as shocks go, front and rear? I'm thinkin about changing out the shocks i have right now in my '65 econo truck because they are super mushy and it feels like a cadillac when i'm driving, but way to mushy of a ride:(

I want to use a stiffer shock!
    any recommendations?
    plus where are better shocks sold?
    any info will be much appreciated!
    thanks fellas,
    cab

3. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I used KONI's front and rear. I'm also 4" higher in the front and 3" higher in the rear. Ride is OK. With weak shocks when I would hit a good size bump the steering wheel would turn. KYB gas-adjust are good too. I've got those on my 65 Galaxie rag top.

4. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Just stock stuff in mine. But I haven't got any seat time in mine yet to say how it rides. Mine is up in the back 3" over stock. I run a front shock on the back too. It was the right length.

Later,Bill

5. 56truk

56truk
    from piqua,ohio

Had a 1965 E-Van in 1972 thru 1975, those vans were the icons of the 70's. Most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Nice to see that the interest is coming back.

6. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Yep, stock stuff in mine too, they're fine in the front, but not long enough in the rear since I put the lift blocks in it. Got to put longer shocks in the rear but I'm all ears for what kind. There is never any real weight in the back and a good bump feels like my back end might be coming off the ground...:eek:. I drove a '69 4x4 suburban on 39's everyday for years, so everything else rides like a Cadillac to me now.:D

7. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

With a 3" block in the back the front shocks are the right length. Got a guy at NAPA that did all the leg work for me. Its ride height, extention and compression measurments are perfect.

Later,Bill

8. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Whats every body using for ignition systems. mine is a 70's electronic convert, with an old motorola controle modual that gave up the goast. so right now Candy wont run, I hate to buy a new distributer just to put pertronics in it, maybe I'll just switch back to points.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think pertronix makes a stand-alone distributor. I have an HEI converted to Ford, but I haven't even wired it, much less fired it yet. A friend used one on an '89 Lincoln LeMons race car and it worked great. Big, bulky, and ugly though... then again, who's going to see it but you?

10. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Ya , thats true at least until I make my plexi dog house lid. I look for that distributer, i hope they make one for the 170s.

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Just another update. All glass is in. Its road worthy! :) later,Bill
    [​IMG]

12. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

SWEET van! Did you put a new windshield in it? I only found one place local and they want a mint.

13. rixrex

rixrex

one trip to California in the 70s from San Antonio was in an eight door Econoline 170? six cyl..three adults? one Irish setter(on doggie downers) all their clothes and stuff..and a Sportster tied up on one side and a Norton tied up on the other..those vans are practically indestructable..we joked when it was parked you could open up all the doors and it would disappear!

14. Trumped

Trumped

Here is a quick pic of mine. It's a 66 SUPERVAN and size does matter. I need the extra space to haul my crap to the swap meet!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

AND, of course, Dodge and Chevrolet and Volkswagen built the pickup versions of early vans too. Dodge went conventional like Ford, Chevy went with Corvair rear drive power. VW even built a crew cab version.

16. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

It actually came w the van but yes it is new.

Later,Bill

17. Choptop

Choptop

April 11, 2009 EconoWest Fest at the Rosebowl in Pasadena.

early vans as far as the eye can see.

18. mooneysusa

mooneysusa
    from N/A

Shop all the windshield places. PPG has Econoline windshields available to the glass installers. I just got one installed buy a local auto glass company for $250

19. jay t.

jay t.

I would like to post pics of my 66 Supervan but it's lettered with a companys name that is still in business. Same phone# and address also. I dont want to remove the hand painting,it has a cool patina to it. My wife thinks I should call them to see if they want to buy it back,but it is staying right where it is.

20. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

If you drive it around and the general public can see the lettering then there is no reason that you can't post it here. It is a rolling advertisement so they should be happy you posted it.

21. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Including the seal? Local shops here want $350.00 w/o the seal....Did you get it done by a chain store ?

22. Very good looking Vans/Trucks indeed!.....I really like the front seats and the straight axle I beams....got any?

23. jamf500

jamf500

i have a 65 5 window work in progress

Attached Files:

24. RichG

RichG

...just goofin' off...:D

Attached Files:

25. nosehairdreadlocks

nosehairdreadlocks
    from Hawaii

Your not looking at the motor, dumbass.

26. nosehairdreadlocks

nosehairdreadlocks
    from Hawaii

27. Three posts, and three smart ass remarks.
    The two here are not even clear what they are ranting about.
    Please, go find a new place to hang. We don't need your brand of BS here.

28. RichG

RichG

What are you talking about? Without a reference your comments are complete gibberish. Of course that doesn't mean with reference your comments will make any more sense...:D

29. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Oh god, I thought this was the one Drama free thread on here, but I guess not.