Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of my favorite junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shifts, Sep 10, 2004.

1. shifts

shifts

I took a walk thru this old yard yesterday & thought I'd take a few pics to share. Keep in mind, this stuff is all for sale @ a reasonable price. Found a few 401 nailheads, 49 Olds w/ a factory stick setup, 55 Olds stick, plus lots of old bodies & grills etc. Owner is even up for a junkyard crawl if we give advance notice. If you need info, get ahold of me & I can put you in touch w/ owner. PS, he's an old hotrodder from way back. DAVE

web page

2. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

cool yard i wish there where some good ones near me

3. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

WOW - very kool!

4. i neeeeed to talk about something in those pics with you...

tok

5. shifts

shifts

Bring it on Tok. Call me on my toll free# (715)877-4438 DAVE

6. SHIFTS- I'd love to go through there with you, sometime.
    I'll bring the torches and the cordless sawzall. [​IMG]

JOE[​IMG]

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

For 20 years, the magazines have been saying theres no more metal bodies left. Thanks for proving them WRONG!

8. I have to say I have not seen a yard like that in a while. Shifts that is a very good find and I bet business picks up for this guy soon.

9. Plowboy

Plowboy

Cool Stuff, I like that International truck. Too bad someone cut the roof off of that Zephyr. (at least it looks like a 39 or 40 zephyr 3 window)

10. shifts

shifts

Joe, lets get a group together & do it on a Saturday. The pics dont really show what all this guys got & like I said, hes willing to let us part stuff out. DAVE

11. shifts

shifts

Aaron, I think hes got a cpl more of those Zephyr coupe bodys. BTW, that nailhead turned out to be a 425 w/ a turbo 400. DAVE

12. kentucky

kentucky

I wish I knew about that place when I went to Minnesota to get the Coupe. I could have saved a few hours and picked up something just a little cooler [​IMG]

13. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I need that Olds stick stuff.........

14. Neat stuff!

It's weird for me to see a wrecking yard with weeds growing up through the cars... out here cars were always kept in rows with em stacked two high... and dirt... lotsa powdery dirt!

I can remember a couple of yards when I was a kid where the cars were haphazardly thrown out in a field... but they weren't really yards... more like places where old cars were kept... some old guy owned them all, and you had to get on his good side in order to even buy something.

The new breed of wrecking yard has just about put all the "old style" yards out of business... 'cept for towns like Modesto and Hayward... maybe SanJose... you can still go to those places and find stuff...

The new crop of yard is asphalt or gravel... has cars organized by make a model (and lots of them) and usually has the older cars in one section (40's, 50's and 60's iron) or in their own section organized by make.

I'm sure a lot of you remember the yards where they wouldn't let you out there with tools? You told the guy what you wanted, then he took you out there... and then one of his guys pulled the part for you. There's still quite a few of those out here... but they're getting more and more relaxed, I guess it's the pressure from the U-Pull-It yards.

One thing I've noticed is that the U-Pull-Its have a bunch of stuff destroyed... sometimes good parts that you could have used, broken to pieces by some jack-ass that didn't know how to remove something correctly... or didn't care.

I remember I was down at a yard in Fresno... guy had a '55 Chevy with a radio delete plate in it... I was blown away that it was still there... and the guy said "it's there because I don't let people pull parts off my damn cars!"

God I miss the old days... anyone else have any wrecking yard tales??
    Sam.

15. shifts

shifts

Bob, I bought the 49 Olds eng & tranny, 55 olds stick stuff & the 425 nailhead & tranny. I would let the 55 Olds stuff go, we'll talk. DAVE

16. [ QUOTE ]
    ...part stuff out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the sound of that.

JOE[​IMG]

17. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

I am in! When do we want to go? Pick a Saturday and I will be there! I'll bring liquid refreshments!

Mike

PM me if you put something together!

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

[ QUOTE ]
    I bought the 425 nailhead & tranny. . DAVE

[/ QUOTE ]

Anymore big nailheads out there? Always looking...

19. DelinquentDoll13

DelinquentDoll13

here's a funny junkyard pic....

Attached Files:

20. dave, that toll free number didn't work..

i also tried your shop number but i must have called too late..

I am interested in the 5w...

tok

21. haring

haring

[ QUOTE ]

I am interested in the 5w...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, why amongst all this blabberin' hasn't anyone mentioned THIS: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tok, I hope you get it!

22. My wife's folks live over toward Yosemitie...we found a yard up that way, old guy owns it, hes over 80 now, only open weekends...quite happy to let you wander round, but you want anything, you gotta ask him...

Heres a couple of things we found there, we were only there about 30 mins, and yes, I'm going back!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave

23. haring...we will see...we will see...

tok

24. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Is this place near Watertown? Gene

25. Speedfreak29

Speedfreak29