Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A Truck build update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Mar 31, 2009.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well even though I am going nuts with school and everything else I am blessed with having a place to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle(My Garage). Anyway it has been a little while since I have posted the progress on my little 1930 Model A pick up. This truck has gone a ton of different ways in my head and since last year has been placed on three different chassis. But I think i got it were I want it. So this is were I am at so far. The truck has a 5 inch chop and is rolling on a 32 Ford chassis with 1939 Ford X member transmission along withthe torq-tube and rear end. Also as you can see it is setting on a set of wide fives wrapped with 4.75 x 16 fronts and 7.50 x 16 rears. The power plant is a slight built 283 with a cragar adapter. I plan on painting the truck all black including the rims withan off set of polished stainless fire wall, nickel plated headers and the fins on the aluminum accesories polished. I know it is not going to be a show truck but I think it will represent me well. :D

Attached Files:

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

A couple of more pics

Attached Files:

3. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Good lookin truck. I like what you have done with it. Keep up the good work.

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Johnny C. , I will be posting updates being I am trying to get this thing on the road ASAP................lol...........

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

A word to the wise...think about swapping the 4.50x16 Firestones for the 5.00/5.25.

The load rating on the 4.50 is 660lbs each, verses 1070lbs for the 5.00's...and the 4.50's bounce like basketballs going down the road...ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

They are identical in size and looks. just my .o2...

...and nice truck!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man thats a bitchin' little truck, nice work! Love the stance and the wheel/tyre selection.
    Doc.

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks guys, 3wLarry, I will definetly check this out. I am also trying to find some way to balance these wheels

9. Southfork

Southfork

Your pickup has excellent proportions. From every angle it just looks right.

10. I like the look of the truck... and i really like the look of the wide 5's! I cant wait to see the finished product.

11. Truck looks great. I'm running wide 5's on my '34. As far as balancing, I bought one wide 5 adapter from Speedway and took it to the tire guy when I had them mounted and balanced...worked great.

12. 21tat

21tat

Lookin' great!

13. You dont want it to be a show truck? Well we dont either! :)

14. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Looking good, you gonna have it ready for Norwich ?

15. Really like the stance, tyre combo, chop.
    I know its only in mock up, but please make sure the grill lines up verticaly with the fire wall, its a little leaned back and made me take a double take, not knocking it at all, just an observation, some people care some dont.

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sets perfectly and the chop is great. As far as tire size goes... I have pretty big tires on my pickup. they too bounced but lowering the tire pressure to 15-20 pounds made it smooth right out. I have a suggestion with your firewall...
    If your bent on a shiny one...(I prefer painted) go with this...
    Found here... http://www.fpmmetals.com/Architectural.htm
    [​IMG]

17. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

18. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

Looking good! Great stance, too!

Take at look at my 'original restored 31, that I paid $75.00 for. Actuaally I purchased 3 - $25 raffle tickets at a local musem raffle, to which it was donated and won it.

19. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

20. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

When in high school, can't remember whether it was 1860 or 1960, we chopped and channeled a '30 pickup with a flathead and 3-2 setup. Our instructor showed us how to use a torch and bailing wire, to attach the top and fill in the seams. It worked great and was a lot easier and cooler than melting and working with lead.

21. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

That truck has the right stance. I dig it

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am not sure yet.:confused: But it looks as though it will have to be an electric one of some sort...........anyone have any ideas?

23. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

Remember whe, farm boys:

1. Your grandad filled the gulleys with old model a and t bodies and framet to keep them from washing out further.

2. Your dad burned your grandad's old collapsed barn with a half-dozen a's or t's, which he kept for parts to keep one of them running.

3. Your dad followed the tire tracks in the wheatfield to the shack timber, and found the model a, that you and your buddies paid $85 for, without the fathers knowledge.
    4. Your dad's neighbor advised him to bury 2 x 6's with bridge spikes in front of the bulk tractor fuel tank to catch the gas thief, and you had to buy a new set of tires.

4. For holloween, you and your buddies thought it would be funny to stuff a potatoe into the exhaust pipe of the local bachelor dentists
    new '59 eldorado, only to have it blow out an 8 x 10 plate glass in your dad's hardware.

5. For holloween, it was an intramural competion to turn over the last remaining outhouse, in town first, but as a freshman, you decided it would be more fun to move it over and cover the hole with cane and grass. While you were watching in the shadows,the first two guys to fall into the hole were the biggest lineman on the football team, aannd your paid for it in practice, the rest of the season.

6. For halloween, the local pharmacy kid swiped a gross of condoms from his dad's drugstore, the heavy equipment operator's kid borrowed a tank full of helium, and you swiped a gross of #10 washers and fishing line from your dad's hardware. After filling the condoms with helium and tying them with fishing line to the washers, your released them, all at once and on monday, they were all setting on the front steps of the old high school. Aannnd you had to write 10,000 times, that you would never do it again, until next year, that is.

7. You thought you were chasing your buddy at 110 mph to the teen hop in the next town, only to discover, after the car pulled over, it was the county sheriff, playing the game with you.

7. Your dad rued the day, he named you after him, when your name appeared in the local paper for a 110 mph speeding ticket, and everyone thought it was him.

Am sure you guys cane add some of your own past experiences, keep it going.

24. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

(i hate you);)

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Nice lookin' pickup! Great job!:cool:

26. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

So do my friends. A couple of friends, who bought $1,000 and $1200 in tickets and were going to split the profit, ha!

27. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

If that is a photo of you, I think you gave me a lap dance at the HILITER last nite, ha!

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well, I am going in the garage to night so I am sure I will have more pics tomorrow for those who are interested.

29. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

That's a bitchin' lil' truck Joe! The stance is perfect and the mods are just right. Please post more as you progress with it. Mike

30. Red Ryder

Red Ryder

I like it too and can't wait to see it when it gets a bath in BLACK! :)