Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Ford Pickup progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goodsonbg, Jan 22, 2009.

1. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Nice work man. I built a frame to mount my bed to. I mounted that frame to the chassis with four 1/2 inch threaded rods. That way you can tweak it till it's right.

2. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

Believe me, I spent most of my childhood hanging pictures on walls that were not there and it was obvious. My dad pointed me in the right direction and now I'm an asshole about the little things. I am by no means an expert but I've gotten better. What's going on with your pickup?

3. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Good job! I want to see how the bed comes out.

4. So your fabbing the bed from scratch??

Nice work so far!!

5. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

You got it, and thank you

6. Flowmaster

Flowmaster
    from Indiana

Lookin good man, Been good time fabbin' this rod with you and bill. Can't wait to get this mean machine on the road.

7. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

Howdy fellas. Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. Work, school, girlfriend and other commitments make for a busy life. To those interested, the pickup is coming along well. The bed is about ready to be skinned. I really didn't think it would take over a month to do this but this isn't OCC and I don't feel the need to live under deadlines. If the girlfriend doesn't have me by the huevos later, I'll post some more up to date pictures. We got the motor fired up a couple of days ago. Sounds good running through the old glass packs. It is probably only a couple hours worth of work from moving under its own power. In reality, a couple weeks. Thanks for keeping the motivation up during this project because I sometimes lack it. Staring at, now over 100 ft of 3/4 in square is a drag and I am more than ready to see it covered with 16 gauge. I'll be around. Take care.

8. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

Alright, It's been awhile but here are some progress pictures. Most of them suck but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My welder took a shit so my buddy Paul came to the rescue.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These vents are from my buddy Pat's Skylark that burnt up. I'm going to use them on the filler plate between the bed and the running boards. Tastefully of course.
    [​IMG]
    This 700r4 trans is for the Nova. Completely not related but I was excited.
    [​IMG]

The girl in charge of the operation.

Thanks for looking

9. Goodsonbg

Goodsonbg

So we took the truck out for a spin the other day(no fenders yet). That little truck is gonna fly with that Pontiac motor in it. We have a smog era quadrajet manifold on it with the stupid exhaust crossover. It has a hole in the manifold for the bi-metallic choke setup. We took that garbage off and plugged the hole with a bolt generously wrapped with electrical tape. It was just temporary so we didn't have to hear the exhaust leaking out of the intake manifold (and the asphyxiation factor). Well my dad was driving and got on the throttle pretty good. Lit that one tire up for a good half a block. All was well until it shot that fuckin plug out and started making all sorts of noise. I thought he spun a bearing. I got out and looked and got a face full, rather, eyefull of exhaust. The trials and tribulations of hot rodding. It had us laughing for awhile. We're happy with how it is coming out. Just need to find the time to finish it. Shouldn't be an issue as my father just retired. Hope all is well with you guys. I'll post pictures when it is done.

Cebollas Verdes

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Well, I'm sure Jewish or minority HAMBers will approve of this build.

Seriously dude,get rid of the pic with the swastika. There's no place for that here

osage orange likes this.
  11. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

What brand and color paint did you use for your Pontiac Blue? I bought some Por 15 engine paint in Pontiac blue, but I'm not sure how it's going to look. In the can it doesn't look nearly as good as yours. Thanks