Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod girl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Mar 20, 2009.

1. koolkev

koolkev
    from england

Great story , thanks for sharing .
    I have 7 year old TRIPLET grandchildren , 2 boys n a girl , they all love going out in my toy - even tho I have to lift them up into it.......they also love " weekend mechanic-ing " as they call it , helping me get he kar ready for rod runs . For my daughters 30th birthday I gave her the green vauxhall , totolly stock looking , ratty wagon , complete with child seats , oh , and its fitted with a buick 215 c.i. V8.... ...fastest car on the skool run. !! ..........

Attached Files:

2. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

[​IMG]
    the Ford first time out road rash bash . Still headlamp and muffler delete. hamber one way's yellow 30 next to it.

3. A BONED

A BONED

What a cool kid. You gotta burst with pride. Priceless.

Boner :)

4. SLIMLEG

SLIMLEG

very cool

very cool! Whats she working now?

5. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

She is currently working on her daddies 52 oldsmobile stick shift conversion, staying out of trouble in school ! !

6. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

real cool.

cheers and beers
    Hodge

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I'd frame her letter and that engine pic like its laid out here and give it to her!bet it would be an honored wall hanging in her room!

8. gilty

gilty
    from Pacific NW

awesome thread!

my 5 year old daughter loves to ride in my truck, but she prefers streets that aren't busy so "we can go fast loud - and there aren't as many people staring right at us!"

9. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

10. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

11. TERPU

TERPU

That's a good omen there buddy, Frame it and never let it go.

Tim

12. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

my 4 year old daughter has been in my shop for the last year and a half helping me on everything, she even took her b-day present-----which i bought her a home depot toy grinder------and riped it out of the package and put her face shield on and i put the batteries in for her, as soon as she figured out how to use it........................................

their goes my rf fender on my 52, it got custom grinding done--------i wanted to tan her hide but it was priceless

amazing how the younger generation remembers at that age

13. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

That is an awesome story. I'm in the process of building a 31 five window with a triple duece 348 chevy. My 12 yoa daughter and I went to a local salvage yard and picked up the motor recently. She helped me tear down the block just to find out the mice have made it their home for 30 plus years since the last re-build. I think having kids around our projects is as good as throwing the baseball in the back yard. Good post.

14. phukinartie

phukinartie

Thats way cool...Word of warning don't jump the wife's tahoe she will not think its as cool as a 34 and a 4 year old does and don't try to lie your way out of it because they will stand there and say yeah we did!!

15. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

16. A Rodder

A Rodder

Gotta love it when your kids under the age of 10 can generally call out cars by model and sometimes year better than half of your adult non car friends. Priceless, here is a ride around the block in a 21 I had.

Attached Files:

17. skuzkitty

skuzkitty

See if it wasn't for my the Male figures I had when I was growing up,I wouldn't be the kool kitten I am today! I always ask the "lil people" if they want to sit in my Rod,and they always do...they are our future rodders!!!

18. T BUCKET TERROR

T BUCKET TERROR

i always let kids get into my bucket at shows. i give lots of rides, and i carry some hot wheels "hotrod styled" toy cars to hand out to kids that show a spark of interest in my hotrod. a .96 cent investment into the future of this hotrod life. money well spent. and my grandkids love it too!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  19. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

That exact thing happened to me in my Dad's old chevy van.......I never seen my old man laugh so hard! :) I just sorta hung there, my feet did'nt even drag the ground.

You have a good kid there, Mr Haney....it kind of makes me want to have kids.

20. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I told my Son yea.....its all fun and games until someone gets hurt ! ! His mom woulda beat me with frying pan if he woulda ratted ! !

Funny my 13 year old Son wants nothing to do with Hot Rodding. All he wants to do is hang out with friends and get in trouble skateboarding.

All in all i would recomend having kids.....I actually have another one coming in 30 days ! ! Hope he will be able to enjoy the torch I pass as well ! !

21. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Kids are priceless. Maybe Ryan could make up some HAMB t shirts for kids that say "my Dad is a HAMBER" or something like that, for the kids. I bet this little girl would wear that shirt out. Very cool!:D

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You got your quote a little off. Art was never a potty mouth.:(

Frank

23. vette man

vette man

You got a good kid there!

24. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

Thank You!

25. RAY With

RAY With

Treasures every where and this one needs to be framed

26. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

THis is one of the most just plain perfect postings I have read in a very long time. I am still smiling!!
    Thanks for sharing it.