Register now to get rid of these ads!

<<<<< billetproof florida who's coming ??? >>>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roosters hot rods, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Movinman

Movinman

It's a freakin' sickness! There is no other way to describe it, John. The Merc went home on a trailer from BP last year thanks to some bad rings and an all around tired motor. It sat in the garage untouched while I worked on the Ford all year. I had no intention of bringing it until three weeks ago. That is when I succombed to peer pressure and got to wrenching on it. This was definitely a club effort, and I owe some bloody knuckles to several of my friends for their help in getting this thing done. I'm thinking if it wasn't for BP, the car would still be sitting in the garage untouched! I guess I need to personally thank Alan for the lack of sleep these past couple of weeks! :D

See you guys tomorrow afternoon!

2. My buddy Joe's late model truck (and my back up vehicle with my dads tow dolly hooked to the back) ate it's driveshaft support bearing about 1/2 hour ago down in Ruskin... Unless the stars all get aligned, we'll be flying without a net driving the '46 tomorrow, and have a job to do when we get back on Sunday.

3. SARGE

SARGE

HELL YEA!!!!!! I personaly have been waiting all year for this weekend...

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

5. Vic

Vic
    from Florida

The Cigar City Flatheads will be there. Member Mike T. built a beautiful trophy for the "keep a Ford in a Ford" class. If anyone is interested, on Sunday the FordBarn Meet is being held at Ray Wayside Park, SR-40 just east of the Silver Springs Attraction. It'll be mostly Flathead powered Fords on display so, if you've got one, why not drive it over. The meet starts at 10:00am. Hope to see you there.

6. Skirv

Skirv

I'll be leaving in the morning and should be at the hotel Friday afternoon. If any of you fellas need any tools, jacks, stands, tire plugs, spark plugs, wire, hose clamps, sealant, tape, or other repair items, look me up at the Sleep Inn. I'll be glad to help out if I can.

7. Yaril

Yaril

so i take it the Hemi is in and all is well^^^

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I really cannot wait for the pics I want to see what I am missing..................lol...........I will be there next year. Have fun guys and gals. Well I am going in the grage and working on the Model A it will help me get my mind off of this show.

9. Kenny P

Kenny P

10. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Had to stop in route ... either the voltage regulator or alternator or both,
    the 58 was discharging like hell, can't run at night with no lights.
    So ...... we got as far as Yemassee, SC !
    Stuck in a super 8 at exit 38, and she was runnin SOOOOO good too!
    About 250 mi from where we were gonna stop in Daytona to see my boy.

Anyone from this area that knows where an auto zone is by chance ?????

11. Choptop

Choptop

saw yer trophy today... FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!

Thank you soooooo much for making that. The Body Basher winner is getting a real work of art .

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Alan. ...............Did you give any thought about my other idea?

13. beyondhelp

beyondhelp

How am I gonna concentrate at work tomorrow? As long as my Jeep holds up I'll be there. Sounds like I've go nothin to worry about compared to most everyone else's travel plans. 3 hours should be cake. My daughter will be tagging along, she just doesn't know yet. :p

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

...this trophie is a real work of art....:D i know i unpacked it...joe sent it to me....i had a crowd at my shop taking pics:D:cool:......
    i'll take pics for ya joe... rooster

15. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks..............I will be looking for them..........lol........you guys are gonna have one hell of a time.:eek:.......... Just wish I was there........

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Sure add to the excitement while I'm stuck in SC .... lol
    just kidding, can't wait to see this years trophies.
    Is it morning yet, come on Sunrise, I wanna get back on the down the road!
    Any S.C. folk on here familar with this exit? Need an Auto Zone
    From what I can tell ...... theres Not much here on exit 38

17. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

THANKS for the awesome trophy!!!

Sorry you can't make it this year, we'll miss having you here. I'll take as many pictures as I can.

We did get Willies 46 Ford truck finished today. What a royal thrash it was. We had to swap transmissions today just to make it. After all the work we put into it in the last 2 weeks I wan't going to let a crap transmission stop him from driving to this show. Maybe mine will make the next one.

Is it time to cruise to the Big Daddy's yet?

18. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

You guys got to come over and give me some love...my band "Knockdown Dragout" will be playing there at 1:30!

19. Skirv

Skirv

Yup. So far so good. All buttoned up and ready to go. We'll see how it runs on the highway.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Is it time yet?!!!!!

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

WOW!!!!!!!........Bill.......I really wish I was there. I liked this car now I love this car

22. That was a late one. Woohoo! Let's roll! Skriv - can't wait to see that in person!
    Tony

Attached Files:

23. SARGE

SARGE

Heading out ...see ya'll soon......

24. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Our guys left out about 10 this morning so be sure and go look them up.

25. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Won't make any pre-show functions, but, will see yall down there tomorrow! Looking forward to it! :D

26. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Got back from Billetproof, FL last night with some jambalya that George made, it is wonderful - what a treat. I even have some with me today at work for lunch, cannot wait until lunch time !!

Thank you so much.