Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P HAMBANDY (Andy Dunn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Mar 17, 2009.

1. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Sorry to hear this sad news,

Prayers to all the faimly

............AND......................

God Speed to him..............

2. Bull

Bull

The tears are streaming down my cheeks here. Andy's story really hit home with me. I battled cancer when I was 11 years old. I was given a Model A Tudor by a friend of my father's when I was in the hospital. It was partly that Model A that helped me pull through. It gave me hope and something to look forward to. This year marks 20 years that I've had my Model A and I'm finally getting around to doing something with it. I know Andy will be watching over the build and guiding the way. Godspeed Andy, you forever be in my heart.

3. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

RIP Andy..Hambandy..

In our thoughts he lives forever..

4. chris55

chris55

Gods speed Andy...R.I.P

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Agreed. The best thing you can do in this life is to be worth missing when the good Lord calls you home. This was just practice that he didn't need. The rest of us will do well to keep up with him. Make it count. Congratulations on a life well lived Andy and congratulations to the friends and family that raised him right.

Andy, this world is lesser in your absence but better for your having been here. I hope to meet you in the next life. Godspeed my friend.

6. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

God speed!!!! St. Patrick will look over Andy, R.I.P!!

7. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

R.I.P.
    From one youngster, to another, God speed.

8. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

wow... Everytime I come to the HAMB, I think of Andy, dunno why, I think maybe its because of all the things that so many members did to make his dreams on earth come true.

I am consoled in the fact that he is no longer in any pain. I can only think of all the projects he'll soon be starting and all the cruising he'll be doing up in heaven.

I went to the link DirtyNails posted and found a map, that lead to this link:

http://champions.chordomafoundation.org/pages/44

It looks like maybe he or his family signed him up then sorta forgot about it.

9. blue57ford

blue57ford

10. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

It is hard to understand why in times like these. I feel for his parents. We will all remeber him for a long time to come.

11. kustombypook

kustombypook

This just made an already bad worse. Dear Dunn family, I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless.

12. Marty S1

Marty S1

couldn't agree more!!!............besides.had to copy......can't hardly see to type at the moment

13. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

As, "we walk among the valley of the shadow, we turn our heads a hear him coming"....

We talk amongst ourselves and think about, how fragile life can really be.....

This young man was an inspriration to all us young rodders, and to many of you...

God be with you andy,

god be with us all

rest in peace

luke............

14. Scott Robinson

Scott Robinson
    from Yucaipa

To Andy's family I am so sorry for your loss and may he rest in peace. He will be missed and take care from all of us. Scott

15. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Damn it!!!! Far too young and full of spirit. As said before Andy is kinda the HAMBs 1st child that everybody hoped would get better. I'm sure he knew he had a boatload of friends here that he would never meet but through all the threads here maybe got to know some of us alittle.Godspeed Andy, we'll all meet someday and my deepest heartfelt sympathies to his family and close friends.

16. saints

saints

I went back and read alot about this guy....You guys should be proud of yourselfs for making all this happen for him....as I got into his posts and topics my heart started to break and then I hit this post after a major surgery and lost it
    I had to log on the Hamb tonight under Hambandy to Thank each and every one of you for making my son survive this massive surgery. Yes, it was all of you that pulled him through. "I swear"The last week as we were waiting, he struggled for his life with the severe pain and high doses of morphine every morning to get to this computer to hear all your voices in his mind.If you could only see him through my eyes you would understand how much the HAMB has influenced his outcome.Your words and prayers and small talks about his car gave him the drive to survive.I am so grateful that you took the time to share your encouraging words with him.To all who"s been donating parts to his 31A build that Doc gave him I can"t Thank you enough.In Leons words Hambandy (hangin on to a dream) In my words (Hangin on to Hambandy) No Parent should have to bury their child and you all helped me in not burying mine. Never under estimate the power of the H.A.M.B Thanks again Chris
    You guys that met and reached out to him made a huge impact on the lives of this family.....and now his dad can set in andys car and know that the passenger seat will always be andys as he drives......God bless the hambers hearts that gave and god bless the family and know he made a huge impact on the lives of alot of people

17. Lucky77

Lucky77

Man, what a kick in the stomach. Kind of puts the shitty night I'm having here at work into prospective. RIP Andy, prayers and condolences to all his friends and family.

18. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed little man.....tough when they take the little guys and you see them grow up on in front of you (even though it is the internet).....damn.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas City

20. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

So sorry,,,so sad.....Rest in peace bro....

21. RodLand

RodLand

I couldn't get past page 8, so I'll just say my prayers go out to the Dunn family. And I think I will get up of my duff and get to work on My A V8.

Truly a sad day.

22. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I sit here trying to type something that remotely conveys my feelings. And I just can't. It makes me realize how closely knit this group is and how close I feel to a little guy I've never even met. I'm so glad for the build that took place and for the secret letters that we all put together for him. I will miss him. But hey, Jesus has a new cruising buddy up there for sure! RIP Andy.

23. Rest in peace little man

24. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

My loss for never getting to meet you.............R.I.P.

25. chopdtop

chopdtop

26. JAWS

JAWS

R.I.P. Andy.

Try not to get too many tickets racing around on the streets of gold!

We will miss you alot.

My heart goes out to his family and the rest of his friends.. GOD BLESS YOU!

27. R.I.P. little guy, Godspeed!

28. low49

low49
    from 209and408

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER