Register now to get rid of these ads!

I came up with a masking Material to use

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bellyjello, Mar 15, 2009.

1. bellyjello

bellyjello

Hey, I've been tinkering with my 64 chevy II. I'm putting the front end together. I wanted to to keep the scratching and dinging to a minimum. I don't know if its been done before but, I bought a roll of contact shelving paper. It clings to the metal well and it leaves no residue from sticking. It seems to be thicker than masking tape too. The roll I purchased is clear and has a 1/2 inch grid on the backing paper to aid in cutting to size. The price of the full roll is comparable to a roll of good tape, but you sure get a lot more coverage from the shelving paper. You can leave it on for long periods of time also.

I thought maybe this would come in handy for painters and everyone.....

2. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Ive used it when laying out flames, sure beats masking it all. it likes to peel when paint gets on it though.

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

i buy the low tack stuff for masking stuff like flames. I also us it to make stencils for sign painting.

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Sounds like cheap frisket.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

If you want better stuff...try the masking sheet that's used to put vinyl lettering on...it's tacky but isn't super tacky...it's also vinyl so nothing (paint) goes thru it...and you can get it in huge rolls...from 18" up...and it's off white so you can see what you draw on it.

R-

6. Masking material for vinyl graphix works great...releases easily, cuts easily and is economical...buy it at any sign supply shop/warehouse