Register now to get rid of these ads!

Albuquerque Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BitMonkey, Mar 11, 2009.

1. BitMonkey

BitMonkey

I thought I saw a flyer promoting an Albuquerque Swap Meet the weekend of March 14 at a recent car show. I figured I'd just Google it later and didn't get all the specifics. That didn't work. Great, I'm forced to admit I'm a ass-hat in my first post.

Anyone know anything about it?

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Haven't heard, but I'll ask around - someone will know.

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

SWAP MEET THIS WEEKEND!!!

Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2009-03-09, 8:35AM

Huge automative swap meet this comming weekend... march 13-14-15... 3333 2nd street just north of rio bravo.... come and buy, sell, or trade... for more info call 315-6778<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=3333 2nd street sw -->Location: 3333 2nd street sw
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    <!-- END CLTAGS -->
    Original URL:http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/1066864583.html

4. BitMonkey

BitMonkey

5. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Is it the one in Los Lunas? Never been, but I've heard it's good.

6. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Not Los Lunas meet...that's a pretty good one - as is the one near the university

7. metalman

metalman

I got a felling the weather is going to dampen this weekend but I'll still be there.

FYI the Rt 66 Rodders swap the first weekend of May has been moved from the University to Morris field in Los Lunas, same place as the fall meet.

33 Tudor: There is a swap meet and car show in Los Cruces on the 28th this month, don't know how big it will be, the show is ok but this is the first year they have added a swap meet. Easy run for you. One of my best freind's club is hosting it so I'm going down for support.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I google-mapped the address & it appears to be an empty field across from the railroad tracks...you got a better handle on it, metalman?

I *might* go...

9. ill be there!!! hoping to find the small stuff to finish my car:cool:

10. did anyone go today?? i had to work:mad:

11. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

I alway get the shaft and miss the dam good shit by the time i get there all the goodies are gone stuck at work but might try in the morning tomarrow. Anyone know if its the place with all the old cars on rio bravo north or is it south of that.

12. i think it is almost by you pull it not sure. im sure its not the guy with the cars.

13. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Cool ill find it if i get a chance to go. Thanks bros.

14. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Honestly, I saw the CL ad and it looked kind of shaky to me. I might check it out

15. Uptown83

Uptown83

Is this a for sure thing? Im thinking about driving up there. Whos putting on this event?

16. i have no idea but i plan on showing up tomorrow early.

17. metalman

metalman

Hey Ernie, just south of Rio Bravo on 2'nd, just past the scrap metal place, can't miss it. I went around one, maybe a half dozen venders, mostly just junk parts, cold, windy. If ya missed it ya didn't miss much. Hopefully the weather will be better Sat but I'm not holding my breath. I guess well have to wait till May to have a real swap. I don't understand how the promoter can claim "hugh" and "NM largest". Even if he sold all the spaces it couldn't be the biggest, the lot's too small. FWIW I guess this is a privite enterprise, I'd rather support the other 2 swaps we have that's promoted by local car clubs.

18. yea but its a start to having more then two swap meets a year. imho i think there should be 4 here. but thats just me.

19. Sscott55

Sscott55
    from Ojai

Thanks for the info....Fellow Nuevo hambers

20. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Just got off the phone with a guy who called me on a CL ad for some of my junk - he said he has a spot there tomorrow, so he's going...if the weather holds, I may go. If it's crappy, I'll stay in the garage and sand on my pickup bed!!

21. metalman

metalman

Well, who all went and did ya find anything good? I sure didn't see much, bought an air cleaner for my brothers Packard for $5. Is it just me or did about 70% of that stuff need to go to the metal scrapper next door!

22. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I went this morning - made one lap & left. Junk, but I chalked it up to being the last day...maybe not. ;) When's the big one? May 2nd in Los Lunas??

23. i went saturday all hung over did not find anything but a head ache. went to day and found this for 150.00
    [​IMG]
    i alos ran in to a family friend. i asked if he still had his 97s he sais yes i asked how much he said 100.00 for both. so i scored those too just gotta pick them up tomorrow.

24. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

thats exactly what I told my father,I think half those people turned down the wrong driveway.The guy that put it on is wayyy sketchy,cant stand the punk.

25. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

It wasn't a big deal but like any swap meet, depends what you're looking for. Picked up an old metal box that fits perfectly in the bed of my truck for much needed storage space.

Attached Files:

26. Budro35

Budro35

27. Budro35

Budro35

28. metalman

metalman

Already got my spaces, not looking for much but I hope to do some garage cleaning.