Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bit 'o progress on my 52 Chevy truck with pics..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony

Been a while since i posted anything on my truck so i thought i'd toss a few pics on.
    This weekend i just about finished the bed, finally.
    3/16ths polished aluminum diamond plate. The gas tank is stainless that we made and mounts under the rear of the bed now with a flip top filler poking through the floor. Didn't want to do it that way but didn't have much choice.
    I also built an in bed tool box/battery box in the front of the bed too. Again, made from 16ga stainless. Piano hinged at the front with a lock to keep this fairly safe. I wanted to have some extra storage without taking up space either in the cab or bed for small stuff so this was what i came up with.
    I also installed hold downs in each corner for holding stuff in place...they are actually stake pocket hold downs for late model trucks..They are flat until you need them, then just pull up the tab and tie to it..Pretty cool.
    Should work out pretty good.

Anyway, here's a few pics of it from tonight, and one from when i bought the truck for comparison.

I've done a bunch more to it since i last posted aside from this..
    I'll maybe post stuff when i have the time. Lately i havn't even been on here as much, just too damn busy.

Tony

Attached Files:

2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

3. lulabelle

lulabelle

Looks great man!I think I'm going to have to do the same "tubs"on my box sides.

4. Tony

Tony

Thanks guy's..
    Yeah, i didn't have the time or money to look for a wider rear end for it so i just did those. Kinda nice actually. They don't take up a lot of bed room, and i can get about 12" of tire under it if i wanted..

5. Tony

Tony

Page 7 in 12 hours! This place moves fast!

6. lulabelle

lulabelle

I got a disc rear out of a Blazer.(It's a little wider) I'm saving my money for a set of wheels.Tis place moves WAY too fast!

7. Tony

Tony

I actually wanted to swap to a 9", and eventually plan to still do it, but funds were short so i had the 10 bolt freshened up..
    I have 8.5" rims on it now and they look narrow. A 10" would fit perfect.

8. whid

whid

looks nice.i dig the tool box..........................dave

9. plmczy

plmczy

Wow, nice work Tony. I too like the tool storage, keeps from cluttering up the bed for long trips. later shawn

10. You could rent that out as a tanning bed at the local shows...lol

all kidding a side it looks cool the way you recessed all the stuff

11. Tony

Tony

Tanning bed ONLY for the hot chicks! NO Orcabetties (sp) allowed! :D
    Seriously, thanks guy's. I tried like hell to make it as functional as possible rather than just having another 'toy'..
    Much appreciated.

Tony