Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone photoshop wheels and lowering?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Feb 26, 2009.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm curious to know what this would look like with Radirs and dropped. Can anyone photoshop it for me? I'll send ya a prize for your troubles.

Attached Files:

2. How's this? :D-Mark AKA W.S.

[​IMG]

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

absolutely perfect and really fast! PM me your mailing address please. THANKS!

4. Here it is just a little lower...:cool:

[​IMG]

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

It's amazing what wheels and stance do for a car.
    I've GOT to learn how to photoshop. You make it seem so easy by doing it perfectly in 30 seconds.

6. Thanks and will-do....I think your idea looks great!! I love these big Virgil Exner-designed Chryslers.

7. 64Olds

64Olds

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

It's not really my idea. I'm pretty much stone cold ripping off the batmobile here! hehe...
    It's Bruce Wayne's FORMAL car.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Aw, you cheated on the second one, Mark -- you sectioned it while nobody was looking!

10. It sure does look that way, but I only used the move tool to drop the body more, I swear I didn't 'scale' it down...but you are right, it surrrre does look sectioned...Hmmm.:confused:

11. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I was wondering that too but going back to the original picture, I didn't see a real difference in the body height there. It reminds me of Tom Culbertson chopped 56 Lincoln. When you look at that car you SWEAR it's sectioned. It isn't.

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Look at the distance between the wheel wells and the side trim -- definitely less in the second picture. Did you leave the wheel wells attached to the wheels when you dropped the body?

13. Ah-Hah....I see why now-I didn't move the path when I lowered it the second time thus the path, set up for the un-lowered body, once applied to the already lowered body cut into the body, thus thinning it...I will fix it tout-suite...THANKS!!

14. This one below is the new and improved 'MORE Lowered' version without the accidental sectioning...Thanks Tony for noticing the error.

[​IMG]

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

for A.S.S. purposes... interior shot...

Attached Files:

16. Squablow

Squablow

'61 Imperial 2 door hardtop dominates the world with it's awesomeness. You got one, Scooby? This car is high on my list of shit I want.

Are the trunklids the same on the 62-63 Imperial? I know where a couple of those are and I think they have good lids on them.

17. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I do. It's a car that you either love or hate. Guessing by the fact that they only made 1007 of them, I'd say there were more haters. Although $5500 was nothing to sneeze at in 1961 either.

I don't think the trunk lids are the same though. The rust can be repaired in the lip of mine if need be but I'm hoping to get lucky and not have to do that.

18. What an awesome car. What size Radirs are you planning? Photoshopped versions look like about an 18"?

Here´s a four door I did a little while back with 15" Astros and a shaved roof.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  19. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Wow. One of the only cars that'd make a 59 chevy blush. Neat ride.

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I love Astro's too but the harder lines of the Radirs seem to match the cars design a little better for me. The size is an issue too. The car is 214 feet long. Running 18 inch wheels, even if they look exactly like Radirs is probably a sure way to not be invited to places like the PileUp, and the Rumble in Indy. Gotta figure that part out. I don't say this very often but the big wheels seem to work a little better on this car...even if you aren't trying to be street roddy.

21. I think you´re right. It does seem to need a bigger wheel. It swallows a 15" wheel whole and they still look like shirt buttons on there! What do you do? You could probably use a 16" or 17" and keep a balanced look and no-one would even notice.

The Astros were just an idea for someone else. The Radirs look very good.

Lovely car BTW. Always liked these. I feel sure its what Satan would drive.

22. Now that is funny !!! Coffee out of my nose, on my screen. Thanks man

Very cool car now I want ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Marcy

Marcy

Man, I should have bought it just for the dash and steering wheel!
    Glad it's going to a good home., looks great lowered with the Radirs.

Marcy

24. What's the BEAM...???

Will it fit through the "Panama Canal"...???

I had a 62 and regret selling it... but I like the 61's better!

25. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Ay, the beam is 37 feet and she's original from bow to stern. Indeed we brought her through the canal as the chart showed the route around the Cape to be too risky with Pirates this time of year.

26. imp610

imp610
    from Finland

Ha, thats funny... been away for few days and what do I find? An -61 Imperial tudor, aah.. I just love these cars. I have one too, only it`s a fourdoor Crown. Thumbs up here!

27. Are these cars expensive? I was looking for a practical and economical daily driver.

28. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

hehe...me too! The good news is that there is enough room in the trunk for two 55 gallon gas cans. I'm actually planning to switch to an alternative fuel. I'm going to power this car with the blood of the environmentalists and liquefied baby seals.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  29. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great car....love the radirs,,,,,,
    SELL ME THAT STEERING WHEEL!!!!!:)

30. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy