Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragway 42's "Rock and Race" Event 2009 - July 17, 18, and 19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dragway42, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dragway42

Dragway42

Northeastern Ohio is facing the biggest snowfall of the winter tonight, but it is time to let the all of the area's H.A.M.B.members know that Dragway 42 just released its 2009 schedule.

As it should be... smack-dab in the middle of the 100 event line-up at West Salem is:

4th Annual "Rock and Race" Nostalgia Weekend
    Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - July 17, 18, and 19

It is still a bit early to hit all of the event details, but anyone who has attended any (or all) of the first three "Rock and Race" events at Dragway 42 will tell you that you don't want to miss the festivities.

Thanks to all of the H.A.M.B members for their support of the 2006, 2007, and 2008 events and we hope to see you back at the track in 2009.

For more information about the track's 53rd consecutive year of drag racing action, visit www.Dragway42.com

The month by month schedule for the 2009 season is posted at www.Dragway42.com/schedule

2. rubba

rubba

Just what I wanted to hear!!! I can't wait. My crew will be there. This is a great event.

3. B/A Willys

B/A Willys

Very Cool! We heard for quite a while now that it was over, don't know what changed, but glad it did, and thanks to whoever did it! Dragway 42 is in our backyard, and I have been going there since 1968. Rock and Race is the coolest thing to happen there since the AHRA Nationals back in the day. We will be there again for the 4th annual R&R, as we have been for the first three. Look for us with the 1956 Ford Vicky two tone red and white w/ matching 1956 camper in tow. See ya there!!!

4. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Be there or be square.....

5. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

A couple of days ago I posted about this event and this will be my first time coming down for it so I was wondering is this a good event??

Jon

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  6. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Hell ya, is it a good show??? Come on down and see, best f..ken burgers at any show.. 3 das of ass kicken good times..

7. leadsled01

leadsled01

8. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I am there :D !!, just made my reservation and we are coming down with two gassers, my friends 65 Comet and my 60 Falcon, looking forward to it.

Jon

[​IMG]

9. rubba

rubba

:cool:Yep. 42 Rock and race is the funnest event. Me and my crew look forward to it each year. There are tons of bad ass rides, kick ass bands, and vendors. Not to mention you can camp and get shit faced all weekend in an atmosphere specifically designed for a motorheaded rockabilly greaser Kustom Kulture diggin sum bitch! See ya there!

10. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Plan on being there. I just hope the promoters can do as good a job as the previous folks. I'll hold out hope that they pull it off.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd like to know why LuckyDevil is not promoting this Rock & Race event. I'm under the impression this was "his" event. He did a bang up job the last few years promoting it here on the HAMB and at the different events he attended. He put alot of time and effort into it and I'd like to know why he's not continuing.

12. c57heaven

c57heaven

heard 42 wanted a bigger piece of the almighty pie.

True????

13. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

can't wait, love the burnout contest, try to get another class a motorhome to compete

14. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

the dam 42 owners want more money, again the dam goldchainers, no hot rodders, trying to kill the primer, and piss on us real hotrodders....jim did a kick ass job..... dam good burgers . moon man

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

So I take it that this is not going to be as good as last year?? I cant handle a Good Guys style event, they messed up Blue Suede at Norwalk.

Jon

16. We Always have a good time at 42.....

17. B/A Willys

B/A Willys

To those asking about Dragway 42 and the Rock and Race event, here's the deal as we have experienced it. The event has a 'old school" vibe, and is a fun event, with great cars, trucks, bikes, with a nice field of vintage drag racers. Good people attend, and we have met and made friends over the last few years. We are also Goodguys, and for anyone who has attended those events and find them "stiff" and regulated, with far too many "Boyd Foosington" type cars, and with a big lack of pure fun, then Rock and Race is the event for you. R&R is much more fun, kind of like a big party among friends with the same interests in the kulture. Staying on the grounds camping for the weekend is the best way to go, when the sun goes down, the real party begins. The Bands have been great, the concession food is really good, and the track is legend. Jim did a great job of pulling this event together for the first three years, I just hope Toby and whoever else might be involved now, keep the good times rolling for R&R #4!

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Sounds like a lot of speculation why LuckDevil isn't doing it. No facts.

I'm looking forward to the race. Hopefully I'll actually be able to race this year!

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I'm hearing the track owners want more of a Blue Seude Cruise type event, and less primer, loud rockabilly bands and loose women.

Not sure what to think yet.

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We went (and played) the last 2 years and it was a blast!

Found this in another thread from January...

21. Dragway42

Dragway42

Special Offer For Vendors and Swap Meet Participants!

Get A Free 15'x30' Vendor or Swap Meet Space
    With Advanced Purchase Of 2 Regularly Priced Weekend Passes

Yes, you are reading this correctly.

From now through April 30th, Dragway 42 is offering a special promotion where individuals and businesses who wish to be part of the vendor or swap meet at the track's 4th Annual "Rock and Race" weekend will receive their 15'x30' space FREE OF CHARGE with the advanced purchase of two weekend passes at their regular price of $35 each.

For anyone needing more room, additional adjoining 15'x30' vendor or swap meet spaces are available for $50 each.

The mail-in form to take advantage of this promotion may be downloaded or printed out by clicking http://www.dragway42.com/images/09Rock-n-RaceSwapPromotion.gif

Don't forget, the deadline for this free vendor or swap meet space promotion at this year's "Rock and Race Nostalgia Weekend" is April 30, 2009.

22. So, how much is it to race this year? And is there pre-registration? How much of the show will stay the same, how much will change?

23. Dragway42

Dragway42

Full information on the race portion of the event will be coming very soon.

As has been the case in the 3 previous years (and all Dragway 42 events for that matter) there isn't any sort of pre-registration requirements for race participants.

Look for a very similar show to what has made the "Rock and Race" program successful in the past.

Live music, vintage drag racing action, nostalgia dragster exhibitions, fun runs, cruise-in, car show, vendors and swap meet, burnout contest, etc.

24. Dragway42

Dragway42

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

There's your answer Don... the Tshirt has a pro-street '57 chevy and American Graffiti type. :D

26. rubba

rubba

As long as there is some good Rockabilly bands, Kool Kats and killer rides (No Trailer queens) out there this year, it will be a blast. That shirt logo/shirt does make the stomach turn. Keep it old school 42......at least for Rock and Race. That is what your customers for this weekend expect!!!!

27. I am climbing on that fence....

28. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

I have been waiting for this weekend all year. if the t-shirt looks like that i wonder what the bands will be like. this is how things get ruined. but lets wait and see i guess

29. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

If You Show up......problem solved ! ! ! Hope they leave it be.....had FUN last two trips ! !

30. devilleish

devilleish

Been there for 2007 and 2008. Got to caravan in for 2008 with my '55 pickup, girlfriend's '62 Star Chief (which will no longer attend, may she rest in peace), and brother's '64 DeVille. We'll be back this year, and will continue to attend as long as the vibe of the past years continues.