Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vulcaizing whitewalls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skwurl, Feb 17, 2009.

1. skwurl

skwurl

There is a process that was used in the 50s through the 70s for apl=ying whitewalls to any tire. There is a guy in Ca. doing it. I would like to know know more about it.

2. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

There is a place in Conway, S.C. that will do it. Diamond Back Tires.

3. Diamondback doesn't do it anymore...

4. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

im not sure the guy in california does it anymore either. i think theres a thread about him on here somwhere..

5. skwurl

skwurl

He still advertises that he does it.

6. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

what?

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

There is a guy in Visalia,Ca. who does it. He did my tires about 6 months ago.
    Now im not posting this to bash the guy in any way, he is a nice guy and i heard his vulcanized WWW are amazing, but i gotta say mine suck! I have basically only been using them as rollers since my car doesn't run yet and the WW are already DARK YELLOW and they wont clean up either . I remember him saying that he was using a new kind of rubber that he hadn't used before so maybe it was a bad batch or a poor product. Who knows? I spent 180$ and i think it was a waste of money. Im actually buying some bias ply WWW soon.
    Here's a link to his Myspace page. Check it out!

Ian

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=165331774

8. skwurl

skwurl

He had is operation for sale at one time. I tried to contact him but never got a response. I guess i'll go with Coker. Its a sure thing and I'm only a few hours away.

9. leadsled01

leadsled01

Guy used to be on here.. I think "whitey" was his business/hamb name. But he got some bad PR from some people.

10. Artie B

Artie B

Jeff Spring did mine..Hes based out of ohio...but is mobile...travels to shows thru out the usa. He can do any widths, double lines, different colors. Mine have been done for about 2 years now and are still white...

Custom Tire Tattoos
    www.customtirefx.com
    [email protected]
    (216)773-2499

11. Friend of mine bought a set from DB a couple weeks ago. They were in business then.

Charlie

12. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

That's news to me.

13. JDL

JDL

I recomend Diamondback, they do not yellow, don't use whitewall tire cleaner. use castrol super clean or simple green only. I've had mine for three years and they look like new. and, yes they are still in business.
    jdl..

http://www.widewhitewalltires.com/

14. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

The white wall candy store does this. They are in Orange, CA.

15. Read the question that was asked, THEN read the answer! Diamondback does not put white walls on YOUR tires anymore. Of COURSE they still sell tires. If you don't believe it, call and ask them...like I did when I read the question...

16. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i would think diamondback still does it, thats what they do.