Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why isn,t your car finished/ started ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardgenius, Oct 27, 2006.

1. kustombypook

kustombypook

$$$. Never enough. After puting food on the table and paying bills, there isn't any left for the car. Hopefully the IRS rebate check will help the car along.

2. 29paul

29paul

55 hour work week, money,little league and blah,blah,blah.

3. wife, house and kid on the way.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Do they really have to be finished to be enjoyed? I've been having a great time with mine since 1961.

5. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Don't even have a flat driveway to work on it in now. I will fix that once we buy a house this year.

6. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

new baby and a tiny garage, also my landlord lives 2 houses down so whenever I fire up a grinder or any noise out of the garage either he or his wife comes walking by to see what I'm doing, (they yell at me for working on the car cause the think I'm going to catch the house on fire. Lame asses!) gotta get a place with a 2 car garage! We're working on it though.

7. Lack of time... Lack of money.. Lack of talent.. The list goes on.. And on... And on.................

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just out of the upholstery shop. ARE they ever finished? Still need a set of real original 32 inside door and window handles. Got HANDLES?

9. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

College is stopping me from finishing my car.

10. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I just realized not much has changed since I wrote this. I have moved 4 times since, had 3 jobs, and still nothing has changed. I don't want to be the guy that blames not getting his car done on all the issues I'm having in life, so I won't. Time to get on it.

11. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

waiting for parts!

12. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

last two months it was too hot so i went to the beach every weekend, last week has been wet and cold.
    still I have been doing little bits here and there but lately my shits been completely disorganised and when ever i do work on it i spend 4 hours looking for the part and 5 minutes fitting it, otherwise i go to fit something that should take 5 minutes but then spend 2 days modifying the part to fit since so much has changed on the car.
    i wish i had the same motorvation as i had at the start when i would get into it friday night, get up at 5:30 saturday morning work on the car all day and go to bed at 3:30 am sunday morning to wake up again at 7am, just early enough to have breakfast and start grinding and welding.

13. put mine on hold for while to focus on saving money for my girlfriends visa/moving/living expenses if she decides to move to australia

14. I had no garage and a dirt driveway for the past two winters. Just bought a house with a garage, but now I'm too broke and it's too cold. Oh sweet irony.

15. To Tall

To Tall

GET OFF MY ASS MAN . big f#*?n deal i been mocked up for 2 years

did my wife tell you to start this thread?

Attached Files:

16. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

17. Just lazy I guess :eek:

18. sololobo

sololobo

My excuses: Winter!!, so broke I can't even pay attention!!, lazy!!, other cars in the club workshop still being finished, isn't that enough!! Pathetic!!~Sololobo~

19. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

the oustside starter hole bolt is busted so you can't get a starter to work right. I have put it on hold til summer. I am going to buy an running junker chevy pickup and pull the motor and tranny for the 51

20. Wow, this is from 3 years ago and I have yet to drive it on the street. :eek::mad:

This weekend's excuse du jour...

I've been getting soft on enforcing the "I help you work on your computer/car/house for an hour, you come and help me in the barn for an hour" rule...

Until recently this rule has kept me from having to work on peoples' computers/cars/house for about 2 years...

Strict enforcement begins today!!!

I have to wire up the taillights and a fe little things and I should be driving it by the end of the week.

21. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

zombie thread returns from the dead , , lmao

22. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

three in progress..............

23. Rizhto

Rizhto

Building a house, making babies, earning money, organizing club meetings... Projects get pushed into the future.

24. hotdamn

hotdamn

I used to always say money, then I sold a car and had money...

uh, then it was time.

but then I got laid off...

fuck if I know?

gotta get back on it soon though.
    I have way too much money in that thing
    to watch it collect dust.

25. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I'm sorry! I will try harder:p

26. cactus zach

cactus zach

mine isnt done mainly cuz I NEED A F*CKING WELDER

any for sale cheap?

27. GlenC

GlenC

28. hscott

hscott

29. I haven/t been able to work on the modified, as I moved with my job, retired, and spent the last year building a garage and house. Built the garage first! Now I am broke,, but have some time, still trying to finish up trim work and landscaping, but I manage to sneak out to the shop 2 to 3 times a week. I want to have it done by this summer.

30. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Change of plans again.