Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Speed Shop/Hot Rod Shops in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudfish, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mudfish

Mudfish

Hey everyone, I'm from Bismarck,North Dakota, and I've been at the Children's Hospital in Minneapolis since last Saturday. I may have a chance to get out for a few hours Saturday the 14th while they do some tests.
    I was just wondering if there are any really cool speed or hot rod shops worth checking out in town, and meeting some new cool cats?

2. Art Minion is a cool hotrod/kustom culture art gallery in NE. Got to see it for the first time last weekend, lots of magazines as well.

3. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

4. Weird A

Weird A

Little Dearborn on University just east of the U of M. Their more for restos and have some intresting stuff, And MAS Further east on University near ST Paul.

Bill

5. theladylux

theladylux

If you go to Art Minion, stop by Psycho Suzie's for some food/drinks right up the street. Corner of Lowry/Marshall.

6. Except they aren't opened on Saturday.

7. Too bad it's not Summer you could hang out at the Minnetonka Drive in on Hot Rod Thursday or do the Anoka River Run.
    Look on the Minnesota Street Rod Associations web site. There's listings for stuff going on around town under events. There is a big Motorcycle show at the Minneapolis Convention center this weekend.
    I second Psyhco Suzi's Cool place.

8. Weird A

Weird A

Well' that sux. When you supposed to buy parts?

Bill

9. It ain't easy. They're only opened til 5:00 during the week. :confused:

10. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

We ate at Psycho Suzies last Saturday
    excellent food
    Top five of any pizza i've ever had...

11. There's a shop called MAS on University in St Paul. Also Ed's twin cities Rod and Custom in New Port(close to St Paul). He's Open from 10 til 2:00 on Saturday.

12. Cosetta's Pizza on 7th street in St Paul is really great. It's close to the Xcel center downtown.

13. Mudfish

Mudfish

Thanks for the suggestion for Art Minion, what cool place!!!

14. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Yesterdays Auto Sales has some classics indoors. Not too far from Childrens. I spent way too much time at Childrens about 10 years ago.

Doug

15. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

16. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Yesterdays closed up shop this fall, I live just a few blocks from there. He decided the building is worth too much to use it for storing cars, so it's up for lease. I think a yoga studio is on the second floor now.