Register now to get rid of these ads!

new problem makes new memeber

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by howdigetsogood, Feb 15, 2009.

1. howdigetsogood

howdigetsogood
    from florida

my 1964 c10 has working brake lights , turn signal. and flashers. but when i turn on my head lights. my taillights wont light up. any ideas??? my liscense plate light also has went out. not sure, but at the same time i would think.

2. rocketman1934

rocketman1934
    from utah

Does the dome light work? If not you might want to check the fuse. On the 69 the tail lights are on the same fuse. The tail lights and the plate light are on the same circuit. You might also have a bad headlight switch. This assuming you have checked bulbs and grounds.

3. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Welcome onboard. Sorry you've got some electrical "gremlins". Good advice. If those two are OK follow the power until you find the problem/ break or short.

Mike

www.Customikes.com

4. howdigetsogood

howdigetsogood
    from florida

well i followed the wires to the cab with no problems. went through the cab fine. ended at the old school pull knob and wring harness. some major corrosion was the problem. cleaned it and drove around in the dark......thanks so much!!!! now where do i do i begin with rust repair?!?!