Register now to get rid of these ads!

Florida!! You asked for it now show up.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Busted Knuckles, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Zephyrhills is next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swapmeet, car show, auction, and some realy cool vintage racing February 19-22

This has been going on for a few years now! All the talk about nothing cool ever happining in Florida well I call BS. Ive been told this is more like Carlisle than the other stuff we get down here. Im going to be set up and selling what ever I can dig up in the next week, plus whats already in my stash. Swapmeet, car show, auction, and some realy cool vintage racing February 19-22 Gas is cheap again so get in you car and drive.

http://www.zephyrhillsauction.com/index.php

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. sota

sota

I'm driving down from Ohio for a break in the weather and planing on be there on Friday. Any good hotels nesr by?

3. dirybyrd

dirybyrd

first ones free so here it goes...........................BUMP

4. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

5. dv8

dv8

Ugh! I'm trying to ween myself since I find WAAAAY more stuff at Webster than at Z-hills or Daytona....But I guess I might go....

3-day Webster is this weekend I think.....

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Does anybody go to Avon Park?

7. chevyshack

chevyshack

Theres a hotel in Plant city. I think it was a redroof but i cant remember for sure. Its been a few months since i was down that way.

8. swap meets are for homos!!

9. onedge

onedge

i oughta load up & go... need some different scenery! winters getting to me. i'm gettin the map out.

10. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

don't they have the vintage racing there too.

11. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Yeah, they do. It's pretty awesome to see all those 38-39-40 Fords running around the track with flatheads just wailing. Way cool fun. Sometimes that's the best part of the show. Mike

12. dv8

dv8

I noticed that too! ;)

13. dv8

dv8

The bombing range?

14. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Can get a motel at exit # 279 (I-75 & Rt. 54) 12 miles from Z-Hills on Rt. 54! Has Sleep-Inn, Best Western, Holiday-Inn. Also Cracker Barrel,Outback, Applebees and a GREAT local "Peanuts-on-the-floor & Steaks" called Remingtons. For $5 Bucks you get more Breaded Mushrooms than you can eat. Z-Hills sucked up until about 2 years ago but has a new owner. Now it ROCKS in FEB (not so much in Nov). People no longer throw you out for being 1" over your line or leaving a car parked for 5 min. The one woman at check in is still about 2-3 short as it takes FOREVER to register! LOTS of "Snowbirds" with money (except Canadians won't spend it without complaining)! Know the difference between a Canadian and a Canoe? Ans: A Canoe TIPS.

15. James427

James427
    BANNED

16. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

I hope your gonna set up behind me again , oh how I love me some Skip behind me!

17. iveroguy

iveroguy

Talked me into it. Webster this weekend, and Z-Hills next. YEEHAW!

18. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Not the bombing range, he is probably talking about the Flywheelers show.
    I'm going to try and make the Flywheelers this month.
    Mostly tractors and farm implements, but there are some car parts, you just have to look for them.

19. No Z-hills for me, got my little girl's birthday party and some family in town. Plus I've done the swap thing for the past 2 weekends, so I'm just gonna sit on my big fat marshmellow ass this weekend:D

As far as the 3 day Webster Extravaganza, this year I'm gonna pass on it. I have found that I really don't sell anymore than I would during the typical Webster Sunday swap, exept that it's strung out over 3 days, and the entry $ is tripled, and I've gotta drive back and fourth for 3 days. Even as a buyer, the 3 day deal attracts alot of vendors selling new parts, tools, t-shirts, sham-wows, etc, which in turn displaces many of the nitty-gritty sellers with the dirty old goodies that we are all looking for. I'm not looking to beat up Sumter's event or discourage anyone from attending, just saying that I'll pass.

I will be at the regular monthly Webster on March 1st though.

I was also thinking about setting up at Reniggers in Mount Dora on March 8th. I always forget about Reniggers, but its not a bad little swap. I was gonna see if anyone from our vicious little circle would like to come along. Last year, a few of us from "the old board" went and we had a good day.

20. dv8

dv8

You're right Skip...There are no deals at the 3-day Webster, as the vendors will just move on to the next swap, and they won't have anything new either, as they have been carrying it all over the country.

I think I'll skip it to.

21. dv8

dv8

Yeah Robert....I've got some good car stuff at the Flywheelers show before.

I always considered it Ft. Meade though!

22. Ice man

Ice man

Man I wish I was going. To far for me. The guys in Sarasota yousta tell me I was the only guy in the club that came up to Florida. Stuck down here in Paradise. Iceman

23. Deuce76063

Deuce76063

I'll be there. My first Florida swap meet! Won't have anything to sell this time, but might be buying sumpin!

Bob

24. There's a bunch of hotels at I-75 & SR 54, the road that goes to Zepherhills from I-75. Some in Plant City at I-4. SR 39 goes to Zepherhills. Along with the Red Roof is a Holiday Inn Express and further north around Fletcher and Fowler Avenues in Tampa is more. Hell, there's hotels everywhere around there.

25. That big one is in Webster this weekend. Just threw the flyers away today.

26. slepe67

slepe67

haha, kinda funny, but I'm going to the range in March.

27. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

28. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Z-hills is nothing like Carlisle. It's A LOT smaller. It's twice a year and this is the better of the two. Every time it comes around I say I'm not going to; then I end up going. I'm close so it's something to do. On the upside, there have been better deals the last couple of times. If your planning a trip to florida, don't bother, wait for billetproof. I'll probably see some of you regulars out there.

29. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Thanks to all who came out this past weekend , especially those who bought from me!! I will hopefully be at the Flywheelers show this weekend and at Webster on Sunday

30. dv8

dv8

I didn't make it....but will try to make the Flywheelers show, and the regular Webster.

I heard a guy took a nasty roll in a dirt track race.