Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 dodge pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenian65, Feb 8, 2009.

1. fenian65

fenian65

here's the pics of the dodge no interior but everything else looks good the guy is an old hot rodder in his 60s who didnt wanna fool with so i got lucky gonna pick it up on fri. let me know what you guys think

2. that's a '51 or '52, not a '50

neat car!!

3. Squablow

Squablow

Yup, def. not a '50. If he has a title make sure the numbers match.

Looks pretty nice for $800, I think you did well. 4 door seats should be easy enough to find. And I see a clutch pedal, so I'm assuming no Gyromatic (a huge plus). Looks like it's got all of it's glass and the trim is all there. Not bad.

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

OOPS!:eek: I had this cars twin back in the day,Gyromatics DO have a clutch pedal.That how you start off,put clutch in for first,clutch not used for 2nd and 3rd.But I got a better deal! I sold my new car in '70 when I was getting divorced and bought the Dodge from a buddy in Mansfield,Ill for 2 six packs of Grain Belt beer which we both polished off.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009

5. fenian65

fenian65

ok so were right it is a 52 and he let me have it for 700.00 will post more pics as it gets done thanx i am gonna keep the flathead but gotta find out what 4 or 5 speed will bolt up with minimal work as i will be doin this in my driveway any ideas?

6. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I don't know of any later transmissions that bolt-up. Paul Curtis makes a T5 adapter for the flathead 6: http://www.1935plymouth.com/
    You could also swap out the rear end and use an earlier top-shift 3spd or try to find an overdrive tranny. They come up on ebay every once in awhile. Also check out www.p15-d24.com. Those guys know everything about your car! :)

7. Looks damn good, and you can't beat the price, that is a damn good deal!