Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers car show PICTURES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevins89notch5.0, Feb 9, 2009.

1. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics, thanks for sharing!

2. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool rides and cool pics thanks for sharing them.

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Kind of reminds me of Independence MO!! Right Kevin Lee!!!

4. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Thanks for the great pics

5. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

thanks for the pics any more of that black shoebox with the caddy grille?

6. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

7. helmsville

helmsville

speaking of weird stuff, i like the VW bus with safari windows. but dont take this wrong i noticed some of the car's had so much stuff on it to get noticed, clean period correct part's with great vintage body line's speak for it's self. just a opinion, you know there like ass _ _le's every body's got one.

8. PoPo

PoPo

i was thinking if that guy owned that 32 5 W for 50 years why did he mess it up so bad. suicide axle, molded fenders and well marine carpet inside with and LCD screen WTF?

Lots of rat rods, some nice traditional stuff also. Im not going to say their weird like above, but some stuff I wouldnt drive or be seen in, for safety reasons for sure.

9. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Yup! my dropped 51 F1 with 53 Caddy caps is way weird. What was I ever thinking. Oh I know what I was thinking, I drove 300 miles r/t to hang out with great friends . And yes I did it on bias ply tires.

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

If you think our cars our weird you should see our food. We'll be more picky next year, our selection committee is on it.

11. helmsville

helmsville

please dont be mad at my opinion, feel sorry for me, i live in wash state ,my brain is frozen. there is a def. differance between west coast and east coast flavor, you guys are so lucky to already having fun, at show's. thank's Chris

12. Thanks for pointing out how bad we suck down here. I think I will go and paint my wheels red now, if that will make it any cooler...

13. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Nads, are we talking about being more selective on the food next year??? If we are, I need to see a menu before I decide to come over. I saw nothing wrong with the food this year.:D
    And come to think of it, I saw nothing wrong with any of the cars that were there. After all they were cars that someone built to suit themselves, I hope.

14. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Well it says it was built in '59 and ran B/atered and was street legal. That explains the axle relocation, which was common for an altered as was the set-back engine. The flared and bobbed fenders would have been required in NJ then for street legal part (technically still need fenders here, but it's only enforced to bust balls). So that explains those. Now, The carpet? Late 50's early 60's? I say no doubt influenced by various "show rods" around at the time (Ed Roth).
    LCD looks like a Tomtom or Garmin GPS Navigation unit. Fairly common thing to have in the car to get you to a show nowadays.

And if anyone knows the guy who owns it I am looking to get in touch him. He is originally from NJ. That club plaque town is 1 mile from my town. I'd like to see who he is and what he can tell me about this area in 1959 that I don't know about.

15. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man great pics we really hated we missed it this year..........one of our favorite shows when we lived in Florida. The weather looked nice

16. Movinman

Movinman

I got ya beat! I drove my weird ass 53 Ford 400 miles round trip to hang with my friends!

17. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

i wonder what this guy thinks a hot rod is supposed to look like?
    does this mean that we have to find out what he likes, and then we all have to redo our cars so we won't be wierd?
    man this is going to be a lot of work!
    or maybe it would be easier to just move up there so we won't be weird.
    dan

18. CadillacSkippy

CadillacSkippy
    from Tucson

Sweet Split window Bus. Looks like a good time.

19. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Um, yeah - when he said "weird" I don't think that he was talking about the beautiful black '32 with the Hemi.

- Joe

20. thanx for the pics of me and my brothers hemi powered dragster hope to see more

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Florida never disappoints. :)

22. solid

solid

some cool stuff. thanks for posting.

23. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

:)
    ol kid i was stating that those guys would'nt know a hot rod from a rat rod ...lol:rolleyes:...your ride is bitchin brother...i dig the mill...what happen to it..i notice that the left bank had a little fresh work to it...dave

24. aceuh

aceuh

Here's a rear shot of that shoebox. I saw it at the Turkey Run this past year. Belongs to a stand up guy that we enjoyed shootin the breeze with that weekend. The mid 50s ford pickup with skirts and flames in the pics belongs to his dad.

[​IMG]

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

you guys with nice cars know who you are, the 'weird' tag is for the ratrod shitbox fucktards that insist on dragging their awful crap out in public, instead of pushing it off a cliff somewhere.

unfortunately, there aren't any cliffs in florida, so they never meet the fate they deserve...

26. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

nnaaaa no cliffs...just a few sinkholes...:rolleyes:

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

rat rods make excellent filler material!

28. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

I think ill just make a point to make notice of every shitbox that comes from anywhere west of TX from here on out!!!!

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

This car is the shiz:

[​IMG]

30. PoPo

PoPo

Thank god I'm not west of TX, Im north of it.

I'm sure the "weird" was deemed for the rat rods, not your pickup. And I understand the duece now. I got tired or reading about it so I just looked at the pics. Glad he still likes it, cause its his.