Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage UFO's in Roswell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36tbird, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Geeeeeze. Really scrapin' the bottom of the thread barrel with this one.

2. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Let's just say my yearly trips to New Mexico are a serious pain in the ass!

3. 36tbird

36tbird

Damn, what a bunch of comedians we have on here! I had no idea I would start this kind of hilarity storm.

Roadkill, I appreciate the invite. April's dance card is pretty full. The San Antonio Early Ford V-8 Club Chapter, of which I'm a member, will be hosting the Texas meeting in Fredericksburg the first weekend then I will be going to the Lonestar. End of the month is New Braunfel's swap meet. So, I don't think I'll add anymore to that month.

Candelaria, when does something happen in Las Cruces this spring? I guess that is about the closest thing I'm going to find near Roswell. The fall run in Ruidoso sounds neat.

4. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Hukt on foniks wirkt 4 me!

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Damn. If this is what's in most vans in Roswell, I'm moving!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. hunter_lake

hunter_lake

Hy candelaria, I'd be interested in learning about NM the events you were talking about as well. My wife is from New Mexico and we make it down there a couple of times a year. We usually spend time in Mountainair, but have friends and relatives in ABQ, Los Lunas, Ruidoso, Alamogordo and Las Cruces that we visit. Going down this summer to pick up a 50 Nash I found when I was there Thanksgiving

7. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I hear thy closed area 51 is that true. Good place for a drag strip no one to bitch abought the noise. Just the little green people. And no one will lisen to them.

8. PRoz

PRoz

Hey now. What's with all this Roswell talk.

9. metalman

metalman

Don't know where Candelaria went but there is a parking lot show I think the last weekend of March. I went last year, show was alright but nothing steller, lots of good folks thou. They are adding a swap meet to it this year, that will make it better. I'm seeing a buddy from there this afternoon thats part of the group putting the show on, I'll get the exact date for ya.

10. RichG

RichG

Area 51 is in Nevada partner. Roswell is in New Mexico. Thus ends todays geography lesson:D.

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Gort, Verado Klaatu Nikto!:D:D

12. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Thank you for the geography lesson now as i sayed did thy close area 51 don't think i asked about roswell.

13. RichG

RichG

you're right, my bad:D. I guess that "probe" did more damage than I thought...

14. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

tell you what we will blame it on your pal crossmembers for his post of the ufo over area 51 and Roswell.

15. 36tbird

36tbird

Ok, I started a thread about UFO's and Roswell and driving an ol' car there. Now, I get some Nazi talk that I can't understand. How weird will this thread get? But, heh, if there is a spread of education, e.g., geography, that goes along with all of this, can it be all bad? Afterall, it is a "world wide web", www. yuze guys crack me up?

16. bonesy

bonesy

My wife and I did a little run down there just for the fun of it one weekend. The place was crawling with new VWs - some big show. There was a "Car Crazy" film crew getting it all.

The combination of Roswell, new VWs fanatics and Barry Meguiar freaked me out. We left.

17. dbradley

dbradley

Now that's funny right there.............................

18. Barry Meguiar is an alien robot! now i gotta haul buns before the men in black show up..

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

20. bungle

bungle
    from el paso tx

roswell is a trip. just picture a small town that started to grow like crazy due to the military, and then all of a sudden everyone lost their job and left everything behind. the main strip would be cool for a rod show that is, if a bunch of plastic aliens and ufo t-shirts don't scare you away.
    also, as someone else mentioned, alamagordo(about 3hrs away) is full of old car salvage lots. it's very dry there, and some of you guys would go crazy seeing all the cars with perfect trim and bumpers. i even saw some good looking spoke wheels. anyway, alamagordo to ruidoso(nice town in the mountains), to roswell to carlsbad, would make a cool cruise.

21. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

This is my "other" license! pigpen

[​IMG]

22. RichG

RichG

I had a nightmare just like this once!!

23. Your friendly Roswell Walmart :)

Attached Files:

24. Davess111

Davess111

Laughing my butt off over this thread! Richly deserved & sorely needed. I ,also ,have
    wondered where the "Area 51" comes from , for this place. Seems there is already
    enough "hokey stuff" to try & cash in on here.

Surely there are some fellow HAMBers from Roswell--Besides me. Maybe they don't
    want to "come out of the hangar". :)

"Lazor5000"--You should try LIVING here--and I live about 20 miles out of town.

Never hurts to laugh at ourselves

25. Roswell junk yard cruse, the idea has merit.

26. 36tbird

36tbird

If some run develops out of my original question I better get some kick back from the Roswell Chamber of Commerce.:D

27. shoot me a pm with your email and i will send them to you

28. John Bergener

John Bergener

A Roswell salvage yard cruise might be well worth your while, as there are a few good yards left with plenty of interesting iron still in them!