Register now to get rid of these ads!

The worst thing you broke while showing off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Sep 14, 2007.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

a cherry! ill be out in sept....stop by and say hey! :)

2. oldsman71

oldsman71

Man where do I start,got mad at moms old chevy 3/4 ton pu when i was 15 running the trash route for the trail park,so i tried my damndest to blow the slipping clutch. Id turn it around 5000 or so and dump the clutch(while running about 40 mph) after many trys i got my wish it blew!! but I had NO idea what could happened when a clutch came apart,.Destroyed:presser plate ,clutch,flywheel,crank flange,truck floor board,bell housing,trans,moms NEW road master radio,windsheild, and pass. inside door panel !!!!! Ya i still have feet ,but there was sevral cuts and bruses on my feet and legs and they felt like they had been hit on the bottoms with a bat er bomb. gets worse! The trash wasnt empty so during the time I healed dad changed the old smallblock, but i got to crawl under the truck full of rotting trash to stab the new trans.and any time there was an under truck job, it was mine! I lost the 350 fer a junk 307 and got to unload a 3 week old load of trash in august! Even with all the trouble I thing my dad kinda enjoyed all my suffering. cobey j. clarkson

3. Not sure if I broke it ...or it broke me? Blowing by piles of putters on the 101 to Santa Maria.... Stopped for gas....at a lane 3 lane exit in Santa Barbara. I stopped and so did my generator. 3 lanes of pissed off people having to merge around Big Green Turd. For the record...2 girls pushing a 18 foot long Merc over 3 lanes..didnt impress anyone. I am not sure if the generator broke my ego....or bank account?

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

13 yrs old. riding my bike around the school parking lot while all the cheerleaders were practicing I was doing on flatland stuff and freestylin around On my way to build up speed to do a peg grind on a handrail, I simply bunnyhopped over a parking curb, back tire hit the curb, my handlebars slid forward, and so did I. Busted my chin open, bleeding everywhere and had to get a ton of stitches. I was embarrased like hell because I could bunnyhop over a trashcan no problem, but the 6" curb got the best of me.

17 yrs old, I had an 11 second Mustang. I just put a fresh trans in it and was going out for a test run. I noticed the trans was slipping, so I got pissed, and was going to head back home. A few friends were outside the movie theatre, so I figured I'd give em a show and bust a 180. I smacked the curb with the rear tire and broke my wheel. Limped it home with my tail between my legs.

Was driving my friend's boosted Miata while he was drunk. Headed home I stumbled on a pack of muscle cars on the freeway. They were geared for drag and this little Miata would build boost and fly, so I messed with them a little. One '67 Camaro came around and wanted to play, so we went from about 40mph. I was out front a good 2 lengths, pulling up to about 120mph, I noticed the air/fuel gauge leaning out, fuel pressure gauge was falling, boost was climbing, by the time I reacted, a loud "POP" sounded like a shotgun. I exited the freeway and the car still ran, but very sluggishly. Felt as if a boost tube came off the intercooler or popped an intake plug. When we got home we tore it down and I blew a hole through the #1 piston, and the ring-land was no more. Needless to say, I had to build another motor and get it in the car for my buddy.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, Oldsman71 kinda stole my thunder lol..
    When I was living in, Texas I had a 57 Chev panel with a stout 327 in it, I got in a stoplight to stoplight race with a guy in a Mercedes at lunch time one day and when I went for second I blew the clutch, cut off the input shaft tore up the bell housing and had to be towed back to the shop where I worked.
    The worse part was I needed the truck to drive home so I had to pay for my own time to work on it so I could charge the parts at work. I did get the employee discount though.

6. Hmm...

10: Riding my bike right along the lip of a big hole they had dug to extend what was probably a sewer pipe. Fell in, other kids got my mom, almost drove my nuts into my body because I landed on the bottom of the hole will still seated on my bike.

12: Not a good idea to ride a skateboard on your stomach down a very steep hill into oncoming traffic. Casualties were three chipped teeth and a skateboard.

18: My '68 Lemans was not able to make a u turn at 40mph.

20: Those H pattern shifters that GTO's are cool until you get a little carried away and shift into reverse at 45 mph.

26: My 70 Chevelle SS did not like it when I matted the gas pedal with some M&H sticky tires on it... almost took out a bystander's feet with my driveshaft by Strats on Mannheim.

7. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

showing off leaving a gas station got sideways and put my 28 up in a bush, was high centered in a center median, nothing broke just a few scratches and felt like a jerkoff.

8. FunSeeker

FunSeeker
    BANNED
    from canada

showing off. broke cops windshield
    car load of buddies with beer,cops behind us with their party hats flashin. i say to friend,got git rid off the beer,must throw it out the window.being late at nite wouldn't figure they{cops} would see the case leave the car. bud says to me "bet u can't land it on their hood". guess what happened lol

9. My motor. First car, 1997 in a 56 Pontiac with a '57 347. Revving the motor over and over and over (listening to the straight pipes) as Im leaving the Labor Day Cruise in Costa Mesa. Last rev, hear a boom under the hood and smoke starts coming from the left tailpipe. I pull over to see what the hell I did and some drunken guy walks right into my car, breaking off my 59 Caddy taillight. What a fun day

10. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

The front porch of a strangers house.......I didn't do it. It was my brother. He was 16 and it was the day he got his drivers license. He had a cherry 66 396 Chevelle with a 4 speed. My Dad and him restored it four 2 years for when he got his license. He was driving me to soccer practice and saw one of his buddies. The jumped all of the gas pedals and were racing through the nieghborhood when my brother gave it a little two much in a long right hander. Anyways he lost control of the car, put it on the lawn, hit an oak tree(sibling-bent it over under the car) and ended up taking out a complete white spindle front porch!!!!! opps. All this within hours of getting his drivers license. Anyways, I got on my bike which was in the trunk to head to soccer practice. The car suffered a destroyed driver fender from the tree. The porch handled the rest of the driver fender, hood, bumper, grille ect. The funny thing is that after the cops showed up he drove the car home put it in the garage and told my dad someone hit him in a parking lot. Funny thing is he was a minor so the cops had already phoned my Dad to tell him all about it. My Dad was less than pleased. It took about four months to get the car back on the road. I think my Dad enjoyed the extra time with my brother even though he messed up so bad and wrecked his Chevelle. My brother had to build the guy a new porch and replant a new oak tree............I on the other hand have never wrecked/broke a car showing off. I did break my arm showing off to a girl in the 7th grade. I hitched a ride on a car with my skateboard. Around 40mph the trucks got to wobbly and I went down hard. Hope yuo enjoyed my stories. thesneakytiki

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i once bent (hog backed) a '79 volvo wagon. missed the fire hydrant, ripped the front suspension off along with 3 wheels and broke the rear end in two. left it in a ladies flower bed. She was so excited, as she had just grounded her son...now he had something to do.

12. In the early 70's at 17yo.
    I stepped up to NEW slicks & tubes for the drag strip.

Spun the tires on the rims and got 2 flats.
    Somehow, missed the part about screwing the tires to the wheels.

13. Built a 76 Olds Cutlass for circle track at Santa Fe Speedway.Put a strong 350 Chevy in it.Pulled it out of the driveway,did a hole shot and twisted the driveshaft like a pretzel.:D

14. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Not mine..but I got to see it up close and personal.
    A guy I worked with at a gas station used to take customers cars and do smoke outs on the smooth concrete by the pumps.
    There was an auto 442 convertible in for a tune..
    He'd get it in reverse then hammer it into drive and smoke those redlines..

Remember those hoses that would "ding" when you'd drive over them..

Well..we had good ones.
    When he smoked that 442..the hoses wrapped around the rear axle..
    locked the right rear..he slid sideways into a Hemi Roadrunner..about a week old.

The station owner wasn't pleased to see his Hemi..totaled by a moron in a customers 442...
    Moron almost died in accident..and if he wasn't 25 years younger would have died in Nick's greasy hands.
    His car didn't make out so well..as it was still parked at the station..and Nick took liberal use of a pry bar to the entire car..

I don't think he ever came in for his last check..

15. Skunk Works

Skunk Works

Funny as hell!!! Hopefully this didn't result in an accident...

16. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

Wrist, chiped shoulder cups, hyperextended elbows ankle, back, snapped arm in half 2 ten inch plates 28 screws, 70 some stitches, front header pipe, rear subframe, brand new plastics, clutch handle, yada yada, wheelieing at 110 last i looked...looked up and there was a telephone pole...oops. Also took the pole out with me.

17. 64krusty

64krusty

Blew the belt off my old FXR doing a burnout,while at a bike event out of town,upon closer inspection I noticed the pulley was crooked,then I noticed when the pulley broke it broke the centering ring off the wheel,end result was 2 new pulleys,a new belt and a used wheel.
    Oh ya,and sat for 4 hours to wait for a truck to get me home,and my buddy that picked me up had a Jap bike at the time,so that was a fun ride home...ha ha ha

18. lmfao

19. DAD ME and breeder will not act up any more. mom said you can cum home again. or meat her in Joplin in August 2009!!!!!!!

Breeder say's he stil loves you even though you thought was a retard. look at his avitar pic!!!!!!!!!

20. Got a little twisted up. Seven thousand rev clutch dumpin in my 52 Chev sedan. Super t-10 4 speed with an aluminum bell. Came through the floor at me! My current girl friend told me i was a dumb ass then canned me the next day.

21. Russ/40

Russ/40

After a successful hill climb on a radical up, I decided I could do the same hill in reverse. The front differential wasn't as strong backwards. BALOOY CRUNCH. :eek:

22. Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The only thing i have ever broke showing off is hearts. hahaha

23. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Broke this at a Superbowl party a couple of years ago. I was Jonny Knoxville for a second or two. The beer dulled the pain untill the demeral kicked in. Enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't worry, no animals were hurt in the filming of this stunt oh and don't try this at home.

24. Edian

Edian
    from Idaho

well, not a hamb friendly car, 85 300zx with a turbo running like 11 psi, going down old pr(nice back road) comin down one hill, corner there, in the other lane at the bottom doing like 105, and up in front of me here comes a dump truck over the top of the hill, and uhh i was in his lane, yea jap sports car vs dump truck would equal dead me, so i got on the clutch and brake got in my lane, just got past him and a tire locked up, around we went, the car stopped spinning, but we were still going side ways, hit the ditch at like 45 sideways, lifted it up on the drivers side tires, the car was high centered, me and my friend had to walk down the road and have a guy in a dodge diesel pull my car out, he thought it was funny. i learned two things, maybe i shouldnt go so fast.... well not all the time at least, and that racing seats actually do wat tere supposed to, seats belts didnt help us at all

25. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I went to the beach that morning. Va Bch to be exact. Had a decent session with some decent surf. Loaded up the ex bitch and the board and headed home.
    This is back when I-44 had a toll road.
    The 62 comet was running pretty good with the new exhuast I had installed. Nice little tone.
    This invited a little harassment from late 70's firebird.
    So a little run up the toll road was on.
    I hit about 90 with the firebird along side....then all a sudden BOOOM!
    The little 62 let out a ton of smoke ...outta the hood...from underneath...and out the rear. I pulled up to the toll booth and the lady slammed the window shut and waved me thru....

26. krooser

krooser

1965... I was dragging a guy with a '56 Olds with my '57 Olds. I had Milfred Street Slicks on my car. I started out in the right lane and it had some water on it... when I hit a dry patch the slicks hooked up and I twisted the driveshaft center support off of the frame.

I called my boss at the gas station that I worked at and asked him if he'd tow me home with our wrecker... I explained how it broke and he told me if I was dumb enough to be racing I should drive it home broken to teach me a lesson.

Took 2 hours @ 5 mph to get home. The broken center bearing actually wore a hole in the frame from spinning around inside the x-member while driving home... had to be welded up.

Then he bent me over when he fixed it for me.... never broke another one.

27. 283nova

283nova
    from spokane,wa

bent a lower control arm in a parking lot one night, didnt see the BIG dip/pothole OUCH

28. This was in 1984 or so. I had borrowed my brothers little '63 Chevy pick up to go get some parts. It had a healthy 283, headers and the non-synchro 1st gear 3-speed box in it.

I was leaving and decided to leave a bit of rubber to complete the exit. I revved it up, put it in 1st and dumped the clutch. Well, to my surprise, the whole truck shuddered with this huge bang. Embarrassingly so, I limped it home in 3rd gear.

I had the box out before I told my brother, the countershaft blew right out and was loose in the case. I sprung for a used synchro box and we installed it with some new innards for good measure.

Bob

29. Not a HAMB friendly event but back in 1973, I had a 69 Z-28.
    Was in the high school parking lot and was going to do a 6-Grand holeshot.
    Only problem was I was in reverse and not 1st.
    Car lunged backwards, I went against the steering wheel for an instant.
    Got the car stopped about 100 feet later.
    Sheared the ring gear and pinion like a corncob.
    Man that sure was a good car....

30. vertible59

vertible59

had a gold (earl scheib), dechromed 49 ford with flathead and 3-speed. was gonna show off for some girls on the sidewalk by getting second gear rubber. bang shifted...trans came unwrapped and locked up. old ford slid to a stop while girls fell out laughing. oh well...