Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real Gassers Rock. (A New Face)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Very Nice!!! I like it!!

2. awesome old gasser. I will say that I love the painted look far more than the primered version. Shiny paint may not make it faster, but sure does make it easier on the eyes. I've had a couple primered cars, but either paint them or sell them to someone who wil paint it. Primer, rusty ass metal and patina are the billet of the new millenium...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. That car NEEDS a Rockstars sticker! PM me your addy and I will send a couple of my last ones out! (dont know Rockstars do a search for RwT)

4. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

She looks badd ass scott......

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I really like the way you have brought it up the way they were back when, start off gettin it shook down and runnin right and then tear it down and do it nice and right. shows your sense of pride in your car and dedication to it. leaving them shitty is just lazy. i dont remember very many that didnt carw how they looked. and the name is perfect. enjoy it ...

6. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Looks great Scott.

Here he is trying to impress the ladies with his other jalopy:D

Attached Files:

• 1313.JPG
      1313.JPG
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

I really like that car. Great work! My dad had an old '54 Chevy 'vert that was an old race car, so I've kind of got a thing for them. :cool:

8. 65bonecrusher

65bonecrusher

no shit, the guy that did the work on that car must be phenominal!

9. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Scott, Its a beauty! I'll be watching for it.

Later,Bill

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

Congrats on a nice clean build. Bonus points for taking the pix at Bonneville! Best of luck with it this season...

11. Spike!

Spike!

Come on guys..primer and red wheels...everyone is doing it! Yeah, right. from what I've seen of the past, guys like SWC and KS had cars in the show area if they weren't racing. Stuff got chromed and shiny paint and gold leafed. People were proud of their cars back then. Primer, for some, was a stage before paint, not a statement, and that Chevy looks great all dolled up. Have fun at the track blazin' the hides and lookin' good doin' it!

Spike

12. nsh57

nsh57

Hey Scott, the car's looking great in the new paint and lettering. I hope that the red side glass is going back in there. Oh, and are you going to have it together in time for the Thaw Out down in Mt. Vernon? Hope to see ya there.

13. Terry

Terry

I Gotta hunt for some pictures. You would not belive how much that looks like my old car the Orange Crush. It was more orange than red of course but other wise it really brings back memories! Have fun with it!

14. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

The 53 is coming along pretty good except for the chrome plater called and said that my grille has tiny pin holes throughout most of the pieces that you couldnt see until it was cleaned. That Sucks! Does anybody out there have a Grille or any suggestions?
    Thanks, Scott

15. Judd

Judd

Lexan sheet with holes drilled in it? black smoke or red.

16. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

17. Gasser57

Gasser57

Looks great Scott. We're gonna have to line up this summer!

18. looks badass scott cant wait to see you this summer...............:D:D:eek:

19. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Make a tube style grill ?...or try a '58 Ford mesh grill ?.... check out the front of Gene Schwartz '51 Chevy .

20. There is a happy badass look when orange meets curved sheet metal, combined with high stance and you develop attitude. Love this car. I've been considering bringing a 49 sedan home to add to my tin pile and I think its going to happen. Between this 53 and the Class Reunion car I have enough inspiration already, and I don't care what the wife says or her mom I live in the garage around my house! Does anybody have a spare bay I can hide it in, you know just until...... no sweety I wasnt talking about another car you must be hearing things....... I gotta go the dishes need to be washed.:eek::rolleyes::D

21. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Jay drove his 65 Comet "Bonecrusher" over today, so Jay, my dad, and I put the front and rear windshields in my chev. Jay is who painted my car. I had to post these pics i just thought they looked really neat!

Attached Files:

22. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

yea,, lookin good,, well be cruisin soon,

:D

23. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Thanks everybody for all the feedback on the car. I put Americans on it and I love the look of them on the car! I think the rear tires look too small on this car though.

Attached Files:

24. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

Nice job on the 53. I think they look the best as gassers, and you've nailed it. The americans look great, bet the slots looked good too. I don't think the rear tires look too small, but that's my opinion. But if you don't like em, change em. Once again, nice job. Just a thought, but if the inner fenders were painted black, would that help the rears look bigger?

25. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

Thanks Primer31, I agree with you on the black wheelwells I was going to use that rubberized undercoating that is black. I think it will look alot neater that way.

26. Put the slots on the back with the 5 spokes on the front

Attached Files:

27. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

MT
    I forgot to add, it'd be great to see that thing run at the HAMB Drags if you can make it.

28. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

oh yeah... i like that.

29. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

I was originally going to put Americans on the back and leave the slots on the front but then just decided to make them all match. I like them both the same though. either way looks cool to me. thanks, Scott

30. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

I saw some videos of the HAMB drags on youtube it looks like it would be a blast to go to see.

Thanks