Register now to get rid of these ads!

Better late than Never!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Da Tinman, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

When I joined up here everyone was slammed slapped and beaten up if you didnt do an intro. I decided that I would wait to do one till someone called me out for not doing it.

Nobody called me out, so i figured if it hadnt happened I would do my intro as my 1000th post. So here it is.

My name is Jay, I grew up lusting after hotrods, building models, jumping off bicycles and hating school. There are 2-3 people that I went to school with that I would walk across the street to talk to.

In 1988 joined the Army, served for 8 years, 4 full time and 4 active reserves,

In 1993 I fell into a job working in a full service drag race chassis shop, and have been a professional fabricator since.

I have built many cars over the years, well over 100 if you figure that dragsters are sorta kinda like a car.

In Dec 2005 I started to get way too many hits on my website, so many in fact that my free website was down for most of the time. My logs showed that someone had posted links to my site from here, and a couple others. Having lurked for while before that I figured it was time to join up.

Since I joined up I have learned a lot, hopefully taught a few you some things and have met some of the greatest people and a few of the worst, oh hey Todd:D! I wont cross the street to talk to schoolmates, but I drove 420 miles to work on Gergie's car.

I was also invited to join the Vagabonds cc, put tears in my eyes for sure.

I conned my Mom into participating in a Hamb relay for the for this guy from Wayland. The fella that dropped off the item ended up talking to my Mom for quite a while, and now the are gettin hitched.

So I guess i'm saying that you should be careful what message boards you join, as it can be a life changing thing. Glad I picked the right one!

In short I guess I should say: Hi my name is Jay, I know nothing about cars, but I can say do a search Newbie!!:p

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

1000 posts before you found the intro page....wow...you already know your gonna catch shit about this.....

3. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

hi jay,,,,, welcome to the HAMB,,,,

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Welcome Newbie.

Proud to call you a life long friend!

5. Zeke

Zeke

Damn noobs taking up all the old guys posts :p

6. 38pickup

38pickup

geeze man, about time... welcome to the hamb noob.

7. Does he know you, if not ....shut up ! You have been here 4 months and you think you have the right to post something rude...Good job ! Some of the cool stuff he posted about his mom meeting some one because of this board...and you focus on how many posts he has....when you hang out in the intro area welcoming everyone, like you have been here for ever , and are the HAMBS doorman ...NICE

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

tears in your eyes eh?

homo.

love ya Jay, always. proud to call you not only a club brother, but my friend

9. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

maybe i should hand out 1000 welcomes, instant street cred. nice i can be the walmart door gimp of the hamb

10. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Jay, Hi, Hello & a 1000 Welcome's from Texas.

Lucky667

11. havi

havi

I thought 100 posts was alot before an intro, got me beat by far. Welcome to the HAMB, lol.

From another late 80's early 90's vet.

12. You (soon to be step son) are unreal!!!! What puzzles me is why am I not surprised!

Were you not an Alliance Member (good man!) I would have begged Ryan to make you an FNG 'til spring.

We'll be seein' you this Saturday at 1:00.

One more thing.... GREAT intro!!

13. bigken

bigken

Damn Larry - you wanna bring me up to speed?

Oh yea, Welcome 'Da Tinman'..........and congrats, but you better watch that character. :D

14. Grab a beer....PM sent.:D

15. Welcome son:D You welcomed me almost a year ago when I posted my intro. Now, what did I tell you about procrastinating, we will discuss this further this Saturday when we celebrate Christmas.

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

mom, or dad [to be] could you please slap jay for me when ya see him??? just for fun!!! :) love ya like a way older brother jay!!!;)

17. Gerg

Gerg

Jay congrats on doing your intro i know you have been holding out for a while because you were afraid someone would bash on you lol...

Glad you could make it to the thrash your metal skills are amazing glad i can call you brother

gergie

18. You have my deepest sympathies, nobody wishes for a son like him!;)

Vagabond man-love all the way around!

19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

aww you guys are makin me blush!!

20. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

:eek::D oh brother, is this like calling the kettle black or what!!!! LMAO That was so funny Glo!!

oh, yeah and a belated welcome to you to Jay ! :p in case you didn't know your mom is the best :) love her to death!

21. bajajean

bajajean
    from Illinois

Well big brother, your in for it now!! I told you what mom thinks of procrastinators!! LOL!! Better bring your ear plugs to christmas, cause you know how mom is, she won't let you live it down!! Oh and by the way, I dont think I ever did my intro either. Maybe she wont figure that out though!! Do you think procrastination is hereditary? If so, mom must have that trate somewhere, and she just wont admit it!! Lots of luv from the little sis, and I will keep you in my prayors!!