Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your bigest speeding ticket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sixpac, Feb 1, 2009.

1. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

A frienf of mine up here in Canada lives in a province where they have very strict speed laws. he has a car that will do 160 mph as it was clocked by the police. The fine is $20,000.00 I am not kidding. Judge said pay or lose your pro drivers license. Man that sucks for sure.

2. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Speeding is Illeagal & Un-Safe !! Just like Street racing !!

If you havent read the HAMB post lately, There are alot of guys here that are going to Rake you over the Coals for admitting you know someone that drives Un-Safe & Illeagal.

YOU COULD KILL SOMEONE !!

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

and the tales begin...

4. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Shame you live in Canada... Here in the states, he could give the $20k to a lawyer and make the charges go away :D

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Fuck the fine...if I was the cop I would of beat the living dog fuck out of him with the butt of my gun.:mad: We have families on the roadways. $.02

6. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

I feel like royal shifter, time and a place for that shit.

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

I got busted for driving at the speed of light..... in a speed of sound zone.

8. I got nailed for doing 345 mph in a 30 zone. I'd never had believed that little Metropolitan would do that, had I not been in the driver's seat! Took the damn cop four hours to catch up! I'd already eaten a nice steak dinner, danced with a beautiful Hollywood actress, and had a few beers before he caught up to me.

The ticket was something like a million dollars, I forget.

9. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

I got a 71 in a 55, the car had no front right fender so the battery was hanging out and the fresh coat of primer was still wet. But hey, when a 17 year old kid goes through all that just to get to work on time - after staying late at school to get the car driveable... holy smackeye that was 21 years ago!

10. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

my bigest speeding ticket 8 1/2 by 11

11. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

my biggest speeeding ticket was 51 in a 25 less than a week after my 16th b-day. cost me 75 bucks and no car for 6 weeks. boy was i depressed. imagine being 16 and to have gotten a speeding tickect so fast after you got your licence only to have you parents take i away from you . i guess even a 68 chevelle with a 307 and a powerglide CAN be to fast .

12. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Chuck Norris must have been driving too...

13. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Best answer so far!:p

14. He was riding with, just in case! I had him along to take care of my light work.

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I never drive fast only the speed limit for me.I have never participated in street racing or out ran the police on a motorcycle .Mt last 2 cents

16. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

When The Hulk gets mad.... he turns into Chuck Norris!

17. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

HA! now thats funny.

Good size for framing!:D

18. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

6` by 10` :p from a 3`foot cop

19. How's that song go? The little Nash Rambler was right behind... his horn went beep-beep.. beep-beep... his horn went beep-beep-beep.... "Hey buddy how do you get this car out of second gear?"

I never got one for more than about 20 over, and only got about three speeding tickets... I think the last one was in the Pontiac Safari wagon I had, so that makes it like 10 years now. That one I just missed the 35 sign in the sun glare. But it was either that one, or one where I was doing like 38 in a 30 and got written for 45. Never have driven through that town since and if I stop in that county for anything I go to the Indian-owned place so they don't get any sales tax revenue. It's not much, but you can't really kick a cop's ass and get away with it, so...

Seems hard to believe anyone clocked at 160 wouldn't spend at least a night in jail. As opposed to a fine that in American dollars is about 200 bucks. Or at least it used to be before they turned the printing press for the money on and broke the switch.

Or did you mean 160 KPH? Like 90 MPH?

20. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

I got a 59 in a 45 this past summer,really pissed me off. Its been 40 years since Iv'e had a ticket, that was for street racin'. I deserved it what da fuck.:-(

21. Reverand Greg

Reverand Greg

Honestly I got nailed for 165 in a 55 an got roughed the f+++ up,3 days no bond,$10,000 bond,6 months in county,$4,000 fine, 2 years probation,Nolicence for 2 years,1 year work only,and had to sell the car.Do you want to go to jail or go home?

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think he's getting lucky..here he would be doing time, and probably be sniffing the heel of some cops boot.
    maybe 20 grand will slow his ass down a bit..
    5 or 10 maybe even 15 or 20 over is one thing but dam 160? is he asking for bubba to be his mate in cell block 69:eek:

23. 117 in a 35..... after the attorney friend of mine talked to the prosecutor I ended paying $35 court costs, no points, ticket was thrown out because one cop clocked me at 121 and the other at 117 and neither one showed up in court. The prostituor and my friend spent more time talking about the golf game they had the weekend before than they did about my case.

Some other details....I was a mechanic at a shop and the bike was in for an intermittent sticking throttle. When they asked why I didn't just pull in the clutch I explained that it would have surely blown the motor, traffic was light and I knew I could ride it out (long 4 lane straight away running parallel to a freeway with no buildings on my side) while turning off the ignition. A blown motor would not have gone over well with the shop owner. When asked why I felt I was able to "ride it out" I told them I race bikes at a local track.... I know bikes and have no desire to risk my life racing on streets with cars 5x my size on a customers bike when I can go to the track and do it the right way on my bike.

I can say that the officer giving me the ticket was ready to kick my ass all over the street that day but I was cool and didn't be an asshat. Told him what was going on and the owner of the bike showed up and tried to explain it to him....I thought the bike owner was going to get a set of cuffs but cool heads prevailed and after my adrenaline settled, (the cops too) he let me get back on the bike and followed me back to the shop after I did a roadside repair.....yanked the damn cable off the bike and used my fingers on the carb.

Honesty pays off and don't hassle the cop that is just trying to do his job.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

What a DUMBASS ! :eek: He got what he deserves !
    They should have taken his car and put in a car crusher and made him push the button ! Hasn't he heard of a "RACE TRACK " ? That is what they are for not the damn streets ! :mad:

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

dumb and dangerous is bad combination, but sadly far too common.

26. S.F.

S.F.

hahahahah!!!!:d

27. makgreens

makgreens

well lets seeeeee
    highest one i got clocked at or caught doing?
    my highest ticket was 135 but the cop knocked it to 75 in a 55....i was going to a house fire(fresh out of the academy so i was a little tunnel visioned) and he was mad i was beating him to the fire
    ive been clocked at over 150:eek:....yeah bad idea but wanted to see how fast my bike would go....got it to 171 and then decided i wanted to live and saw that the cop decided not to give chase...

havent gone over 90 since on anything thing with an engine cause i like to live:D

28. Allan Songer

Allan Songer

When I was an idiot kid I got popped for doing 140 on Highway 5 just after leaving Pacheco Pass Road. It wasn't my car. I was delivering it to San Diego as a favor. Lamborghini 400GT. Didn't just get a ticket. They took me to jail and my license was suspended for 6 months. Also a $800 fine.

This was over 30 years ago.

29. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

i was moving up that big long stretch of the 15 north of san diego in moms new Lumina (circa 1990) going as fast as it would go about 130, didn't notice the ham sandwich made by a couple rigs until 20 feet before i passed. needless to say, all that cop saw was brake lights and that front end raked hard as i flew by. he was kind enough to only hit me for 85 in 65.

30. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i got one for doing ludicruos speed