Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shortened Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thorkle Rod, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this thread just made me throw up in my mouth. YUK!

2. wsdad

wsdad

I like it too! But I still think the rear wheel needs to be moved back to make it look right:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

I kind of like this one, seems like it could fly !

4. hal

hal

heres a couple we did

Attached Files:

5. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

is that because it looks like shit from the side

6. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

i can't even begin to tell you how horrible this is. every single car on here besides the hippy vans look like shit

7. froghawk

froghawk

Agree this is some goofy shit on here! The first ones like this I remember seeing were a '57 or '58 and a '59 Plymouth four door sedans done sometime in the '60s (IIRC) by a guy in Bristol, PA. Weird. I think he also was responsible for late '50s or '60 Ford pickup that was shortened in front and back of the cab, then the bed was molded with the cab. It was somewhat better than the Plymouths.

8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Up here in Washington State/Pacific Northwest in the late 60's/early 70's, there used to be a 56' Shorty Wagon Altered Drag Car, that also was entered in all the car shows. It was called "the Jelly Bean", and was mostly yellow; had the complete build of the car on a "storyboard" displayed with the car. It was made from 2 or 3 station wagons. I always thought IT was the car responsible for all the shorty 55-57 Chevy wagons. Wonder what ever happened to it. There also used to be a 56' Chevy Sedan Delivery with MOPAR wedge power and pushbutton T-Flite/Dana combo that turned up on E-Bay a couple of years ago. Loved that car too. Butch/56sedandelivery.

9. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

I have no idea how you did this, but I for one think it is cool. You managed to hide the rider as well as the rest of the horse.:D:D

10. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Not my work , but freakin' funny as hell !

11. Dave57shortone

Dave57shortone
    from Vancouver

Hello Shorty Fans, I picked up a 57 Ford off of E-bay about 2 years ago from Oklahoma. It had been shortened[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] in 68 and never finished. It now has Granada 302 running gear and disc brakes, most of the sheet metal has been replaced and the top section that included the arch that makes the 57 so beautiful has been restored. If you have any information on this old Oklahoma Ford I would love to have some history. Thanks for the Hokey Ass Message Board.

12. Dave57shortone

Dave57shortone
    from Vancouver

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ha ha that two legged horse cracked me up lmfao them shortened cars are ugly

14. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

From Monster Garage

Attached Files:

15. Ghost28

Ghost28

Got a picture of this in lincoln nebraska. Wasn't just short. And both guys were 6 foot easy. And they drove it cross country...ghost

Attached Files:

16. rixrex

rixrex

Some of these cars are hard to take..look at them too long and you feel like you are in a Twilight Zone episode..there are only a couple that work, the rest are just freakish..There is a guy here in town that drives a shortened four door 54 Studebaker, I always jerk a Whaaa? doubletake

17. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

18. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

How about cars with two front halves welded together? Were older cars done, or is that a late model phenomenon?

19. NO.there was one in Rawlings Wyo. for ever sittin at a gas station two early caddys (51?)

20. I used to own this 55 BA shorty ,it was a Popular Hot Rodding and Chevy Action feature car, body shortened 18" roof 24" I sold to a friend who turned it into a race car 10.30 best et He blew up the motor and its been sitting in the barn for 4yrs'

Attached Files:

21. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

This is a neighbours 62 shorty.
    These were taken a few years ago on our way to a car show.It was still under construction and not driveable yet,so we had to trailer it.

Attached Files:

22. 409 Bob

409 Bob

23. hupster

hupster
    from california

I shortened my Hupmobile 6"

Attached Files:

24. These are great!

I'd also like to see someone do this to a '62-'66 Chevy truck panel van or Carry-All or Suburban or whatever they called them back then. Sot of a precursor to the '67 Blazer.

25. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Can I ask WHY they let that into a car show ??

Vans seem to work best for shortening

26. Most indoor shows have a under construction class to showcase a builders talents . I remember seeing the car displayed and I thought it was pretty cool . I guess everyones entitled to their opinion.

27. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Hmm..never heard that before...must be a new thing. I can see where it could be interesting

28. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Jigger that Corvair van is kinda neat

29. Gigantor

Gigantor

Wow - talk about dredging up memories... I remember that thing. Made me sad even then when I was too young to FULLY appreciate an old Caddy. I wonder if that's still there?

30. That has gone on for some time now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.