Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C5Cruiser, Jan 29, 2009.

1. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

From what i've been seeing, it's too much for too many doors! But you are the one buying it, so it depends on your likes. I think you can do better, though.

2. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

The Big 3 Swapmeet is on at the end of next month down here in San Diego, come on down and get ready to haggle!

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

six grand CASH will get it. Try it and see.

4. belair

belair

WAAAYYYY too much for what else is out there. Like that sweet Ranchero.

5. I'm going to go see her Friday or Monday. If he's stuck on the price I'll say good bye.
    It does seem to be a nice car however you're all thinking like I've been, a bit too pricey.
    Too bad I can't find and Impala in that condition for that price.

6. That's funny! I was thinking of doing just that.
    All of it in 20's. :D

7. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Impalas are out there. If that's the car your after keep hunting till you find one you can swing. It's def a buyers market. There's so many good deals out there right now. I'm a Chevy cat but homeboy's Ranchero is pretty sick.

8. I can't this weekend. Getting my NRA Instructors Cert. When's the next one? I was going to try the one at the Pomona Fairplex next.

9. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I would say to much for a four door car .But if you like it I bet he or she would come off the price .

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you can wait I think the car hobby is going to go through a substantial downsizing in the next year or so. As people get laid off or lose their homes the hobby stuff will be sacrificed to make a last stand before the poor house. There are already signs of this happening, even Ebay prices have been down except for the premium items. did you pay attention to the last Barret Jackson auction? Several catagories of cars were off as much as 25%

Frank

11. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

You have said several times that you want a chevy. This is not a chevy and never will, even if you close your eyes and think real hard. :)

You can find chevys for under $10,000. Watch the classifieds on the HAMB. Maybe you will have to go to an early 60's rather than '58 but they are out there.

My experience; buy what you want, not just what you find first.

Neal

12. I can wait. Yes I saw the Barrett Jackson auction. Also the Mecum car auction. Not so high end but nice cars and better prices because they are not all period correct.
    I'm sure lay-offs are going to be a big impact soon if not right now. We went through an early retirement in December and I'm still here. DANM!

13. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

Fab32's got the good advice. Right now all I see are guys trying to get the inflated prices they've been paying for cars back out of them before the market gets any softer. In a few months, if you've got cash, you'll be able to get good old cars for a song (except for the really rare models, of course, but I'll bet they'll be down some too).

14. Squablow

Squablow

The prices at Barrett Jackson are a really poor indicator to use to gauge the price of any old car.

I was planning on jumping into eBay's completed listings and coming up with like 10 better alternatives to this car in the 7K range but honestly I came up empty. Plenty of really sweet deals to be had but all the low priced stuff needed work and the good deal 2 door hardtops were twice as much money.

Anyone got some good examples of recently sold/currently for sale cars to compare with this one? Especially in C5Cruiser's area, to make it more relevant. Project cars don't count since it appears he's looking for something that is ready to use without any work.

15. Awh man! I was just going to change out the badges too!
    Ford now and Chevy when I win the lotto.

If we only had Jay Leno's money. The hell with a tank car! Give me a 1960 Caddy vert instead.

16. Very true. Those buyers ooze money. Mecum however seems to be a little more down to earth on their prices. More for the regular Joe.

17. MERC 55

MERC 55

Nice car, but too new for NSRA.

18. eeluddy

eeluddy

I always liked those 57-58 imitation hardtops. Had one way back in the early 70's, but up here in the rust out belt in Canada they have all been chewed up by the salt. If it doesn't need body work & paint I think a $6500 offer is fair.

19. Someone suggested to start out with 6k. Maybe $6500 should be my top offer. Like I've been told, there are other cars out there and the economy sucks right now and from what I keep hearing it's only going to get worse.

20. Justin5000

Justin5000

Did you go and take a look at her? How did it go if you did?