Register now to get rid of these ads!

Livin the Low Low Life last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gruizer54, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

Did anyone happen to catch last night's episode? It was (supposed) to be on the Dukes Car club so I was really excited since they are one of the oldest Low Rider car clubs from the L.A. area (aside from Imperials C.C.) Instead it was on the "Rockabilly Style" and it seemed like they were going to show alot of HAMB friendly cars.

I just want to start by saying that i actually enjoy watching this show and have my DVR setup to record all episodes. I know there are some HAMBERs who were probably featured in last nights episode and I saw a Newbie come on here that works for SPEED TV. So with that said...no disrespect but I was really disapointed. It seemed like they could have gone a different direction with the theme. Instead they focused in my opinion on a bunch of ex-cholo lowrider car clubs who now put steelies with whitewalls on their cars instead of 13's with spokes...instant Rockabilly car!

Oh well i know nothing about how much work is involved in making a show but I know they used to have Skratch on their show last season, one conversation with him could've steered them in the right direction.

Anyway anyone else agree...disagree?

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i was not disapointed.

3. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

You could see my Lncoln in about the 19th minute pulling in behind a hotrod.

The show was yucky.

4. Vida isn't hard to look at either. :D

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Good show,they go to commercial breaks too often!

6. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

SPEED Channel has gone down hill, like everything else I guess. Agree with you, they just follow the so called in crowd. Plus the lack of racing of all kinds, atleast show old footage of somthing and not the hot import nights crap over and over or PINKS. I will sometimes watch Pass Time, but usually MCC is all I watch there any more.

7. I saw a set of flames (very briefly) that looked an awful lot like those on a popular merc here ;) Didn't see the whole car...

8. dannyego

dannyego

Yeah I was dissapointed. The previews made it look better than it actually was. I dont know how a cholo's four door bomb is a "rockabilly car" what the hell is a "rockabilly car" anyway? I listen to rockabilly, does that mean I have a "rockabilly car"?

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

But she has a butt that is about 2 axe handles wide......

10. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

<---What he said - ROFL

11. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

and a face like a bulldog chewing a bee

12. She was filming some stuff at the GNRS and either she has lost a bunch of weight, especially in the Ass department, or the TV really does add the pounds, cuz she was lookin good to this old white boy.:D

13. The Blurr

The Blurr

14. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Yeah, one that you can balance a beer on while she's...

Damn, I'm getting too old for these thoughts!

15. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

I wish they would start a show about traditional hot rods. I get tired of seein camaro's, GTO's, Chevelles, Impalas, and imports all the time. A couple of the shows tap into it a little but there should be an entire show dedicated to it. Just my 2 cents.

16. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

She wears too much eye makeup. You know who else wore too much eye make up?

You betcha!

[​IMG]

17. I agree, and I think there is a FNG on here that works for Speed...please take notes and take to the office. One would think with the increased popularity of the "trads" someone would wake up. I DVR'd the show, will try and watch it tonight.

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a good show. I watch it all that I can to ease the winter blues......
    Last night's episode was one of the best ones that I've seen. My favorite
    is the one about wire wheels. Watching them lacing up the wheels is amazing.
    I'd hate to have that job...

19. Ya what is a rockabilly car anyway????? People today are so confused and misguided it's a joke!!!! To me it's kind of embarrasing, so if you have kustom is it a rockabilly car? or does it have to be in black primer to be a rockabilly car?

20. They guys they interviewed (are they here?) seemed to be some of the more entertaining guys (the one guy had a beer in his hand the whole time)... Hopefully somebody at Speed TV will notice they are fun to watch and do more... or less.

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Do you really want MORE people "in" to what we do?
    When the "more money than brains" crowd shows up,it's no longer any fun.

It's nice to see variety in coverage of events,but if it's currently the "thing to do",it will surely ruin it for the dedicated few.

22. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

True, but i'm just getting bored watchin the same shows all the time

23. ChopperX

ChopperX

The show was not that bad, It is always nice to turn on the tube and see a couple of nice customs, even if they all have small block chevys with 700r4's

24. KATFISH

KATFISH

Nice 3rd member

25. Chops

Chops

So turn off the boob tube and get back into the garage!

Hahahaha just messin around but I do dig the show.

26. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

I really don't mind the show - it's sort of in the realm of cars I cars I really like. And I also don't think Vida is too hard on the eyes. That being said, she seems DUMB. Isn't there someone working on that show that could give her some questions to ask the people being interviewed that are relevent or somewhat informative. Obviously someone does some research for the topics covered - give her something to say.

27. Bernardarama

Bernardarama

sometimes i really like that show, some times i hate it and the woman host as much as shes a looker, shes also a idiot and just kinda annoying. Whats the hells up with a "rockabilly car" anyway its a joke.

28. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I usually like that show to a point but I missed it last night so i don't know what it showed. I think they just used the "rockabilly car" term because more people would tune in becasue it seems like something different. I guess I will have to watch for the rerun on that one.

29. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Yes, if it is spelled with a "k" instead of a "c". Ha. Just kidding.

Damn, there's just no pleasing some of you.

30. In high definition, it's kind of scary seeing all those big globby chunks of glitter and makeup caked up around that girl's eyes.

I liked the episode of that show where they showed a lot of upholstery stuff, and an old guy was showing how he sewed wrinkled pleats. Another good episode was where they showed a lot of murals and custom paint jobs. I missed the episode last night though.