Register now to get rid of these ads!

chrome distributor cap , where to get one ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 26, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

anyone know where i can find a chrome distributor cap for a smallblock ford , speedway used to cary them but its been a couple years since i've seen em , have had a couple , wish i would have bought more cause i have searched and can't seem to find any one that carries them now , any help apreciated , thanks brock !

2. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

Dude-chrome conducts electricity. It's like taking a bath with an electric radio plugged up and playing on the edge of the tub. Form and function. Not sure where to find, but I'v seen them. Makes no sense to me. Am I wrong?

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

They used to make ones that were covered with chrome like plastic.

4. I believe Mr Gasket makes them.

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

ya they are a vacumized chrome like on plastic dash pieces so the cap is plastic and the tops where the wires attach arent plated , i have run them with no problems , have to be carefull when spraying stuff like carb cleaner around them though as it eats the finish , i have one yet on another vehicle but its getting a little ratty , building a new motor and everything is plated the chrome cap makes a nice finishing touch rather than one that doesnt match the block color or plating !

6. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

Sorry to post this before my intro but saw the thread and thought this might help out.

Back in the day, these guys were the shizz when it came to chrome plated plastic AND specialized in Ford. I think they do a combination of cars now. They may not have the cap but I bet they can tell you where to get them.

http://www.mrgusa.com/index.html

7. sun down

sun down
    from tx

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13