Register now to get rid of these ads!

C6 transmission help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragstar, Jan 22, 2009.

1. dragstar

dragstar

A few years ago I built a 63 Monterey for a friend. Now, after what seemed like minor maintenance repairs down the line and the transmission is giving us some trouble. When I owned it I replaced the tired 390 with a fresh built 30 over one and tossed the Cruise-o-matic in favor for the c6. Because the car was built to be as low as possible I had raised the trans tunnel and built new crossmembers, but I've always had issues saving the transmission pan from rocks and debris at a low cruise height.

After the last trans pan swap from a 60's econoline the trans doesn't want to kick in gear from 2nd to 3rd. Mind you it will at 1/4 throttle or even 1/2, but at all out full throttle, it stays stuck in 2nd.. Is this an issue from the ultra slim pan added and not enough fluid? I have checked the diaphragm in the back as well as any kinks in lines, but all seems well.Or no enough room between the pan and pick up? I'm at a loss at this point, so any suggestions would be apprecated!

2. dragstar

dragstar

anyone able to pass on some advice

3. I think you knocked the hode off your vacume modulator.

4. Mike move 1 key left, That makes it "hose" not hode. That's kind of like like Ida-hoe

Hope this is as funny as i see it, I really have bad aim as well...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009

5. Part of not getting old is refusing to put your glasses on.