Register now to get rid of these ads!

like Moriarity, who has a whole car inside the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realkustom51, Jan 21, 2009.

1. RichG

RichG

You have got to post pics of that when you get it done, you'll be the coolest doc on the internet!

2. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Back when I lived at home, I had a 360 on a stand in my Mom's living room - man she hated that. "Why the h#ll's that in the house?" "I just got it back from the machine shop and I didn't want it to get dirty out in the carport." :D I also had the front seat out of a '76 Caprice in my bedroom as a couch. I can't imagine why she hates my car projects to this day. :rolleyes:

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

4. The entire office will be pretty HAMB friendly. The outside looks kinda old gas station-ey and the inside has 18ft ceilings in the center and the surrounding rooms have facades that look like a 50's city. Got a soda fountain, diner (with a Big Boy on top), Sinclair gas station (with pumps and a Sinclair dino on the "roof"), movie theater with lit up sign and the caddy desk will be painted up like Watson's 59 and sitting in a shop front painted like his old striped shop. Just got the final floor plans yesterday. I'm pretty stoked! :)

5. EricVA

EricVA

Does part of a car count? This is my shop in the basement. No garage door, just walk up stairs. I thought it was a good idea until I realized I'm too scared to weld in the house.

Attached Files:

6. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

All I've got is the tunnel ram sitting between the TV and the record player. Sucks having an apartment. Can't even get my Triumph in here cause it's upstairs and we've got too much carpet.

7. Cluttered pic since it was during construction of the house and deconstruction of the A. Those French doors lead to our office and kitchen. To the right is my 60s era Coke bottle machine and my beer drinking bench...............I mean workbench:D

Attached Files:

8. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

got an sbc dual quad offy intake and a model A grill shell in my room. i'd love to have a car in the house but that would take up all the room!

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

It's a shame not to drive it, but it would be cool to look at.

No telling how many hours that I have sat and just stared at "lesser" cars. That one is real art to me.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Well, Bob K. would have a car right next to the barber chair if he thought he could get away w/it. Sorta like a drive-through barber shop.........

11. MilesM

MilesM

A guy accross the street from me has an award winning vintage VW in his front living room. He had french doors put in facing the street and can drive accross the granite and into his house through the french doors!

I want to open up the front wall of the garage and then I could put two cars in the front room!

12. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Gives a whole new meaning to the term....

13. Hadnt thought of it but I could park my car in the office or kitchen?!

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

what do you need a house for ? I have lived in my shop most of my life
    took over and moved in to the garage at the age 13

15. RodStRace

RodStRace

I used to have a house on a hill. One car garage, one car driveway. Above and behind the garage and the front yard was the house. It had a room addition. This is what happens when you drag the frame upstairs, into the sliding glass doors, then do a mockup assembly in the house. :D
    Notice I removed the carpet before, and did not replace until after the frame was gone.

Attached Files:

16. I have been trying to convince Rocky to knock out the family room wall and widen his garage............he could walk right into the computer room from the shop then!

17. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Is'nt the Berry Wagon in Scarry Larry's house?

18. well with the planned bar out there I could see getting wrecked...lol

19. rat deuce

rat deuce

If I buy another project my wife says I'll be sleeping in the garage- I guess that would mean ALL my cars are in the house......

20. WQ59B

WQ59B

A MoPar nut I sold an O/T Dodge to sawed a chunk more than half the height of the central support beam to his ranch house out so he could get more car parts (mostly Hi-Po MoPar engine pieces including blocks) down the right-turn cellar stairs.

21. WTF my shop is nicer than my house and beter insulated.......good thing Im single or I'd have to spend my car money doing foo-foo crap to the house

22. ramrod2624

ramrod2624

[​IMG]Does this count???

[​IMG]

23. If I ever get my garage built the way I want it, I will have 1050 sq.ft{including the loft area}. My house is only 960 square feet! Thankfully, my wife hasnt figured that out.{yet}

24. Keep that in mind! In the evenings we as a family spend our time in the shop. Carla was checking emails tonight and I was working on the Tudor while we talked from shop to house. Those women are out there!

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is very classy! There was a guy on Long Island that kept his Bug in a restored greenhouse.

26. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey F-Troup : These are tough times - you're probably looking for a room mate, huh?
    My current house is smaller than my mail box, so just a few parts in here.
    Used to park my Morris on the front porch of my old house (had no garage).
    My car may be my house, pretty soon...
    Hey T-bucket: Nice bath tub. I wondered what you built in there.
    Loving this thread!

27. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

When I had my house built I had an 8 ft wide sliding glass door put in for this purpose

[​IMG]

29. scrapmetalart

scrapmetalart
    from DAYTON

I know a guy in town that has a model A sedan in his house. It was his garage, but he closed it in & built another garage beside it. The room is carpeted & has a door, but I don't thing the car has moved in 15 years or so. it is prostreted & bigblocked. maybe I'll pay him a visit with the camera...

30. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Why are you such a downer man? The glass is half empty huh? You never know what's out there until you ask. Kick back and enjoy the thread brocefus!

I love your setup F Troop! You have all the joys of life right at your finger tips!