Register now to get rid of these ads!

Musclecar dorks dig hot rods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

yeah, that set off alarms in the interweb filter here at work.

Maybe, but your avatar makes up for it all.

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

You might be okay. My driveway is an identity crisis.

63 Bel air (wifey)
    92 Bronco Nite(wifey-but rad.)
    73 g.m.c. (slots-n-sidepipes-shop truck/parts hauler. rad.)
    2 1967 Cutlasses (1 built one, 1 for parts. I have a 3rd somewhere, too.)
    1964 Starfire (pro touring project. Camaro clip, 455, yadda yadda.)
    1931 sedan. on 33 coupe rails. kinda looking for a 70's show-n-go theme on this one.

and I just got a free 65 cutlass I have no idea whgat to do with. I'm thinkin racecar.

3. 64Olds

64Olds

nicely said nads, i like it all, as to where my dad doesnt like bigger bodied, hot rods, hes a strictly muscle car guys, but idk why, he cant go cruise, we can :) his gas is to expensive haha, something about a 540ci bb chevy in a 73 duster, which is street legal but, 5-6 bucks a gallon says nuh-uh haha

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Welcome to This Old Thread

Subaru WRXs are fast, I dig 'em.

5. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I care because I like the HAMB's quality and this thread is your electronic equivalent, four years old and retarded.

Why is it retarded? Because it assumes we're different in the first place. And then gives people a reason to feel good about themselves for breaking down a self imposed barrier.

Whoopitie fucking doo! You guys keep patting yourselves on the back for extending a hand of friendship to somebody almost exactly like you. Somebody who probably didn't know there was a barrier in the first place. You guys are fucking groundbreaking. They ought to get your help with that israel/palestine shit. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

6. zbuickman

zbuickman

that would about sum it up......have you noticed lately the quality of newb theads going WAY downhill????? 1 in 10 (mabey) is car related...BUT at least this newb knows where the search function is .....presently......

7. poorboy

poorboy

aint that the truth

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

There is some purple stuff growin on the rear of your car.

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

I said that a few years ago and they threatened to ban me.

10. Hemizach

Hemizach

I'm just a car dork....

11. thanks for noticing bishop , a lot of love and dough went into that $200 car , i will miss my LSU special as the car was sold this past weekend ..

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

You are pretty ignorant.
    I have been into hotrods since the 50s
    My sons grew up riding in my 1939 Ford truck (I've been driving it 16 years now) and my 1935 Ford
    They dont remember me driving anything else (except the 47 Mercury) until I got the 57 Chev, and the 31 coupe and the 59 Ford
    and some others
    One son is heavily into offroading his jeeps
    The other son has a new MUSTANG (14 second car)
    He runs it at the Baton Rouge dragstrip
    Guess what?
    They are still automotive enthusiasts!
    I will not be surprised if they come back to traditional hotrodding
    After all, thats what they know best.
    When the youngest boy was 9 years old, I showed him a lump of iron on the floor of someones garage and asked him what it was.
    I knew he had never seen one before.
    He correctly stated that it was a Model T transmission.
    For those who dont know, the Model T transmission is all guts and has no case like newer transmissions.
    I asked him how he knew and admitted that he was guessing but he had seen most Ford parts from 1928 to 1959 and knew it had to be older, thus Model T.

My son with the Mustang is just starting out in life, got a good paying job that sends him out of state often, and lives in an apartment complex.
    No place in his life yet for a traditional hotrod.

13. havi

havi

I'm one :)

14. t5stang91

t5stang91

i'm both a musclecar dork and i like old vehicles. actually i like everything except rice. even lowrides a little bit if the yare tastefully done.

15. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I get along with anyone who has grease under his nails.

16. I'm a musclecar dork, I guess. It just seems like all of the musclecar guys have gotten away from the things that make (made?) musclecars awesome, kinda like the chainer street rod bit. That's why traditional hot rods are so refreshing and so many of us lurk around here. It's also why I just picked up a '65 for my daily. Some of my associates spend a ton of time and money "refining" their muscle, then realize that they made it as much fun to drive as their wife's Honda.

17. lexman24

lexman24

Hey thanks for the life story, I don't care. Late model cars are shit and if you say otherwise, you are kidding yourself. You can all call me ignorant all you want, meanwhile I will continue keepin it traditional. I signed up to be a part of this site to support true hotdodders, maybe I have the wrong site.

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

Lexman, dont go anywhere, I want to see you finish that bellytanker.

19. I grew up watching Grandpa fix peoples cars in his garage...never had anyone into hotrods or musclecars.

I just gravitated towards muscle cars as I got older, but always had a love for hotrods too...I've had a host of muscle cars...restored a few...had a couple show cars and realised this isn't the life for me, I want to drive 'em like they were meant to be.

I sold off most of the fleet, marriage and kids required this, and now have my old 68 Chrysler wagon...hauls the family and has a big 440 under the hood...has a old repaint and looks good going down the road, the dash is cracked and there are nicks and dings everywhere but I love it!!

I recently rediscovered hotrods at the ripe old age of 34, and I am trying to learn as much as possible about trads and other rods...hope to pick myself up a mid 30's project in the next couple years...plan on running an old school Hemi and 4 gear...the rest I'll leave to my imagination.

So there is hope for the young guns out there...they just need an open minded person and a little guidance and they'll be buying up all your old rods when your pushin up daisies...;):)

20. if its old just drive it and enjoy it

21. lexman24

lexman24

Good luck to you thrashingcows, I am only 27 and am fighting trying to get any respect from these old guys. I hope you find your project, and make it your own;)

22. classicfins

classicfins

LMAO :p

23. lexman24

lexman24

I realize I am a newbie and for that you hate me, but I applogized for the accidental revival of this thread, trust me after this it won't happen again. I simply gave my opinion of dislike for late model cars, and I'm sure i"m not alone there. I just want to be a part of this community.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  24. manyolcars

manyolcars

You seem to have a reading comprehension disability.

25. zbuickman

zbuickman

The answer in how to gain respect here is in your above posts.... re read them sit back and think about them for a little bit. and youll figure it out. good luck.:)

p.s. the way your going about it now, definatly is not going to work. also we like old threads coming back up it shows reseach. not ignornrance and laziness:)

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

WTF is all the haten going on about Muscle Cars.
    Muscle cars continue where Hot Rods and Customs taper off. They gather 80% of their direction from us.
    Maybe they have problems with gold chainers.
    Now I could see the ricers getting some flack...but Muscle cars....Muscle cars...:mad:

27. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Let me assure you, what little hatred I harbor (none for you BTW) is applied much more precisely than you think, and it is not aimed at noobs. New on this board does not mean new in the real world, even if new mattered.

Let me assure you one other thing. If you're the "real deal" then you can not only recognize tin-lust in others, but you can understand where it's coming from. Even if that tin/plastic-lust is aimed at a vehicle you personally dislike.

If you don't understand that, everything is just posing. Lotta posers in the car world. Cars make nice fashion accessories. You can use them at the store, on a date, or even at work. The ultimate man purse.

So what is it for you rocket man? You building a cool purse or are you the real deal? Right now it sure sounds like purse.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  28. A lot of us appreciate hot rods, customs, musclecars, and late model fuel injected performance cars. A dork to me is an older guy who pulls into the parking lot and tries to impress everyone by doing a lame burnout in an obviously slow car, probably like the original poster. :)

29. lexman24

lexman24

Well, I have never wanted to copy what other people are doing or to fit in to the lasted thing. And sometimes that makes me unpopular. So I would have to say no, it's not a purse. I truly enjoy building cars with my own hands. Funny thing is, it seems whenever I finish something or even get close to finishing, I sell it because the fun is over. I don't care to stand around and watch people drewl on my cars, I just like the creating them. Of course its nice to be told i'm doing a good job, who doesn't like to be praised;)

30. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Schoolin' on what? Show me a car you can buy for 4K, and then toss on exhaust, slicks, and a blower, for another 2K. 6K total, it runs 11s in the quarter mile, gets 26mpg, and even lasted being driven 1200 miles in 24 hours, followed by being my sole car for over a year.

BTW, those "real muscle cars" were slow compared to new school cars.

Say what you want, but its simply retarded to write someone off by what they drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.