Register now to get rid of these ads!

"unfinished pile o crap" club, whos in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jaxx

jaxx

define finished because some of my projects never get compleated but I WAS FINISHED WITH THEM ! - Jaxx

2. zorch

zorch

Don't like Fourdoors? Me neither, usually, but I really dig this 37 Dodge. Rear doors will allow my to carry my minibikes, in one side and out the other. Trust me, it'll be cool as hell when its done. If ever. There's a cute little 289/C4 ready to drop in.

Attached Files:

3. Vorhese

Vorhese

Just got back from the ER. Hammer Smash Thumb
    [​IMG]

Not long ago. XACTO Slice Finger
    [​IMG]

4. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

fuggit...I'm in

Attached Files:

5. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

I'm new here and mean no disrespect to anyone. But when I scrolled down to this I shot my coffee out of my nose and all over my keyboard. It's very............uhm.....nice? love it good luck!
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by dabirdguy [​IMG]
    I'm in!
    [​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. saints

saints

7. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

I hate to say this, and from the finger earlier you know that thumb will feel like someone is beating it pretty hard overnight. I had two fingers cut pretty bad so I know your pain. Good luck with getting it healed up.

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Damn dude, neither one of those were power tools.

9. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

Here's my unfinished Pile of "I wish I had a lot more $$ so it would be more than just crap" If I can just get it rolling.. that'd make life a lot easier..

Attached Files:

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

OK Vorhese you win ?
    if I were you, I would give up masturbating and working on car stuff from now on ?

11. outotime30

outotime30

Not me, I only have 20 or so unfinished cars. I do have a few that my wife would consider unfinished, we can't quite get to an agreement about what finished really means. I think she thinks it means SOLD.....

And you know what? If you pick the right piece of junk and keep it long enough, it actually gets to be worth some money....

Attached Files:

12. mcload

mcload

Amazing what some people start off with...damn! You gotta be dedicated to try to finish a car like that one on the rotisserie!

Me, I can only conquer one pile at a time which is why I'm so old now. Plus I don't have a garage or shop (or time) for multi-piles. Here are some before after, and plenty of busted knuckles in-between. The Jag alone took me 25 years.

Attached Files:

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Vorhese, that's just one NASTY thumb! I hurt just looking at it. YARRGGH!

14. mcload

mcload

Many thanks for NOT repeating the pics once again! Ugh!
    I checked out your Dart Graphics site...nice work, man!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  15. Here's my POS right now. I had to look at it sitting in a pasture for 2 yrs before I even got started on it last March, but now it's actually beginning to look like a truck. If I'm lucky, it may be drivable by Roundup this year :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

This would be mine....there are others too DSC_0062.jpg

17. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

wrong pic....:confused:
    try this..
    DSC_0065.JPG

18. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

OK, I'm in, too. Got a '59 Chevy and 2 '36 Chevys (2dr & 4dr) plus a vintage racecar. Won't part with any of them .... yet. But here's the thing... after reading most of the posts in this thread, we all understand that we probably won't finish ALL our projects yet won't part with ANY of them ... yet. I'm starting to understand all those old hermits with the field full of 19?? Fords/Chevys/Humpmors/etc. Next time they tell me "not for sale" I'll try not to be too upset.

19. Sign me up..............................
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  20. I have a friend who is 92 and in poor health. The thing that keeps him going is his field full of old cars...."I'm gonna fix-um, soon as I get better". Yeah, the older I get, the more I understand the logic. I'm sure my kids feel this way about my stuff...........Dad will never get to them..................and so the river of life continues to flow.

21. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

Some of you guy's pile-o-crap is better than anything I ever owned but then some of you are just not playin' fair - wow.

I think if the majority of your vehicle's weight is in rust, it should be up for some special award!

22. Yeah, I got some of those too. Probably going to sell some off this spring, I need a dose of reality. I will still be a card carrying member of the unfinished pile of crap club.

23. Unfinished-pile-o-crap. That's what my ol' lady calls every car I ever owned............

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]

47 Ford more door year round beater project just started on it.

[​IMG]

28 Model A Phaeton ...the "someday" hotrod project!!

[​IMG]

48 Dodge survivor Kustom..I guess its not really a pile of crap like the other two.

25. 39delux

39delux

Is that a Weiand Drag Star intake on the Nailhead? I have one of those. Bought it for the 6 97s that were on it.

The problem with selling some of your projects that you will never get done to someone else is that they probably have more junk than they can ever get done already. It just wouldn't be right to add to their problem.

Tom

26. hickory

hickory

Heres mine! Before and after!! The snow.

Attached Files:

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

Count me in,...... ( can't post them all, so this one will have to represent them)
    [​IMG]

28. MyronH

MyronH

I have to say - I like your style

Attached Files:

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

shit jim....im so far behind on my projects, i cant even finish this sent........

30. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Here's Mine

Attached Files: