Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bullet nose,---Here's one I'm sure you will recognize, its the second version of the original made in 1957, I'm still a member (Honorary)----Don:D:D:D

2. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Check my avatar

3. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

[​IMG]
    Here's mine.
    In the window of the 36

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Thanks Andy!

FLATROY:

Cool that you'll be running your dad's plaque. There were 4 or 5 Idlers clubs I know about in the LA area. Funny that no one was concerned about using the same name or maybe they were associated. You can check the "Clubs With The Same Name" page to see them.

Deuce Daddy Don:

One of our club members was a long time member of the LA Roadsters and he still has his original plaque. I think the "Since 1957" was added much later when they had new plaques made.

Docco:

Where the hell is Ippy? I'm guessing you call yourselfs the Fiends, is that right? Most of the clubs I know of that end with a z are low-rider clubs. Can you post a larger photo of your plaque and let me know where you're based?

EmilyBelle:

Glad to see you gals finally got some plaques made for your club. I now have it posted on the Los Angeles page.

(331)

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, bullet nose, thats why I stated "second version", I was LAR club Secretary at that time, when updated version was made it was 1973, & by adding the words "since 1957" it made the plaque ongoing!!----Good job on this thread!!!--------Don:D:D

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Don,

I misread your post and thought you were saying the plaque was made in 1957. Sorry about that.

Did you know Jack MacNeill?

Bill

(332)

7. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

heres my club plaque. art work by my good buddy Doug DoRr and casting my Chopper Daves Casting Company

[​IMG]

8. olderone

olderone

The Mulvane Marauders ( Kansas )

Attached Files:

9. 2Loose

2Loose

All right, I'll stick ours in here, this one is old, fifties or sixties, and i'm told was mostly on the windward side of Oahu (Kaneohe):
    [​IMG]
    One of their original members is part of our drag racing and cruzing group here on Maui, the "OD" group (Old Dudes), here's our pennant we hang when racing down at the track:
    [​IMG]
    So last year we got O'Brien Truckers in MA (he's here on HAMB) to make up a couple dozen new plaques for the "Old Dudes" on Maui, using the original design from the LADDS:
    [​IMG]
    Our little track holds NHRA sanctioned drag racing once a month from Feb - Nov, if you are coming to Maui on a vacation try to hit during race weekend, check out the schedule here (LINK).

It's all local action, and there are some pretty fast cars here.

For cruzing, Peggy Sues in Kihei is good on most every weekend.

Aloha,
    Willy

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's an actual pic of our plaque

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Dude! I love the pic with the dualie car seats!

12. We went a bit overboard on this one

[​IMG]

13. kozik

kozik

Attached Files:

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You bet I know Jack & Elli Mcneil!!!!---Jack did my top on my roadster in 1971, Elli had her business as a beautician in So. Gate, after a few years they both decided to move to Hilo.Hawaii & each do their trade there. The scritchfields & us visited them one year, Jack picked us up at Hilo airport in a blinding rainstorm in his 40 Tudor sedan. After a few years, they returned to the mainland, & Scritch & I ran into Jack & Elli at one of the early Western Nats, 1986 I think, when they said they had relocated in Lake Havasu. I have not seen them since that time, if you run into them, mention our names Don & Bev Thomas, they will know us!!--------------Don

15. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Attached Files:

16. I found this one in a car I bought. Anyone know anything about this club?

Attached Files:

17. firingorder1

firingorder1

Seeing that the Rickshaws are up I might as well throw this up. Not exactly a car club plaque.

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Cool.Riverside is represented.

19. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

"Dad, put the camera away and get your ass in the car! We're going to be late for our naps!"

cute photo

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

Late? They just woke up from one! Nothing puts them to sleep faster than the rumble of that 59. :D Thanks!

21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Vonruben

Your plaque is now on the Los Angeles page

Olderone

Your plaque was already on the Mulvane page

2Loose

Your cool looking Ladds plaque is now on a new page for Hawaii. Love that surfboard sticking out the back. Your Old Dudes plaque is on the Maui page.

Hellfish

The Chrome Czars plaque is on the Chicago page. Do I need to add a page for pictures of twins in the back seat. How come you aren't using traditional car seats in your 59? I remember when I bought my new 60 Pontiac Catalina, we had a car seat that had a couple of U-shaped hooks that fit over the back of the front seat. My son, who was born in 1960 wore out the seat cushion from rubbing his feet on it.

Another nice touch would be some mini Mexican blankets for the kids in that cold Chicago weather.

Groucho

I'll soon be adding a page to the site for your plaque

Kozik

Your plaque is now on the San Francisco page

Deuce Daddy Don

I spoke to Jack & Ellie yesterday and they do indeed remember you and your green 32 roadster. They said to say "HI" to you too.

51 Mercules

Ahhhhh. Riverside! The arm pit of Southern California :)

Desertratrodder

I'm still looking for info on the club you found the plaque for. I have the photo posted on the San Fernando Valley page.

Firingorder1

What the hell is that? Looks like a shawl.

Thanks to everyone for helping me grow our site which now has over 4,500 different plaques posted on it.

22. metalman

metalman

I don't belong to the club but I designed it so they gave me one. I have others from clubs I belonged to in the past but they are all already on the list from Albuquerque.
    IMG_1318.jpg

23. MissPrint

MissPrint

24. Zeke

Zeke

This is my pops in laws (Jake Larson) club from back in the day. Der Kobblers cause their shit was all cobbled together. Jake shredded the wooden wheels on the 33 Plymouth when the he was tearing ass on a dirt road and caught traction on a hardball.

Attached Files:

25. TRAMPKING

TRAMPKING
    from SGV

[​IMG]my dads old plaque hangs in the garage now

26. Jimmy2bottle

Jimmy2bottle

Coffins what!

Attached Files:

27. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

28. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

29. One more reason to move to New Mexico!

30. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Actually the plaque they are holding says California so they may be in Lancaster :D