Register now to get rid of these ads!

Say what you want about car clubs, but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KreaturesCCaustin, Jan 16, 2009.

1. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

One of the guys in my club just got me a decent job driving a truck for the postal service. I'll be driving a Freightliner with a 53' trailer. This is a guy that I would never have met if it wasn't for my car club. In these tough economic times, finding a good paying job is nearly unheard of, so I owe a big thanks to my club and especially to Ramon, my club brother. At almost $22/ hour, I'll finally be able to afford to fix up my 62 C10 and maybe even take on another project. I'm thinking about something with no fenders next time around.

I'll be working 4 12 hour shifts, so that gives me three full days to spend time with my fiance, my pickup project, my art and my club. I'm not sure why I posted, other than to be able to share good news (for once) with my peers. Woohoo!!! I'll finally be all the way up to 'middle' class! I won't know how to act having extra money at the end of the week. :eek:

2. geemann51

geemann51

Good for you Dart, Ramon's good people....

Now, how many parts and body panels can you fit in their with ya'?

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

damn man. thats good. we work a rotating 12 at the city too. 4 days on 3 off and then 3 on and 4 off. i love my days off. and good lord, 22/hr is pretty good for just starting. good luck man.

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Good stuff man! Congrats on the new job, you have good friends!

5. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Thanks guys. I think too much bad news gets posted. It's high time I had good news to share. Can't wait until I get caught up on bills so I can dig out that LMC catalog and order some goodies!!!!

6. Congrats man. Friends are important whether or not they are in your club. Good luck with the new job and your project.

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Thanks for the boost for clubs. I have meet some pretty cool people thru my clubs.
    I wish you the very best with your new job,,,,, now get my mail here on time!!!

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

PFFFT....all my club gave me was the clap!:mad::D

congrats on the job bud!:)

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

We no longer make our prospects do THAT to get a jacket :D

10. John B

John B

Life is about networking. I've met more cool people and made more business connections through car clubs then I have through the Chamber of Commerce and other "civic minded" organizations. Congratulations on the new job. I bet it's got decent benefits to.

11. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Congrats man. It's always good to surrond yourself with good people. Good luck!

12. atomickustom

atomickustom

ANY club, group, or association is a good thing, for just the reason you say: it creates connections between people that otherwise would not exist.

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Congrats. You are now a modern day "Kit Carson."

14. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Congrats man. It is nice to hear some good news during these tough times. Best of luck with your new job and with your 62...

15. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Sounds to me more of a posative FRIEND post, not car club. Wasn't like the club protested till they hired you.

Friends are great, in clubs or out.

16. Car people are the best, I know some that are in clubs that wouldn't lift a finger for another guy, lot's who I've met at shows and cruses that aren't in a club that would stop whatever they were doing to help someone out. It's not the "club", it's the guy.

17. Glad to hear some good news when it comes to employment...you can't beat having good friends who have your back...now get that ride done with the extra dough

18. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Car clubs are like anything else..... Some are great groups of good people that help each other. Some are groups of idiots that do nothing but cause issues and try to be cooler than they are. Glad you have the good group. I do also.

19. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Good for you! Glad to hear another fellow US citizen going to work!
    Nice of that fella to hope you out!

I met and was blessed with my good friends while involved with my car club and hot rodders.

Nicest organized group of people.
    But we all knew that,didn't we?

Best vitamin for friendship-B1

20. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

That's great news for you.
    Car clubs are a great network for not only car guys but true friends. Our car club (Roadmates) is one of the oldest in Canada at 53 years. We still have a few original members who are now in their 70's and are a wealth of knowledge of history.
    Jeff Norwell is a member who never fails to contribute his artwork for shows or events we hold. BTW, where have you been Jeff??
    Most of the other guys never fail to pitch in when you are working on a project or stuck on solving a problem.
    Long live car clubs!

21. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Hey buddy I havn't even made it out to the RR yet ...it definatly was not me!!!!
    Fitysix
    Oh and congrats on the job!!!

22. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

True, I've had good friends that weren't in the club who have helped me out in a pinch, but I've met so many great people, including Ramon, only because of the club. I would never have made that contact otherwise. Clubs, if they're run right, are a very tight brotherhood. I know they're not for everyone, but in this case, it was the Kreatures that made it possible. Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Being associated with a club has helped me meet some great guys in our club and other clubs, that I may not have met otherwise.

Dart, the Kreatures, and the VooDoo Dolls are a great example of that. When I was going to Austin, I posted up here that I was coming. Both clubs welcomed me like a VIP. I still look back on that trip as a blessing.

Congrats on the new job Dart, good things happen to good people.

24. flynstone

flynstone

cant have too many freinds.............................

25. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Thanks Bruce. You know you're welcome on the Tiki Porch any day!

26. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Great news I love driving. Keep on truckin.