Register now to get rid of these ads!

To cold to work in the garage! what about by you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pothole 31A, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Yeah its a little cool this AM, bout 25. I'm sitting on my butt FFing through most of BJ i taped last night. It's gonna get up to about 45 after lunch so I'll get out there and play a while.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I saw how buisy your going to be today on my way into work..alot of broke down rig's on the side of the road and stuck in pickel parks..stay warm have fun..alot of diesel geling in these temps

3. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

I lowered an O/T S-10 last night in the garage it was 15 degrees. Even with my propane heater it still sucked. I barely hit my ring finger with the ratchet and thought I broke it. Dang thing still hurts. I hate the cold and I'm not even up North where it gets real bad!

4. Any of you guys have your air compressor freeze up? :confused:

My biggest one did yesterday afternoon(15 degrees) Had to fire up a propane torch and fan it over the fittings coming out of the tank:eek: Damndest thing.... I would have never realized there was a chunk of ice in the air line, but Notsojollyroger was here yesterday telling me his did the same thing Wednesday...

SO....if you're out there working in this weather and all of a sudden your air pressure starts to drop(like your compressor died).......

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..and my Detroit switch froze up too..screw this im waiting till it warms up some, what a waste of time and resources

6. Markster60

Markster60
    from WI

COLD? It's -20 here heating the shop just won't happen! So I grabbed up some small parts I was working on and a hand full of files and went to work in the house!!! Whatcha guna Do ?

7. ...minus 22 here this AM,...only got up to minus 8 yesterday; at least it wasn't real windy. Can't hardly stay warm in the house let alone the garage.
    If it gets up to the low 30's next week that'll be over 50 degrees warmer and it'll feel like Spring! At least Jan. is 1/2 over, Spring can't be too far off.

The last few days it's been in the 40's and even 50's in Alaska; what's with that?

8. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

We just had little cold spell, stayed between -40 and -50 for 16 days. So all I could do is work in the garage, of course it's warm in there +40.

Attached Files:

9. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

-22 this morning when I got up. I decided it was too cold for me to start much less my Truck so I am skipping work today.

10. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I'm in western Ohio.Like the old saying goes...colder than a witches tit here too! My old work car sets outside,won't start today so I guess I got a 3 day weekend. Giz'

11. Here on the sunny south it's 15 degrees this morning and it my hit 30 before nightfall then back to the single didgets,,,brrr

Not normal weather for us but when I built my shop I insulated the heck out of it so when I do get it warm it retains the heat,,,nice and toasty to work in the shop. HRP

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

I actually had the A/C on in the car on the way home from work yesterday........:p

13. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

$9.00 a gal wow. Will your heater run on #2 fuel

14. What are the tree huggers gonna do about the volcanoes?
    Cold enough here in Arkansas. Low 15, high 30. That cold weather is why I'm from Illinois, far from Illinois.

15. kb2tha

kb2tha

-14F here in Catskill Mtn. area of NYS last night. Too cold to work in the shop so I search ebay and forums.
    Ken

16. Nope... about 78 today.

17. patgizz

patgizz
    from cleveland

hell no its not too cold. -15 this morning when i woke up, went to the depot for some new sawzall blades. going out to fire up the torpedo heater in a minute, my 40 needs some attention.

18. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well it's day 2 with the heater on in the garage ,it's now 55 so I guess , I have no excuses !!!!

19. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Even here in Sunny Florida we are s'posed to hit the mid 20's tonite. Did some stuff yesterday but it was in the low 50s/high 40s which some of you find very appealing about now. :D

20. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Far too cold here. It jumps between 39 and 60.

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

awful, just awful here...just like it is every January...

<table class="weatherBox" border="0"><tbody><tr><td class="weatherHead">Weather:</td><td align="center" width="10">[​IMG]</td><td class="weatherContent">PASADENA, CA | Now: 76ºF | High: 80ºF </td></tr></tbody></table>

22. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

4 degrees with the wind chill right off the northern atlantic as i type... burned up most of a 100# propane tank just this week!!:eek: tomorrow colder, wind chill around -15. OOOoooo heat wave sunday!,34!!

23. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

My house is on a half acre, i have a driveway that fits 12 comfortably and a detached 20 x 25. For 100k. can you even buy a plot for 100k in California?
    Can you put whatever engine you want, in whatever car you want, and not get impounded? Can you walk down the street without being hassled by homeless guys?
    Didn't think so.
    :D

24. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

29 degrees when I went out to the shop today. I dont have heat in my shop, but when I had it built, they put in 6" of insulation instead of 3". It cost $1500 extra, but I dont run out of propane, and my heat is already paid for! It was 58 degrees in the shop. Perfect working weather!
    Its Texas, so tomorrow could be 70 degrees.

25. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

ha. what garage. all i got is a car port to do all my work

26. This morning in good old Travelers Rest, South Carolina, (in the NW part of the state in the mountains) it was 8 degrees on my garage thermometer. Not as rough as most of y'all, but for SC:eek:

27. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

Because we don't have massive forest fires............And we don't have massive land/mud slides.........And we don't have to waste money on running air conditioning-----------
    BUT.........We get a LOT of use from a snow shovel, and we buy a LOT of long underwear, then too, when it warms up, the flying/biting critters are out there for a lite lunch. haahaaaaaa. At times it's real pleasant here :D
    Perley. Maine Coast near Bar Harbor. About zero F right now and dropping fast.

28. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Its a chilly 84 degrees here today....I might actually have to put on pants instead of shorts...LOL

29. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Well this morning at 8:30 am EST i went to start my Ranger and it was actual -9 outside!!!!! Well the Ranger had a little trouble starting boy i was scared i wasnt going to make it to work haha well i made it.

Now we are expecting some snow about 6in so thats good for me now i can go snow blow and make some more money!!! Gotta finish my car....

30. bward76

bward76

I took away all of my excuses by installing infared heaters. 30's outside= 65degree t-shirt weather in the garage. Makes it nice until the power bill comes. Only benefit of a two car garage, heats easy.