Register now to get rid of these ads!

To cold to work in the garage! what about by you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pothole 31A, Jan 15, 2009.

1. spit while letting the dog out just now .. it froze and audibly cracked before hitting the ground ....
    dog is inside now his bladder empties quickly to comfort level in the -20 breeze

ok to leave bulk meat in the car for a few more weeks

tires make the noise like the grinchs sleigh slipping off the mountain top

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Aw shit....you're gonna hate me, but someone had ta do it: it was nearly 70 here today. Tuesday it was 84. Yup....that's above zero. But hey, if it helps, that's without the wind chill factor.

I used to live in Iowa....over 30 years ago. Finally decided life didn't have to be that tough, and moved to CA. I still remember one January back there when it never got above zero for the entire friggin' month.
    Craig

3. havi

havi

That happened in 1994 when I lived in Ely, MN too. average temp was -20 for the month. And I had to walk everyday, truck was broke down. You'd think I'd learn.

4. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

This winter shit blows!..............all you can do is grind and sand the damn metal:mad:

5. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

were you wearing a dress? LOL

6. 8thdaycr8

8thdaycr8

It's been about 70 degrees all week here in San Francisco, and about 72 today. Cools down to about 47 at night. Lived in Chicago growing up and I don't miss the cold one bit.

7. So we have a consensus? Looks like close to 100 ready to go bitch slap AL Gore?! Stupid fucker. Lose an election and create a crisis around yourself...............wait, cant go political. ;)

8. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

My garage is heated & cooled, but too damn small to do much in...

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

man I am so sorry to hear that life is such a bitch....has anyone called the police and complained about your indecent exposure ....I have to fire up the wood furnace when I work out in the garage and I can get the temperature up to 75 or 80 when its zero outside so I can get by...but I still wear pants.....

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a glass 32 grille and a good insert to go with it, the grille is a little worse for wear so I am fixing it up so I can sell it. May not get much for it but money is money! Problem is the temp in the garage today a 1230pm 43.8*C, thats 110*F was and humidity was at 82%, so I gave it a miss.
    It did get cool last night, even had to pull a sheet over me! It was the coldest night in a while here 75*F.
    Doc.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  11. It's 10 degrees here as I write this. Why did I have to be born in Maryland?! And why do I stay here? I guess it's that damn family, friends, job, etc. etc.......... excuses, excuses......:rolleyes:
    Here's my standard remark / picture when it comes to my feelings about this time of year.........

[​IMG]

12. We have the opposite to you.
    Here in New Zealand it is getting way too warm to work in the garage
    without cool air blowing through the place.
    It is just past midnight here now ans still extremely warm outside.
    Roll on Winter.. lol

13. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

This is friggin great!!!

14. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Right now it is -15 before the wid chill.

15. -13 air temps right now at 6 15 am...cool part is a get to drive into the shop and then spend my day out in the weather doing roadcalls for broke ass truck drivers and their broke ass rigs...,,,,,did i mention with the wind chill it's -33...and gonna get windy-ER today???i have a weekend planed in the garage, hell i fire up the propane blower and it'll feel down right tropical in there..IF i can get it up to 0......so all you dudes stay warm inside today...besides i get 44% of the $94 an hour that TA will charge for road work...and ya KNOW MONEY WARMS MY ASS RIGHT UP!!!!!!

stay warm today!!!!

16. Doug B

Doug B

Not much going on in my garage right now.I'm still working on insulating (it's about 1/2 done) but it's too cold to work on that! Hopefully next winter there will be a gas furnace out there...nice and warm,and some progress on the car. It's 18 below here right now.

17. even though my garage is attactched to my house it was still 28 degrees in threr last night, brrr

18. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

-2 a few miles outside Louisville. :eek:
    The big diesel truck wont even crank over
    The little diesel truck will crank, but wont fire
    The Lincoln wont stay running
    The honda starts and runs, but I had to bypass the heater core last week

I'm staying in bed all day. :D

19. lehr

lehr

It was -9 here yesterday with no wind chill -20 with but it's 80 degrees in my garage !

Pat.

20. FatFndr

FatFndr

I used to heat with kerosene......until it hit $9+ per gallon.

21. chopped

chopped

15 in mid-south Georgia, may not seem like much to you Yankee's but the heat pump we like to heat with here can't keep up.

22. ybu22z

ybu22z

Been a bit mild recently. 37degrees.. oh... that is celcius... about 98f. Was around 33-35c in the shed last night when I was trying to do some wiring and fit some gauges to the beast. The sweat in my eyes was making it hard to see. The upside of the hemispheres and alternate weather patterns is that the northside firefighters can come downunder for our 'bushfire season' with the big Sikorsky water bombers to save houses and property - it has been a bit dire in some places in Australia recently.

23. sjrodder

sjrodder
    from vermont

Right now we have -20F, good day to spend in my heated shop. Beer is cold and shop is warm. Like is good.

24. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW, that's unusually cold for you guys. I'd be pissed if I was down there to get away from the cold. We kind of expect it up here. It's 5 degrees this morning, going to get up to a whopping 13 today. Woohoo!

25. i just went outside and started all 4 of my cars and burned some styrofoam. i am trying to contribute to global warming. i need to get my new master cylinder installed after work and it friggin freezing out there.

26. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

27. I can't match the - temps, but we moved to Georgia to get away from cold & snow.
    This morning it's "4", not exactly the sunny South.

28. Finktim

Finktim

This is why all of you need to pack up your hotrods and all your shit and move down here to Florida. There's plenty of houses for sale with good prices. Hey, you can buy storm shutters reasonable now too. This week has been our coldest week, got in the upper 30's the last few nights, high's in the 50's. It's been maintaining mid 70's here for weeks, including thru Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can drive your rod ALL YEAR LONG. What the hell are you waiting for? Oh, you better pack your job though, the unemployment is huge. Of course, if your already out of work, it won't make any difference anyways! C'mon down! :D

29. Should be in the 40's today, BUT will be in the low 70's by the first of next week!!! Sorry, I feel for y'all up there in that mess.

30. octane

octane
    from Virginia

Gonna be single digits here most of the weekend, which is unusual...it's normally 30's-40's. Filled my jerry can with kerosene on the way to work this weekend. I'll be turning wrenches this weekend!