Register now to get rid of these ads!

tires vouge tyres on caddy,s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddyp, Jan 15, 2009.

1. teddyp

teddyp

i,m thinking of putting vouge tires 0n my 65 caddy anyone have them on a old caddy?

2. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Ain't Vogue a magazine Teddy? They make tires now? :D

3. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

Very nice tires, expensive and they scream Pimp

4. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I think they would look awesome. I was unaware that they made them in smaller sizes. (i.e. 15" or 16") I would love to see how they look on an older car. I have thought about this many times, but have never had the right project to try them on!

5. poorboy

poorboy

nice tires. pretty pricey too

6. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Just checked their website, looks like they do offer them in a 15" and up sizing. I assume that you meant the white/gold stipe combo. I always thought they would look amazing on a 60's over the top styled show car type build!

7. teddyp

teddyp

yes the white and gold

8. unkamort

unkamort

Mustard and Mayo

9. I've seen them on old Caddys before when I was busting tires for a part time living. Most were from cars from NYC and the drivers did wear pink hats. Kidding aside, most I saw were on '67 and up cars but did see a few on rides as old as '62.

Bob

10. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

a while back i bought a nice 99 eldo from the orginal owner and he told he had the dealer pull off the vouges because of the bad ride. you might ask the guy who owns some.

11. Gator

Gator

This guy maybe?

[​IMG]

12. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

My Brother runs them on his '60 Cad and most people seem to like them.

[​IMG]

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Teddy, c'mon.......you aren't going to turn it into one of those Les Dunham pimpmobiles, from "Live and Let Die" are you??????????

14. These tires have a really thick overlay for the whitewall and that gold detail. One swipe of the curb and they're generally never the same at least cosmetically.

Bob

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I like these on the Rivullac...

[​IMG]

not Vogues, not yellow...

but they scream PIMP!

16. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I bought an '89 Eldo back in '90 or '91 that came new from the dealership with the Vogue tyres and Caddy wires on it (15"). They wore well and handled fine. Took me a while to get used to the look, but I learned to love 'em. The Vogue tire seems to have a good rep. I've never heard anything negative about 'em. I'd buy them again for the right car.

17. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Teddy's always been a pimp, now he's just putting on the suit!

18. teddyp

teddyp

got a good deal on 2 sets so i,m putting them on both caddy,s now if i could a good deal on a hat?:cool:

19. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Haha, I know a guy who knows a guy... Lol

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

they look smoooth on any caddy.

21. tcb-1

tcb-1

damn! those look tasty on that '60...... wait a minute, I'm biased.

22. yblock292

yblock292

my dad bought a new 70 tornado first thing he did was put a set of these on it. could really smoke the front ones!

23. sololobo

sololobo

My Dad loved them as well, he had them on his 51 Rivera, and 55 Olds also. They were premium to the core. No one around had a set, it was a big deal to me. ~sololobo~

24. really surprized no one mentioned hot rods. find a photo of Dyno Don Nicolson's 60 Biscayne. had he had Vogue white walls on the rear. they were known for Traction. many S/S cars 58-62 ran them instead of cheater slicks most ran the black side out

25. I've got a set of 4 matched Vouge 15 inchers. They are the narrow white wall with a narrower gold line on them. Probably have less than 1000 miles on them
    I stripped them off a Continental that I was parting out.
    They were supposed to end up on my '53 Lincoln but that got sold before I could mount them.
    I've currently got 2 highboys and a '36 Ford 5w. coupe. They would probably look lame on any of those cars.
    Beautiful tire but I dont have the balls to use them on any thing I own presently.
    Guess I need to find a nice '69-'70 Caddy convertible or a person in need of pimpish tires.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  26. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

This is what I heard about Vouge tires.This coming from my father in law(now deceased), who was a long time Cadillac mechanic.He had told me they look nice as hell,but rode like like shit.

27. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

That is the only thing from preventing me from putting them on my 91 Brougham.Would hate to kill the ride.

28. teddyp

teddyp

joe i started this thread awhile ago i now have them on both my old caddy and they ride great and i put over 10,000 miles on the blue one and i would get them again greg was talking about the old vouge tyres from about 20 yrs ago i rembember when i had my 76 coupe i wanted to put them on dut i got talk out of them cause people said they didn,t ride good and i couldn,t find the right hat to wear:cool:

29. troylee

troylee

Any pics teddyp of the 65? I am thinking of putting them on my 68 caddy rag top. MIte spring for the a set of repoped wires also. thanks

30. teddyp

teddyp

here,s 2 pictures that i found i think they look great and ride great it,s hard to find w.w,s the size that you need for a caddy

Attached Files: