Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrysler 4 door Chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1949windsor, Aug 14, 2008.

1. 1949windsor

1949windsor

Thanks, when is the next get together?
    B

2. 1949windsor

1949windsor

How about some updates...

Got it painted this weekend and like everything in life nothing goes as planned:mad:

I decided to use the Hot Rod flatz black. Got me a gallon on Thursday. It was pretty windy here on Saturday so I figured I would finish any minor sanding and get everything prepped for Sunday and hope for a calmer day. Woke up Sunday morning to a perfect day: Dry, the Santa Ana winds had stopped and it was going to be about 75 degrees out. Who could ask for more. I built my temporary paint booth out of PVC and clear painters plastic. Wiped down the car, tacked all the dust off and sprayed on the first coat. Not to bad waited about 20 minutes and sprayed the second coat.... Just as I am finishing the final coat the wind started gusting 10 to 15 miles an hour! WTF!:eek:

The plastic started ripping and blew onto the car before hardened. Now I am running around the car and pulling off the plastic and the dust in the air blows onto the car! Needless to say the new ways to curse and swear that I had learned while chopping the car, now were only a memory...I would have been immediatley elected into the hall of fame of profanity if there were such a thing.

I tore down the booth and backed the car out into the driveway. I started cleaning the mess up. My friend who was helping me chimed in, "Here comes the critics" My wife who apparently had seen that I had moved the car into the front yard and decided to inspect the final product was bent over looking closely at the paint.

I looked up and she sort of turned her had our way and I said, "DON'T SAY A F*KING THING!" She of course being the awsome gal she is figured that now was not the time to point out that there were a few spots that did not look right. Instead she said, "What, it looks fine."

"Fine my ass the wind started blowing and F*CKED UP the whole thing" "Even worse when I tried to spray a little more paint over where the plastic touched the car in hopes of some miracle that it would look OK when it dried, just sent enough overspray around it to make sure it looks like shit" Anyways when I finally cooled down she did rub it in.:p

The really shitty part is that it really looked good until you got about 10 feet away and you started to notice the problems. Anyway here are some photos I shot before I moved it back in: Not sure what to do I will have to wet sand it back down and depending on how it looks I will either repaint it again with the hot rod flatz or spray a satin clear will update when I am done. Any suggestions from folks here would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The level chop worked best, definitely. It gives it a kind of Hudson-y look to it, which is a good thing, since I'm a Mopar and Hudson guy both! Your vision for it is a good one!

4. Bazil

Bazil

Where there any photos published after it was finished?