Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GNRS 60th Anniversary -- Jan 23-25, 2009 -- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dick Steinkamp

Dick Steinkamp

I'll be there with the Stude Kart Hauler...

[​IMG]

This car was in the 1959 Oakland (National) Roadster Show. I've spent the last 6 months bringing it back to life. It will be in the building that will be devoted to old National Roadster Show cars with a period correct Rupp Dart A Bone with twin West Bend 820's in the bed.

Lee Talbot who originally built this car in '58 plans to be there also. 80 years old and still into cars! :cool:. We should all be so lucky.

Here's the blog...

http://www.studeute.com/

C-Ya there!

-Dick-

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn Dick, that is looking really nice. I am still also hoping to make it to see it there. I'll catch you this Sunday regardless as well. Man, that is nice looking and as good as it looks without the cart, it looks totally killer with the cart in the back.

3. I'll be there shooting, probably Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I will!... gotta check out that cool coupe of yours.

I certainly will!

Great - thanks! :)

I agree, it WILL be nice to get away from the cold for a few days!
    I look for you out there, also, Dale...

5. rick finch

rick finch

Dale, glad you are coming out! Will be having breakfast with the OLD FARTS in the am, lets hook up!!!:cool:

6. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

I'll be going out there for the first time. My wife surprised me with the trip for my b-day. I will be there from the 22nd to the 25th.
    can't wait.

7. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Ya mean the "Sawdust Garage" ? Well it is on the property of a tiki'D out drive in movie theatre, but I don't have anything too exciting in there, just parts stashed and my wood working tools.

8. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

I will be in the suede palace,black 29 roadster on 32 rails,just need to rap things up...stop by and say hello.
    see you there Brian

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  9. anyone got directions and times :D for the garage tours??

us Okies from Podikie in MN want to see how you guys toys shops :eek:lookee???!!!??

10. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Coming down with Boones and acouple friends Fri thru Sunday. Its always a great show. Where you staying at Malcolm???We are going to do some shop tours Fri and acouple Museums on Sunday if youd like to join us...Alan

11. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Ill be there with the coupe.... In the big building this time!!!! Come by and help set up!

12. HOTRODDORK

HOTRODDORK
    from Michigan

I,ll be there from the 21st -26th . First time in So-cal ,I suprised my Dad with the trip for Christmas ! He hasn't flown since returning from Vietnam war. We can't wait !!! Any suggestions on places to visit other than the PETERSON,NHRA , and So-Cal would be great . See you there.

13. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

The show on Friday doesn't open till 12:00 and it will take pretty much the rest of the day to see it all.

14. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

If the weather is driveable, I am there this year, SJ - LA. I don't want to have to snowplow like Alex did last year over the grapevine.

Brian

15. silent rick

silent rick

with all the disappointment over the AMBR choice last year, will there be a most coveted hamb pick this year?

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was just informed that I get into California at 11:00am so if there is anything going one let me know. I may help Jordan (5WBomber) when I get there if he needs it so hopefully I'll see some of you through out the weekend.

17. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

See ya all there!

18. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

A short drive from the fairplex is a small airport called Brackett Airport. There's a cool little diner there called "Norm's Hangar." Last fall, I went there for breakfast every Friday morning with one of my co-workers. It's cool to see the planes take off and land while you're eating right there. There's also a cool view of the mountians which just got some new snow last week. (melting a bit now, so who knows what it'll be like in 2 weeks, but worth the trip). Prices are reasonable too, if i remember correctly it was about $7 or so for breakfast.

The inside of the place looks like a scene from a 1960's Los Angeles police TV drama: old school phone booths, signs, etc.

directions:
    Go west on McKinley. the McKinley-Fairplex intersection, the road will become Fairplex, but stay on it. when you get to the stop sign, it will become McKinley again. Go west and when the road dead ends (only 1/4 mile or so from stop sign) take a right into the parking lot.

it's probably a mile from the hotel.

19. Joe King

Joe King

We're leaving this friday.......

we don't drive very fast :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  20. I'll be there on Friday all day, via Southwest Airlines and rental car...

21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Might be a last minute deal, but I am there pending a plane ticket....Hope Rogue gets his car done in time.....if so, it will blow some minds in the Big Building.......

22. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I'll be there but parked outside for the Drive-in. That's Sat & Sun. I snoozed & missed the cut-off for the indoor show.
    Maybe I'll borrow some gold chains & power park so you can find it.;)

Shouldn't be too hard to find.
    [​IMG]

23. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I'll be there Saturday helping to park cars on the outside.

24. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I'll be there, probably saturday.

25. Sracecraft

Sracecraft

I'll be there on Saturday.

Craig

26. I went to the 50th and I will be there at the 60th. Probably on Saturday.

CBB

27. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Well be there!

28. I will have two cars in the main show. My 32 Coupe and a Black/Blue Flames 40 Coupe. I will also be part of the 60th anniversary "Build a Rod" project where we will be assembling a 33 Roadster on the floor of the show. It's a bit more Street Rod than HAMB but should be exciting and a lot of fun to watch. Look for quite a few big name builders to come by and lend a hand and pick up a wrench. Here's what the car looks like as of this past Sunday, shit we better get to work
    [​IMG]

29. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Thanks hcar. I will try and plan accordingly. It looks like the NHRA museum opens at 10am so I will try and hit there first and see what I can.

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i will be rolling up in the shoebox its in the suede palace along with the other guy in our club who owns a 54 black caddy coupe deville,both cars flying the HAMB logo on the car,also both with new TJ tuck n roll swing by,all welcome!