Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any idea who built this 47?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Someone did some great work on this chopped 47 Ford.Have you seen it?do you know who built it?
    Its in Central Florida now.

Attached Files:

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Ever since I chopped a 37 Ford sedan 5" and eliminated the drip rails, I swore I'd never do that again. They get a funky egg shape look and the side windows don't seem to flow properly. Is it my puter, or is the rear window sealed with modeling clay? Not bashing the car, just wondering?

3. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

something about the door seam doesnt look right, and the high ass throws the lines off for me

4. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

god damn thats ugly. who cares who built it.

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

haha

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I concur with the preponderance of opinion. This chop is NOT attractive, and the loss of an eyeline by removal of the driprails makes it look like an egg (as suggested earlier). It also appears to have a bit more taken off of the front than the rear, which just accentuates the "FatAss" look. When I enlarge the photos the bodywork done on this is just atrociously amateurish. My suggestion is for you to find something else to like - something that was done by a person with some skills.

dj

7. moparjack44

moparjack44

Ditto-Ditto-Ditto:p.
    Jackie

8. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Wow, the guy simply asks if anyone knows who built a car that he seems to like and it turns into a bash on the car. I didn't see any where in there that he asked for a build critique. It's not my style and but I don't feel a need to tell the guy everything wrong with it. I generally keep my mouth shut when I see this going on but it's seems to be getting out of hand.

9. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

10. 29 de soto

29 de soto

third brakelight?leaning just a bit.....i'm not feelin it

11. Ya Lee,seems like everything you post today seems to have an asshole magnet on it.I did not ask for a critique but there evidently are a lot of guys on here that just can't help tearing down someones stuff.
    Last week I paid my alliance dues & am already wondering if this site is worth staying on.
    Now you idiots have some real ammunition so,bring it on.

12. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where a person is coming from in a post. Your first sentence...."Someone did some great work on this chopped 47 Ford.", made me wonder if it was "toungue-in-cheek", or someone who had no clue. My post was not intended to pick the car apart. I was curious about how the rear window was installed, because my puter didn't clearly show it being in a rubber gasket. I saw the cock-eyed third brake light, and figured the "great work" statement was a toungue-in-cheek critique by the poster. Sorry you feel like you pissed away money on an Alliance Membership.

Have you recently purchased the car, or planning to purchase? My bad if I offended you, but calling us all "idiots" is probably not the best way to respond either.

13. My biggest problem is that when I post something I think that I am addressing ADULTS.I keep forgetting that not all,but a very small minority on here are Kindegardeners whose IQ matches their shoe size.
    I guess I "have no clue" because I like the car.And you are probably right,I should not have called you "idiots"because that is an insult to idiots.:D

14. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

''Kindegardeners" and he called us a minority ??? WTF ! ! !

Spell check please......j/k

15. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

16. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

since when is ugly not fair game? that thing is shoddy and many were trying to be polite, why insult the board when your taste is the one that's lacking

17. Is this the same car?
    "Photographed at the Swap Meet & Car Show in Springfield, Ohio, May 29, 2005 Owned by Earl C. of Ohio"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:D:D:D:D:D well im not gonna keep my mouth shut .. that fucker is ugly and the guy that started this post is either on drugs or booze juice or just needs glasses...
    Dave

ps: before you even start im not an idiot im an asshole ... Thanks

19. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

OUCH !....This thread......This car !....:eek:......I'm gettin' outta here !.......

20. Sure does look like it Evil,thanx for the lead.I'm just tryin' to find out who built it.

21. Vorhese

Vorhese

When street rodding was trendy, it was a street rod, when rat rods got popular it got flat black and red rims. Cute. It's just so butt ugly with a big ass. Perfect car for an Orca Bettie.

22. When you find him, take his tools away. I just had to jump in.:)

23. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

24. Ray just designed it; Ronnie Milsap built it.

25. It could have been worse... give the guy a brake.... did any one ask if he was done???

[​IMG]

26. Vorhese

Vorhese

27. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Hehe :D

28. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

This takes two pages?

29. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

If you like it that's all that really matters...different strokes for different folks.Just my 2 cents worth. Giz'

30. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I'm in the same boat as others....I thought a guy names OldFart might just be kidding, as first (and more) glance does not put one in mind that they are observing anything that anyone with pride would want to copy. I thought OldFart was joking, as many on here do.

dj