Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wisconsin Junk-Yard Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27T, Jan 4, 2009.

1. 27T

27T

2. 27T

27T

no, all the rust fell off

3. Tony

Tony

Some really cool stuff in there..
    That Stude truck caught my attention...as did a bunch of other stuff like the late 30's/40 Fords..WOW!
    I'm not a Mopar guy, and not really even a muscle car guy either, but seeing that R/T Charger made me sad for some reason.

4. mjxlange

mjxlange
    from SW Florida

Is this Chase's yard in Camp Douglas.

5. 24riverview

24riverview

Not sure I'd call the guy an a**hole but the trunk lid 27T did ask about was shot right down without even asking a outrageous price for the lid or the whole car for that matter. Acres and acres of cars/trucks, guy could have made a LOT of money just scrapping the late models back when prices were high but maybe he doesn't need it. And we did walk around for about 4 hours I think and not get bored!

6. 27T

27T

7. 27T

27T

more pics later.......

8. phat rat

phat rat

I get a charge out of all the comments about how bad Carl is. When I was there I spent all day there. I went on a wrecker run with him, he took me to see some local projects for sale. Also he and his gal took me to dinner even though I hadn't bought anything. That's completely different than what so many of you say.

9. pacman

pacman

Did you ask about this treat?

[​IMG]

10. TraderJack

TraderJack

I think many people don't understand a wrecker like that thinks that those cars are his stock in trade for the little things people need, and they don't want to sell a whole car , because they will make, in the long run, more for the little pieces.

Which is why you see so many of them parted out. Doesn't cost him anything to wait for someone who wants to buy something, a piece of a car, then it does to wait for someone to pull the whole car away.

They are business men, and know how to make money holding on to things

Just think how well off we would be if we had kept our old junk cars.

traderjack

11. john56h

john56h

That 1933 Chevy three window coupe would be a perfect start for a vintage stock car project like the one I've started.

12. We don't part out cars and you'd be surprised how many guys scream, bitch and complain because they need some little part and could care less what selling it would do to the value and sellability of our car. I've had guys ask to buy parts off drivers before. Running, driving cars... I mean what the hell? The answer is they're selfish and only concerned with what they want and have no concept of what it's like to be in our shoes. Which seems to be pretty normal.

13. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

that can't be in wisconsin there is no snow.

14. Sauli

Sauli

Somebody needs to put that ´54 Chevy grille, as well as the whole ´58 Edsel Pacer 2d HT and ´58 Caddy Convertible to better use than that...

15. Sauli

Sauli

I might not be the right guy to comment on places and people in Wisconsin, but I certainly hear what You´re saying...Seen that same exact thing elsewhere enough to know. The point in "their yards are off road" like You said, also brings in the factor there´ll be somewhat limited number of people coming by with cash in hand to actually look up and buy stuff...The most FUBAR -aspect of all this is of course that the longer the stuff sits, the less there will be to sell...

16. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i found that place by accident around the early 90s.
    when i found the place there was a orange 32 ford 5 window up on top of a semi trailer. key word WAS a 32 5 window. also a chopped & channeled 26 T coupe inside.
    hes a nice guy. he used to advertise in Hemmings & id see his ads around.
    -------- if you stood on that 36 ford you could shoot a cheap little bottle rocket off & hit Interstate-90.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am wondering if that is a place somewhere near East Troy that I was at around 9 or 10 years ago. Some of it sure looks familiar. I went there to get parts of a 68 Cougar (which I have pics of it somewhere) and the old guy that had the yard was pretty nice. He let me look around and gave me a price on anything I asked about.

18. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Never stop at a yard in rural Wisconsin and expect a warm welcome......unless you bring a 12 pack

19. Scott Danforth

Scott Danforth

Reminds me of the little yard just north of 10 on T in Manitowoc County.

20. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

His daughter asked me out, hell, over 20 years ago now. Hot little brunette, but she lived almost an hour away then and I never did get around to calling her (Man, what the hell was I thinking then, she was hot and forward!!, what an idiot I was).

I think she told me her father owned the junkyard then, but for some reason I never even made it there to check it out and still have never been there, even though I pass right by it many times a year still.

21. tommy v

tommy v

sure would like to have this nash for parts--[​IMG]

22. Edian

Edian
    from Idaho

your lucky that people still keep rusty stuff like that around... my boss will jsut frigin' crush it, and its not that hes not into cars... he got a sweet international with a 455 buick, a real nice dodge pick up, and he done a bunch of other cars... but if it dont have much on it or it something that he doesnt get asked for a lot he just crush's, well he keeps real valuable stuff too... not much of that around now....

23. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Its a delicate process with Carl. He has mood swings and he loves to talk to people. But he will sell me stuff, I have taken the time to get to know him and he knows me now. I didnt ask for prices until I knew I was going to buy it. I dont want to seam like Im low balling him.
    If you go to his yard, call first, ask if you can come alone and walk through the yard and look around. find something you like, walk back and talk to him about it. He wont sell whole cars because he doesnt want to deal with the titles.

PM me if you are inturested in going to the yard and I can give you directions and a little more advice

He owns the BIGGEST wrecker in the U.S.!!!! He doesnt need your money. He would rather keep his things than deal with an idiot.

24. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

Looks like some neat stuff in the background of a lot of those pictures,would be cool to check out sometime.

25. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Okay people ....since our society is wrapped up on syndromes, conditions and "coholics" it is about time we attach a condition name to these "people" that cant pry these relics from thier cold dead hands... suggestions?

Example....Rust never sleeps attachment syndrome... any others???

26. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

He's got the biggest wrecker? He's also the biggest waste of time. Everything he has "they make any more of". Duh, he's got old cars. The time I was at his yard he was trying to tell me he could get more than $50 for a few ounces of stainless trim. I will admit he does have some of the best vehicles for the upper Midwest, but not compared to the better parts of the country, but doesn't seem to want to part with anything. I was able to get a few parts but you have to dance around with him a lot to get a price out of him. I didn't try to low ball him, I feel I offered him a very fair price for the items I wanted. He's not a spring chicken, he's going to end up dieing and having his kids clearing out the entire yard with the help of a scrap dealer with a shredder.

If I was him, I would hold a year long sale, sale everything at a reasonable price, all cash deals, report 50% to the government to make them happy and spend the rest of my life some place warm. That old iron isn't getting any better, no matter what he thinks.

27. Im diggin all those wagons, nice pics man

Brad

28. was

29. this one is really interesting.... what is it???

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    [​IMG]

30. Snarl

Snarl

Yes, it's Chase's in Camp Douglas WI. Great place to look around, but the guy is a total prick. I think he has some "control" issues. Likes to screw with people. I would suspect that if you showed up looking rather "poor", you might get farther with him. Be polite and don't get pissy... and make sure you have at least twice as much cash as you think you'll need.
    I wouldn't call anything in there "restorable". That '34 Chevy coupe body is junk and incomplete, so don't waste your time on it. Probably wouldn't sell it anyway...

A friend of mine wanted some parts off that '37 Nash. Said he wouldn't part it out, but he wouldn't let you buy the whole thing either.

Good luck everybody...