Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 ford gasser axle questions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chad, Aug 14, 2004.

1. chad

chad

Back in the the day when the average guy was building a straight axle car.What would he rob the from front axle from?.I want to put a straight axle under the front of my 56 ford but I want an I-beam for the period carrect look.I know some guys ran a tube axle but, I just like the looks of a I-beam.It kinda gives it the built at home look.

2. crow

crow

60s Econoline van

3. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

a buddy of mine back in the day built a 56 crown vic he said he straight axled it with an econoline axle..He said it was a pretty much a bolt in after you weld shackles...Reverse the steering arm and you're done...

4. chad

chad

I think there was someone on here doing a 57 ford wagon with a 56 ford F-100 axle?Anyone know who it was ?

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

take a look at the F1 axle. Theres a guy one here with one under his Comet, looks like a good looking axle.
    I used a 57 chevy pu axle in my 65 GTO with 53 pu springs and 53 car brakes.

6. squirrelmurphy

squirrelmurphy
    from Long Beach

Try getting in touch with Specialty Cars in Artesia, Ca. I don't have their #, but they do a lot of gasser style stuff, and have done it for years.

Also, whos doing a gasser style 57 wagon? I'd dig on that.