Register now to get rid of these ads!

What frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R1FIGHTER, Dec 29, 2008.

1. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I may be getting a little ahead of myself but am already thinking about my next project, after bagging the bel air and finishing the camper.

I'm thinking about building an s-10 or a caprice frame then "throwing" a body on it. I'm thinking about a less desirable early 50's car, nash, packard...

What are your suggestions? s-10 long bed with 4.3 or 80's gm with v8?

2. slam49

slam49
    from tulsa ok

i would think that you should know what body you"re gonna use before you build a frame. you need to know the wheel base of the body then proceed with frame dimensions. you could always use the frame that came with the car, seems that would be easier, at least in my book.

3. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

take one thing at a time. how bought just enjoy the belair? projects are cool but driving your car is what its all about.

4. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I will buy the body first, with out a doubt. I've seen a lot of decent body's around here go cheap.
    Lets say in the 120" wheel base...

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Why an S-10 frame when the one under whatever car you get can be modified?

6. I was thinking about throwing some kind of body on what ever frame just earlier today.

Just yanking your chain. Don't let the peanut gallery get you down, daydreaming about building stuff is fun. And, as an added bonus, sometimes it actually leads to a pretty neat build. But do get the body first, be sure you don't want to use the original frame second, then start planning your transplant.

7. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

i would modify the original frame its just too easy to plop a body on a frame and call it a day in my book. the car becomes yours when you build it and make it your own!!!

8. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER