Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with replacement Guide bulbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratty55, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Dad has a Guide 2025-A 5 inch fog light. We are looking for replacement bulbs. Tried yahoo and did a search here too. Haven't found anything. Anyone know where I could get replacement bulbs?? Thanks alot
    Justin Wilcox

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Sealed beam or flange base or 2 pin bayonet ? 6 or 12 volt? More info and a good pic of the bulb would be a good start. Most real parts houses will have a paper catalog that gives all sorts of bulb specs.

3. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

If nothing else, on everyones most un-favorite sales store, there are over 31,902 items listed for Fog Lights under the Motors section.

HellRaiser

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

If sealed beam, look into Unity spotlight site. Might have same size.

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Wow Bruce I had no idea Unity was still in business. They still have some cool stuff for sale.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Look through site carefully...they have brackets listed back to about 1935 for most makes, and there are parts book sheets for Ford Sportlites in there!

7. I've got a bunch of very vintage (1900's-1930's) NOS bulbs. Show a pic or a part number and I'll see if I have one for you.

BloodyKnuckles

8. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Like somebody already pointed out, sealed beam or bulb?

No repops that I know of for the sealed beams. They had both 6 and 12 volt, bulbs were Westinghouse or GE, maybe others. For my replacements I search for the lights, some show up on ebay. I cannabalize the bulb and sell the rest back, usually breaking even. Someday, there will be no more, and I doubt if there will be any market to justify reproducing them.

9. F1James

F1James

I had a large amber fog light burn out and went to NAPA thinking maby thay could order one. To my supprise had one in stock.It wasent same brand but close enough for a driver.I could have got two but at 27.00 for a sealed beam I will not replace till it gos bad.Last one I bought about 18 years ago was 16.00 .I only burn them when its foggy so last a long time.In Virginia if its on a ride it has to work to pass yearly inspection.

10. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Here's a shot of one. Its a sealed beam. As for voltage, I don't know. I would assume its going to be 6 volt though. I'll have to resistor it down to work I'm sure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

If it is a sealed beam they are still available. Pull it apart, sealed beams always had the part number printed on the back. There were some early semi-sealed beams that had a seperate bulb inside a sealed housing. Those can be replaced with a standard sealed beam.

12. Try a Ford Tractor store . . . and maybe other tractor brands as well.

Bonneville street roadster classes are allowed to run a 5" headlight and it looks to me like they're getting them at the tractor stores.

13. oldlites4u

oldlites4u
    from GA.

I most likely have what you need new and used .
    I also disassemble the used ones clean it up and give a choise of 6 or 12 volt

jim 678 687 6866:)