Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sign of sickness?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '40PlyCoupe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. skidsteer

skidsteer

Wow, we actually got thru to someone. Long live the HAMB!

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I just love it when someone comes on and tells us about a yard with hundreds of potential projects and then waffles about sharing the location. If your not going to tell us keep your fingers off the keyboard. Find some other way to be the "big man on campus" Back in grade school it was "I know something you don't know:p", followed sometimes by a beating that usually extracted the information, followed by the realization that it wasn't worth knowing anyway.

Frank

3. 6tall

6tall

I hear ya. Must be why I used to spend an hour on here every night. Now I spend 15 minutes a month here.

4. henry29

henry29

5. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

haha, divorce didnt help me, it made my sickness worse!!!!!!

and i'm loving EVERY minute of it!! :D :eek:

6. I don't tell people where stuff is when the guy who owns it is hard to deal with already, because I don't want some asshole going in there acting like a jerk and making it impossible for anyone, to buy anything. Which has happened in the past on a couple of occasions.

But I have no problem reselling stuff to other people. Of course, someone will probably bitch about that next, but whatever, I got off my ass and saved plenty of cars from the crusher - and still do when I can - even some that probably should have just been crushed.

7. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I kinda agree, plus people asking how much should I pay for X or how much is X worth! However I don't think anyone is obligated to tell us how much they paid for something...might make us hate 'em more :p

8. Jimv

Jimv

I think if some makes a score of something that everyone wants we hate them automatically!! Price has nothin to do with it!!lol.
    JimV

9. screwball

screwball

I admit Ive bought and sold things before but I allways try to undercut the going rate as much as possable. I just gave 4 46-47 ford pick ups away to an aquaintance now a friend. I try to pass on all and any information that will help others in the hobbie this my stuff is better than your stuff has and is destroying the hobbie for the working class.

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

11. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Guys,

You got me all wrong. I don't live in Missouri any longer and couldn't find the business card for this guy. The other day I finally found it. My friend who used to take me there died and I couldn't remember where it was exactly at - until I found the business card.

You will NOT believe all the stuff this guy has. My friend had a '50 Ford Coupe and literally had his pick of 10-15+ cars for parts....

There are literally hundreds of potential rods there and the guy was reasonable! My friend needed a third member for his '50, the owner hauled a card from the yard to the concrete and helped him to remove it for like $100! That's amazing if you ask me...

The story of the yard, as I understand it, is this has been in the family for at least two generations and it simply gets little if any outside traffic. The owner seemed very nice, so please be nice to him!

'40PlyCoupe

12. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Anyone visit the yard yet?

13. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

If you have no means to buy them, then tell others so they can be saved.

14. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

This yard is a short trip of 1-70 right in the middle of Missouri. You can take the Concordia exit north to the yard.

You will be amazed what is there. If I didn't live 9 hours away I might visit again....

15. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

UPDATE!!!! The yard is open and the owner has lots of good stuff left. I visited him this past weekend and picked up a decent '49 Chevy Truck Tailgate.

I think some Kansas City guys know about him, but not too many others....

Enjoy,
    '40PlyCoupe

16. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

17. Deuces

Deuces

I've seen a place like this in Pitosky Michigan some years back.... Not sure if the cars are sitll there....

18. how far from festus/arnold MO is this yard? ill be in the area next month and might want to check it out

19. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

This yard is about 20 miles north of Concordia, MO (exit 60 or so on 1-70).

20. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Anyone been to this yard since it was posted?

I plan to make a 2-3 day trip this summer - it's a 7 hour drive for me...

21. chris_66

chris_66
    from Lexington

After talking cars with a friend of the family, I learned about this place. It's still there, there's got to be easily a few hundred cars all lined up. Freshly mowed grass. It was Easter Sunday, so of course the place was closed, but I'm hoping they'll let me just browse around some afternoon. It's only like 20 mins down the road. Amazing what's right next door and you never know.

22. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Chris,

That's awesome. Do you remember when ACE RC was in town? That was a WAY cool place. :)

23. chris_66

chris_66
    from Lexington

Nope, I've actually only lived out here for about 4 years now. Never heard of that place. Was that like an Ace Hardware meets RC Cola?

There's another yard that ya'll might not know about. It's over off I-70. It's called like Dick's Salvage Yard or something low key. It's on the N Outer Road, almost right next to the Dirt Track I-70 Speedway, but it's not the I-70 Speedway Salvage. I can see a few old cars out in their field, so I dunno if they have all new or old stuff or what. It's on my list that I never get around to getting around to.

24. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Dick Kalwei I think is the guys name. Moved a couple of 63 Chevys that a friend had stored there, this was about 20 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  25. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

WTF!!! yea you are sick

26. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

Yea it is screwed up that someone would withhold info on a yard that is open to the public...but I know several old timers that have private yards that don't want people around or want you telling people about their stuff

27. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Hey it's known now. :)

28. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Chris, It was a radio control airplane manufacturer near the Wal-Mart.

It was a fairly large operation in the US when most companies had gone to China/Taiwan/Japan years ago! Oddly enough, it was sold to a company in Taiwan....