Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pleated seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low49bowtie, Dec 22, 2008.

1. low49bowtie

low49bowtie

Ok ive done some research on this but i wanted to be sure.
    Would 2" two tone (red and white)pleat and roll be mid 50's correct.Anyone got a pic from any old mid 50's hot rod mags.

2. spinner

spinner

that came out in about 61 or 62 in the midwest area.

3. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

1 1/2" pleats were more in tune with the 50's. In the 60's they were getting wider and going to diamond and other stitch patterns.

4. I my "YUTE", the hot setup was diamond design. Few had two contrasting colors, more white with colored piping.

5. low49bowtie

low49bowtie

So pleat and roll was not used in the 50's?

6. Tuck and roll was definitely used in the 50's.

When you are talking about two tone do you mean that each alternating pleat would be a different color or you would do the pleats one color and the surround a different color? I think this is where the confusion is coming from.

7. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

In the sixties (norcal) it was "tuck and roll" -

At our high school you had to : be on the foot ball team, wear pegged pants and drive a tri5 chebbie w/ tuck and roll. Never did do a road trip to tiajuana . . . dang.

8. low49bowtie

low49bowtie

Well thats another thing i was wondering did they use alternate two tone colors on tuck and roll in the 50's.For example if i used red and white would it be 50's correct to go red pleat white pleat red pleat white pleat ect you know like a candy cane or was it more out to have red pleats im the center of the seat and back with white surrounding it. Thats why i was asking for 50's period tuck and roll pictures to get some ideas.
    Matt

9. 1 1/2" is more correct. I believe the intent was to copy the stock interiors of the 55-57 T-birds. Read that in an old "Little Mag" article. Don't know about the legitimecy. Guess it depends on the specific guys intent!