Register now to get rid of these ads!

store a truck bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Concrete B, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Concrete B

Concrete B

I need to store a truck bed, preferably standing on end. It'll be inside. Any tips or tricks? It has no floor, so I'm gonna x-brace it. What else?

2. How about putting a hinge in each front corner and then fold it all flat and store it under your bed.:D

3. Scott Danforth

Scott Danforth

simply stand on the front end on top of a few 2 x 4's then strap to the wall for safety measures.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I'd bolt a chain to the top end and wrap it around a rafter. You never know what the wrong bump might do to its stability...

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i screwed together a couple long 2 by fours with some short ones on the ends acting like outriggers for stability , threw some casters on the bottom , added a couple eyelets so i could run a ratchet strap up over the top to hold it securely , works pretty good for me i can roll it around as needed and not worry about it tipping over

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Don't let it fall over onto your good car...

7. Dirk35

Dirk35

I you set it on end and stack enough shit on top of it and then start piling the stuff around it, youll never even get close enough to it to knock it over or dent it. That is is how my dad operates and how I sometimes digress into if Im not careful.

8. Concrete B

Concrete B

I figured I'd get some crazy ideas for rolling bases or something from this post. I've considered most of these options. It'll probably get strapped to the wall.

9. spooler41

spooler41

When I took the bed off my mod. A P/U I ended up using a bungy cord to attach it to the end of my lathe. there was just enough space to put it out of the way and keep it out of the way.

.......... Jack