Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects El Portal 36 Ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Oct 12, 2008.

1. The center section was already not there when I pulled the car out of the ditch. Changing the cowl due too the car being upside down and it rusted out so badly that changing the whole clip out will be faster and better repair than trying to repair the original one and since I was able to get the 36 cowl really cheap that is the way I am going. Industrial Chassis is working hard on the frame and we should have some updates real soon.

2. Jacksons Garage

Jacksons Garage

Impressive build and shop. I wish the ditches around here had cars like that in them.

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Changing the front clip has no bearing on the cowl.

4. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

looking good Ronald.

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I don't have a problem making it a '36 (but you knew that... ;) ) but the front sheetmetal interchanges. If he had a perfect '35 cowl, he wouldn't have to change it to a " '36" cowl to do the swap. That's all I meant.

6. In this case it would be easier to replace the cowl than to repair the RUST that had eaten out nearly the entire top of the cowl.

You guys are funny.

Pictures of Ron's frame taken mere minutes ago.

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

7. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

I am not trying to be critical here, but doesn't that Center section hang a bit low?

8. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

I just wondered why he wanted to change it to one of those late model cars ;) nothing better than the site of a good lookin '35 lol... im a little biased i guess :)

9. No lower than the stock X. Just wider to accept a variety of transmissions and exhaust systems.

10. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

O.K., my bad-must be the angle fo the picture-

11. Thanks ElP for the update photos.

DesertDroog and Elp have all nailed the newest questions right on the head. Will post more updates soon.

12. Frame came home today and looks just killer. Industrial Chassis did one hell of a nice job. the chassis will be going back later for the rear end and rest of suspension once I am ready. The main thing I was concerned about was a square and stable foundation to build the body from and I have that now. Next the body goes off the to sand blasters and then the cutting begins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. bonesy

bonesy

Very nice looking frame.

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Excellent work, but I would expect nothing less... That thing is gonna be tits...

15. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Keep those progress pic coming. Looks great so far.

16. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

This is going to be a killer build!

17. Brian W

Brian W

Lookin good Ron!
    Awesome work from Industrial Chassis as usual!

18. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

i just found a 36 5 window in a feild and trying to get it this gives me alot of inspiration

19. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Nice frame there cupcake, but aren't you afraid the HAMB traditionalist cops are going to send you to hell for using IFS? What are you thinking?

20. Don't care, I am building the car for me. Sweetcheeks.

21. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Looks good Ron..... Props to El P and his guys too. Dont forget a POSI... and and good motor..... Better burnouts YEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW

22. palepainter

palepainter

Hey Skippy...That chassis is looking tits bro. Did you find that shell in the desert or what. It really looks like your doing this baby up big time. Wish I was around there to see it.
    Best of luck on it bro.
    Mike

23. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

24. mj40's

mj40's

Watching this one. Show us some updates! Killer frame!

25. Hey Ron. TimeBomb John here. Good lookin coupe you got there. Keep up the good work. Looks great... John
    Here is a few shots of the last time I was in Phoenix with the roadster.

Attached Files:

26. Ron, The chassis looks great. What did you do, rob a bank? Sure would be great if you used the 35 front sheetmetal. They look so good. I am partial though as my dad had an original roadster for years. You coming back to Tucson in the near future. You should stop by. I would like to stop by IC some time and meet the crew. Dale

27. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Cool build!
    I like your approach. Build it how you want it!

28. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

amazing progress... Keep up the great work.

29. Well the motor and trans are now in for mock up and the body is off the the sand blasters and should be back tomorrow or by the end of the week and then the cutting begins. stay tuned for the cutting party. Thanks too DesertDroog for the help putting the motor in and setting up the frame on the jackstands in getting for the body too come back from the sandblasters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Time-Bomb John that is some killer shots that you took and you should all know that those two cars are the basis for what I am going to try and build. Hopefully it will come out half as nice as yours.

Curbspeed= I should be down there in a few weeks and will give you a call too see if you are around and will stop by. Would love too see what you have done with the house.